Gravity

Daughters

Charlotte stared at Dr Cullen.

"I'm sorry, it sounded like you just said I was pregnant." She said, in a relatively calm voice.

Dr Cullen nodded, "Your test came back positive."

"I don't understand," She said, shaking her head, "You guys gave me the morning after pill."

"Unfortunately that's not fully effective, it is more often then not, bu-"

"But of course I'm one of the few who can't catch a frigging break." She retorted, somewhat sarcastically.

Dr Cullen sighed, "I know it's not fair Charlotte, especially for a young girl like you. But, there are other options." He started, "You're only a few weeks pregnant, and given the circumstances you are able to get an abortion no questions asked. There's adoption as well. Or, you can keep the baby."

Charlotte groaned, burying her face into her hands. Was it pathetic that at that very moment she wanted Jacob there with her? Not out in the hall waiting for her to be finished.

"I can't get an abortion." She mumbled into her hands, "It would be so much easier if I could, but I can't."

Dr Cullen nodded slowly, "Alright, then there's obviously no rush on things. If you change your mind within the next month we can remove the baby. Take the next week or so to think it over, talk to your family, and if you're set on keeping it we can help you figure out the next steps."

Charlotte nodded, the tears in her eyes threatning to fall, "This sucks." She muttered, Dr Cullen nodded.

"Did you want to tell your father, or would you like me to?" He asked, since her dad was no doubt anxiously waiting outside with her boyfriend.

"Oh God, can you please?" Charlotte nearly begged, not wanting to see the reaction her dad would have, knowing that her father was unpredictable, and the fact that he had kept cool so long in this situation was practically a miracle.

"Of course," Dr Cullen agreed, "Did you want to tell Jacob...?" Dr Cullen asked, a weird look on his face that Charlotte couldn't quite place. She bit her lip, but nodded her head slowly. She could handle Jacob, sure he was huge, and she definitely wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of one of his hissy fits, but she knew that if Dr Cullen had to tell him, it would pretty much be a slap in the face, especially since Jacob had been nothing but good to her.

Dr Cullen left the room, and before she could even think of what to say, Jacob was walking in, "Hey." He said, smiling shortly, and breathing heavy.

"Hi." She responded, and watched as he cracked a few of his fingers, someting he did when he was anxious, or worried. "You alright?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" He asked, trying to lighten up the mood, she gave a weak smile. "So, what did uh, Carlisle have to say?"

Charlotte sighed, "He said that..." She started, but stopped. Never in her entire life did she think she'd be saying she was pregnant while she was a teen. She was a kid who would be having a kid. "Jacob, now is your chance to get out." She said weakly.

He raised his eyebrows, "Um," He chuckled uneasily, "What?"

"Jake, you don't need to deal with this. You haven't been home for weeks, you haven't been patrolling, which I'm sure is putting a stress on Sam, and Quil, and all of those guys. You've been having to deal with my night terrors, and me 24/7. And now I'm frigging pregnant, and it's not fair to you, you shouldn't have to deal with this kind of crap. It's unreasonable for me to keep doing this to you." She cried out, finally leting the tears fall down her face.

She expected him to freak out over her saying she was pregnant, and bolt as soon as possible. But, instead he put his arms around her, and pulled her into his huge body.

"Jacob?" She choked, not able to fully breath, "Did you listen to anything I just said?!" She demanded.

"Yes I did, and yeah the last few weeks haven't been the greatest, they've been tough, but I'm not going anywhere." He said, releasing his grip on her, in order to look down at her, "I don't care how long it will be before I get back to La Push, or how many times I have to wake you up from your nightmares, I'm staying. And nothing, not even you having a baby is going to change that." He said, his eyes locked with hers the entire time.

She sighed, "Fuck you for saying all the right things." She muttered, before leaning in, and pressing her head into his chest. He put his hands on her lower back, and rubbed it soothingly.

"So, the baby." He stated, "You're keeping it."

She furrowed her eyebrows, before looking up at him, "Yeah, how did you know?" She asked.

"I could hear." He said after a moment, and she nodded remembering how he had super hearing, to put it lightly. "So do you know what you're going to do?"

She sighed, and rubbed at her tired eyes, "I don't know. I can't get rid of it, I just..." She trailed off, and shook her head, "Can't. But, I can't take care of a kid either." She added.

"So you want to give it away, or...?"

"Give it away?" She repeated, and couldn't help but laugh, "It's not a old sweater." She teased, and he bashfully rubbed his neck, "Adoption is the only rational thing I can think of."

"And you'll be able to give the baby up? I mean, I don't have a kid-"

"I would hope not." She cut him off.

He rolled his eyes playfully, "I don't have a kid, but I have watched enough TV's and movies, and heard enough in the news. Usually giving a kid up is hard."

"I know," She nodded, biting her lip, "But I wouldn't be a good parent. Not now anyways. I can barely take care of myself, keeping the baby would be really... Selfish." She decided. He nodded slowly, before there was a knock on the door, and Dr Cullen opened the door.

"Charlotte, your dad wants to talk to you." Carlisle said, giving Jacob a look. Jacob nodded, pressing a gentle kiss to Charlotte's forehead, before walking out. Ben walked in shortly after, and Carlisle opened the door.

There was an awkward silence, neither of them comfortable enough to do what they really wanted to. Charlotte would of liked nothing more then to cry, but her dad hated being around crying girls, it made him uncomfortable. And Ben wanted to hug his daughter, and tell her it'd be okay; but once again, it would be more then uncomfortable since affection as simple as hugs wasn't the norm between Ben and Charlotte.

"So, Dr Cullen informed me of the situation." Ben finally decided on.

"The situation? You mean the baby?" Charlotte corrected, not able to help herself, Ben nodded, sighing heavily.

"He mentioned that you said no to abortion?"

"Yeah." She shrugged, "I can't, and I won't." She added, and he nodded once again.

"Alright, we'll get through it then." Ben said after a moment.

Charlotte was surprised, she half expected this to be the straw that broke the camels back, and that her dad would demand for her to have an abortion, and act like a first class jerk if she didn't.

"Thanks for the 'we'." She said gently.

He nodded, "We can use the doctor Caren and I used. She was really good. You'd probably like her."

"Okay." Charlotte nodded.

"But, don't forget: if you change your mind, it's not to late to reconsider abortion." Ben reminded, and Charlotte nodded, although she had a feeling that she wouldn't have to reconsider, the thought of abortion nearly making her stomache turn.

"Okay." She repeated.

"Did you tell Jacob?" He asked.

"Yes." She nodded, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"He didn't seem upset...?" Ben pointed out, obviously confused.

"Yeah, he took it pretty well." She shrugged, not really knowing what to say, seeing as Jacob took it a lot better then 'pretty well'.

Ben shook his head, "I like him Charlotte. But I'm not going to lie: that boy is kind of weird."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I suck, and haven't updated in a while but unfortunately my 24 year old sister who was 7 months pregnant lost her baby, a few days after New Years, so I've been helping her and my brother-in-law out since we're really close, and it's just really sad it happened since this was supposed to be their first kid. But, things have calmed down a bit, so updates should be more regular.

I also have a couple of other stories written, but don't know who to base them on, so if you guys have any ideas/wants/dedications let me know. I don't know if I want to do another imprint story though, but any suggestions would be great.