Gravity

Disturbia

Jacob Black drove through the suburb that Charlotte had told him she lived in.

He was impressed, but also a bit intimidated. The houses were all beautiful brick houses, with big driveways, two car garages, and big lawns. There was sidewalks, a lot of trees, and you could tell it was a high class neighborhood, where you had to have a lot of money to live in, that's what intimidated him.

Jacob was by no means poor, him and his dad definitely lived a comfortable life, but between the BMW and the nice neighborhood, and from what he learned from Paul, this girl was rich, and that made him a bit self conscious, and nervous.

"Why are you freaking out man?" Paul asked annoyed, "I told you, she's nice, she knows I don't have a lot of money and she was nothing but nice to me."

"Yeah, but you aren't invested in her." Jacob replied.

"Dude, Charlotte isn't even into all that stuff. Sure, she probably likes being spoiled every now and then, but my Aunt said Charlotte isn't a superficial little daddy's girl." Paul explained, "Hell, she barely even likes her dad."

Jacob rolled his eyes, "It doesn't matter Paul, she comes from money, and a genius father, and probably goes to school with a bunch of rich, smart guys, and then there's me. I'm nothing compared to those guys she probably see's everyday." Jacob said.

Paul snorted, "Man, stop acting like a girl. She'll like you, she may need time too really like you, but she wouldn't of agreed to go out with a guy she barely knows, if she wasn't at least attracted to you."


Paul's words rang in Jacob's ears as he pulled into the driveway of the house labeled '37'. The house was a large grey brick house that looked about three floors. It had tons of windows, an archway door frame, it had a granite stone walkway with flower beds along it, the grass was perfectly cut, and there was a huge driveway.

Yeah, Jacob Black felt just a little out of place.

Before he turned was able to get his keys out of the ignition, he heard the sound of the front door opening, then closing. He looked up to see Charlotte locking the door of the house, and he froze when she turned and started walking down the steps, then the walkway.

She had hurt herself, somehow in the last few days. Her jawline was cut, and he saw that there was stitches on it. He had planned on trying to be a gentlemen, and open the door for her, but he was so shocked by the fact that she was hurt, that she got into the passenger side on her own, "Hey." She smiled.

"What happened?" He asked, without saying 'hi'. She looked confused for a second, but realization quickly dawned on her.

"Skating accident last night. We were doing a group thing, and when one of the girls did a spin, she lost balance, kicked her leg out, and I was next to her, so I got cut a bit." She explained.

"Did you go to the hospital?" He asked, wanting to make sure she took care of it properly, she nodded.

"Yeah, one of the medics they have at the arena said that the cut was really deep, so he drove me to the hospital to get it taped up." She shrugged.

Jacob just nodded, "Good." He said, "You sure you're up to going out?" He checked, she laughed.

"As long as we're not going to be running a marathon or something, I'm good. A bit sleep deprived since I was at the hospital for a few hours, but I'd rather go out then go stir crazy in my house." She said smiling. He couldn't help but be relieved that she was actually going to go through with this. He started up the car, then pulled out of her driveway.

"Alright, how about we just go to a movie or something?" He asked, as he started driving through the neighborhood again.

"Okay." She agreed, "Which movie?" She asked.

"There's a couple that are out," He started, he rambled off the name of some romantic comedy that Rachel had dragged Paul too.

"Is there an alternative that doesn't include a cheesy story line?" She laughed, and he sighed of relief that she wouldn't make him endure some fruity tootie love story that didn't even make sense in the end.

"Yeah, there's that 'Parnomal Activity' movie." He stated, he hadn't seen it, but he had heard about it from the twins, Collin and Brady, and they wouldn't shut up about how 'insane' and 'crazy' it was.

"That's all I've been hearing about at school." She laughed, "But yeah, let's do that one, everyone say's it's really good!" She added enthusiastically. He nodded. "Are we doing anything after or...?" She trailed of, and looked at him curiously.

"I have to work tonight, so it kind of depends on how long the movie is." He said, somewhat upset that Sam was making him work at five, meaning he might only be able to get a movie in with Charlotte since driving back took about an hour.

"Alright." She nodded.

"So, where do you go to school here?" He asked, she laughed, "What?" He asked surprised.

"Nothing, just don't assume I'm some snotty little rich kid when I tell you, okay?" She said, he nodded, "My dad send me to Notre Dame Private School." She stated. His eyes widened a bit. He had only heard a few things about that school, one: you have to be insanely smart to go there, two: you have to pay a lot of money to go there, three: it's a school with a uniform, and four: there sports team's kicked ass on a regular basis.

"Wow, Notre Dame High." He said.

"Yeah, my dad is really into me getting 'the education he never did'." She said, mocking her dad at the last part, making him chuckle a bit, "Where do you go? Wait, better question, where do you live?" She asked, and he laughed.

"I live in La Push." He said.

"The reservation?" She asked.

"Yep." He nodded.

"I've went there a few times for football games." She said, he laughed.

"Yeah, I've graduated, but I was there for a few brutal beatings your school took on mine." He laughed.

"You graduated?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm eighteen and a half." He stated, she nodded, and there was silence in the car, then she spoke up.

"I'll be eighteen in February." She said simply, but he looked at her, seeing her biting her lip.

"Yeah?" He asked. She nodded, and he smiled a bit, "Going to have a huge party in that big house of yours?" He teased, and she laughed, shaking her head.

"No, I avoid bringing people in my house, it's a bit crazy in there." She said, he raised an eyebrow at her, "You go in there with my crazy dad's girlfriend, and you'll never be the same." She laughed.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, especially you. She'd probably spend her time hitting on you, and trying to lure you in her room." She joked.

"Then we'll just have to make sure your dad's around if I ever go in there."

Charlotte laughed hard, "That's never stopped her." She stated, Jacob looked at her, and saw that while she was smiling a bit, she was obviously telling the truth.

"Sounds like a winner." He nodded, making her laugh again. Jacob decided he was going to make it his goal to just have her laugh all the time. It was like music to his ears.

"Yeah, my dad knows how to pick them." She said, shaking her head, "So what about your family?" She asked.

"Um," He started, "My mom died a few years ago, so it's just been me and my dad lately. My one sister lives in Hawaii but calls a lot, and the other moved back, and is engaged to one of friends." He explained.

"Sorry about your mom." She said after a second, he shrugged, "What's your dad like?" She asked.

"He's in a wheel chair," Jacob started, usually a point he brought up to people, she nodded slowly, "But he has the mind set of a ten year old, I swear; I'm usually the one telling him to settle down, and to act like a grown up." Jacob said smiling, and she laughed a bit.

"Well at least he can be happy." She stated, "Most people in his predicament wouldn't be like that." She added, and he nodded.

"Yeah, he's pretty great." Jacob nodded, as he turned on the main street of Port Angeles where the movie theatre was. He parked on the street, and they both got out of the car. They walked side by side on the sidewalk towards where the theatre was.

They walked past a few bikers who were smoking, and cat calls started. Jacob felt his blood boil when he saw they were looking directly at Charlotte.

She laughed uneasily, "That's awkward." She said quietly.

"Hey sweet heart, wanna take a ride?" One of them called. Jacob clenched his jaw, and saw the blush on Charlotte's face, making him even angrier that they were embarassing her. The wolf part of him really just wanted to go over to the guys, and teach them a lesson. But, he knew he couldn't do that without Charlotte thinking he's a crazy, angry guy.

Instead Jacob put his hand on the small of her back, and led her into the movie theatre entrance. When he put his hand on her, the cat calling, and whistles stopped almost immediately. Jacob smiled, sometimes it helped to be huge, and intimidating.

"Thanks." Charlotte said once the doors were closed, the blush wore off her face.

They got there tickets, and after a lot of protesting, and arguing from Charlotte, she let him get the tickets, then the popcorn and drinks. Jacob almost gave in, seeing as Charlotte was good at puppy dog eyes, and trying to talk him out of it, but he was determined, and if his mother was alive, she'd probably smack him for not paying for the girl. He remembered when he was twelve, even though he still wasn't that into girls, she always told him 'Jacob Black, you have to be a gentleman. And when you go out with a girl, you pay for her.'. Of course Jacob rolled his eyes, and said he'd never go out with a girl, but here he was, still going by his mother's orders.

The theatre was relatively empty, with a small group of Junior High kids that must've known who Charlotte was, because Jacob heard them whispering, and saying 'that's Charlotte Browning', then there was an older couple, and a few college kids.

"She's really pretty." He heard one of the younger girls say about Charlotte.

"Is that her boyfriend? I've never seen him around?" Another one asked.

"I haven't either, but they're really cute together." The first one said.

"Is here good?" Charlotte asked, stopping near the middle, he nodded, and sat down in the seat next to her.

"Are you good with scary movies?" He asked, remembering back to a time when he was fourteen, and went on his first 'date', and the girl was practically screaming the entire time.

"Usually, but I've been hearing this movie is really bad." She laughed a bit, "Don't worry though, I'm not going to throw up, or make you deaf by screaming or something." She added, making him laugh.

"I appreciate that." He said.

"When does the movie start?" She asked after taking a handfull of popcorn.

"In..." He pressed the side of his cell phone to make the screen light up, "Twenty minutes." He said.

She nodded, "So where do you work?" She asked.

"What?" He asked, caught off guard.

"You said you had to work after this." She said, looking a bit surprised at his response.

"Yeah, I uh," He swallowed nervously, "I work for my friend Sam Uley." He stated simply.

"Oh," She nodded, "What do you guys do?" She asked.

"We just do some patrolling, and help him out." Jacob said uneasily, she raised her eyebrows a bit.

"Patrolling?"

He laughed a bit, knowing that she'd find out the truth eventually, but this was not the time, or place. He wasn't going to tell Charlotte that he was a wolf who hunts vampires the first time he's really gotten the chance to hang out with her, "Yeah, just making sure no one causes trouble, you know?" He said, she smiled, nodding a bit.

"Right." She said, "That must be a fun job." She added.

"It has it's moments." He agreed, "But obviously, nothing like waiting tables, and serving food." He added sarcastically, and she laughed.

"Shut up." She said, "The people are normally nice, and tips are good." She defended.

"Well of course tips are good." He said. He knew that he, and a lot of his friends tended to give extra tips for the waitresses that were really gorgeous. He knew that was a double standard, and wrong, but it was just a habit.

"Yeah, my tray holding skills are really a crowd pleaser." She said sarcastically, making him smile.

"I don't think it has anything to do with your tray holding. Or your waitressing skills." He said, looking at her, she looked at him, and looked away blushing a bit. Before he couldn't appreciate her blush since those biker guys were pissing him off, but now he had a feeling that he needed to start complimenting her, just to get her to blush.

The lights dimmed, and the previews started. The movie started after a few previews and commercials.

At first it was boring. Just two people with a home video camera, and at night nothing really happened at first, the door moved a bit, but that was it. It wasn't until the part when the door slammed shut, and something started banging on the door, that Charlotte reacted to the movie. She simply slid down in her seat a bit, and held her right hand in front of her face.

He put his hand on her leg to get her attention, but she just jumped about ten feet in the air, then looked at him, "Trying to make me pee my pants?" She whispered, making him laugh a little.

"No." He said, still smiling, "Are you okay?" He asked, she just nodded, and grabbed his hand on her leg, and held onto it tight.

Jacob was somewhat shocked, and even though he knew she was holding onto his hand because the movie was scary, he was somewhat giddy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo I changed a couple things. I changed Charlotte from a dancer to a figure skater, and this takes place after Breaking Dawn, but I'm changing a few things obviously (he doesn't imprint on Renesmee, packs didn't seperate) but eventually that'll all be explained in the story to Charlotte, so bear with me until then.

Thanks for commenting, I wasn't able to get back to everyone since I've been crazy busy with university essays, and apps. But thank you to everyone! Keep em' coming.