Gravity

One

"I hate you Jacob. I really, really hate you."

Jacob rolled his eyes at Kim's complaint. But he wasn't going to focus on that, in about two minutes, he'd finally see her again. He'd get a chance to talk to her. And maybe, if he didn't creep her out too much, he'd get a chance to see her sooner, and not where she works.

"Aw, come on Kim, if nothing else, you're getting some kind of free desert out of this." Seth said from beside Jacob, always ready to stick up for the guy he idolized since he was probably twelve.

"Shut up Seth." Kim retorted, and Paul held open the door, letting the seven of them in. Emily and Sam were coming later since Emily had to run a couple of errands. They'd be one short what Jacob had reserved, but Leah, Collin, and Brady had to stay in La Push to run patrols. Collin and Brady because they were the new wolves who had to be given the ropes, and Leah because she could 'care less' about helping Jacob out with his plan to meet his imprint in a way that didn't involve him just gawking, mouth half open.

"Hi! Welcome to Bushwhacker, how many of you?" A girl, with an overly friendly smile said as they all got in.

Jacob elbowed Jared, "Right! I made a reservation." Jared said, and the girl nodded.

"Party of ten, Jared?" She asked, reading off of the hostess booth computer.

"That sounds about right." Jared said, "Two people still need to come though." He added as she started taking out menus, she nodded, and grabbed two more.

"Right this way." She smiled, and they followed her. People stared wide eyed as they passed, obviously not accustomed to seeing six huge guys of their size in person. "Is right here okay?" She asked, pointing at a long table beside the windows.

"Yeah, great." Jared said, as all the boys, and Kim sat around the table.

"Okay, Charlotte's just finishing up with some customers, but she should be over in a couple of minutes." The girl said, then left them.

"So Jake, you going to woo her with your ordering skills?" Paul teased, an amused smile on his face.

"Yes Paul, I'm going to 'woo' her with my ordering skills. If you imprint are you going to 'woo' her by speaking like you're in the eighteen hundreds?" Jacob shot back sarcastically, making a few of the guys snicker. Jacob would of laughed, but straightened up instead, seeing her walking towards the table. She was going through one of those little notebooks that waitresses write orders in, she wore a black t-shirt, and dark washed jeans, as did the other waitresses, and she had a small apron/pocket around her waist.

"Hi guys." She smiled, her eyes made their way across the table, but they froze, "Paul?" She asked surprised. Jacob looked across the table at his friend, who turned to look at Charlotte, his eyes widened, also surprised.

"Charlotte?" He asked, and laughed a bit, "You work? Here." He said, adding the 'here' afterwards.

"Yeah." She laughed, and nodded, as if she knew he'd be surprised.

"Why?" Paul asked, Jacob kicked him in the shin, but it only made him flinch a bit.

"Oh, you know.." She trailed off, and laughed uneasily, "Get out of the house, and all that." She shrugged. "I didn't know you cam here?" She asked him.

"Oh well," Paul said, turning around and meeting Jacob's gaze, "It's my friend Kim's birthday, so you know." He said, and Jacob sighed with relief that Paul wasn't going to be a jerk.

"I see." She nodded, smiling at Kim who was across from Paul, and giving him a death glare, her eyes scanned to Jared, and then landed on Seth and Jacob.

Her smile went for a second, confusion crossed her features, and the words 'busted' were flashing in Jacob's mind. Seth saved the day though. "Jared wanted a good place for Kim's birthday, and I remembered our conversation." He smootly lied. She smiled a bit uneasily, but nodded.

"Alright, can I get you guys drinks, or do you want to wait for the other?" She asked, obviously noticing the two menus and empty seats. They all ordered drinks, and she walked off to get them.

Paul nearly howled with laughter.

"You imprinted on Charlotte?! That Charlotte?! Charlotte Browning?! Oh Jake!" Paul laughed loudly.

"How the hell do you know her?" Jacob demanded, ignoring Paul's laughter.

"My Aunt moved next door to her after her and my Uncle divorced, and she opened up her jewellery shop here." He explained, and then laughed again. "Dude, have fun with your handfull." He added. Jacob narrowed his eyes.

"Handfull?" He asked.

"Yeah man, her dad invented some kind of chip thing that goes in your cell phone; I don't know. Anyways, she's like this little rich kid."

"Are you telling him he imprinted on a spoiled brat?" Kim asked Paul, Jacob's eyes widened for a second.

"No! No, Charlotte's actually pretty nice, I don't really know her, but she's always been polite. But her family is really messed up." He explained, Jacob raised his eyebrows as if to say 'because?'. Paul sighed, and looked over his shoulder to make sure she wasn't in sight, "Her mom left a few years ago, and her dad has remarried like five times. The fifth marriage ended because last year he got a nineteen year old pregnant." Paul explained, the pack's and Kim's eyes widened, "Anyways, her dad hasn't really done the whole dad thing since her mom left, and he got crazy rich, so whenever he messes up he just kind of buys her stuff, and expects that to be enough? My aunt says when he got the chick pregnant, Charlotte came home to a fancy new BMW, and also a nineteen year old living in their house carrying her dad's child." Paul stated, "She kind of flipped out, because the girl just kind of mentioned it to her as if it was nothing. But he's bought her cell phones, and clothes, and sent her on trips as ways to say 'I fucked up, but here is a present, so you can't get too mad at me.'." Paul finished with.

"Poor girl." Kim said, "Who would want their dad to get someone who's like three or four years older then them pregnant?" She added.

"Shh! She's coming." Paul said.

"And then I was like 'Buddy, you can't park your car in two parking spots', and he was like 'Dude! I'm the Principal of this school. I can park where ever, and how ever I want.'." Seth randomly said, as Charlotte started putting drinks down, and asking if they wanted to order, or wait, and they all decided to wait since Sam and Emily would only be a few more minutes.

"Jacob," Kim gritted, "I thought the whole point of this, was for you to talk to her." She said, when Charlotte walked away.

"I haven't had the chance to talk to her yet." Jacob defended.

Kim sighed, this was going to be a long night.

_________________

"I am never, ever, EVER doing anything for you again!" Kim said, as they walked out of the restaraunt. She took the crown off of her head, and threw it at Jacob, "I wouldn't be as mad if you... Oh, talked to her! But, you didn't, so never ask me for anything again." She said, Jacob rolled her eyes.

"I talked to her." Jacob defended.

"Ordering your food, doesn't count as talking. Sam ordered his food, but that doesn't mean anything!" Kim said incredously.

"Well what do you want me to do?" Jacob asked, figuring that Kim just needed to get this whole thing out of her system.

"I'll tell you what you can do. You can sit in your little car, wait for her to get off, and then talk to her, so that way the evening wasn't a total waste of my time and humiliation." Kim said. Jacob laughed.

"And you, Jared, and Paul are going to wait with me?" Jacob said sarcastically.

"No, we're going to sit in the backseat of Emily's car, and probably be at home by the time she gets out of there." Kim said smugly. Jacob laughed, assuming that she was joking, but then watched as the three piled into the back of Emily's car.

"Seth, be a friend and stay here." Jacob said to the younger boy, who was heading towards Quil's truck with Embry.

"Sorry man, when you went to the bathroom Kim told us we had to leave you here, 'or else.'." Seth said.

"Seth, it's Kim, she can't hurt you." Jacob said.

"No, but Jared sure as hell can." Seth said, and hopped into Embry's truck. His friends waved good bye, but within a couple of minutes Jacob was left alone.

Alone, helpless, and having no idea what the hell he'd say to Charlotte.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter will be much better, and Charlotte/Jacob filled. Trust me.

Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting!