Gravity

Bubbly

Jacob Black was in awe.

Charlotte wasn't just an average figure skater, she was a damn good one. He wasn't even saying that because he imprinted on her, she literally was one of the best skaters in the group of eight girls. She was able to do jumps, and kicks without any difficults, and with only grace, while a few of the other girls stumbled, and a couple fell. But never his Charlotte.

The arena was relatively empty, with only a few other parents of the girls on the ice, he could here them talking to each other, either about how their daughter needs to improve, or about what to make for dinner after, or arguing about who had to go and get the coffee.

He focused on Charlotte, she said that they were only skating for two hours, and there was only five minutes left, he directed his attention to her, and the girl next to her, who kept looking at Jacob throughout the skating.

"Do you know that guy?" The girl asked Charlotte, as they skated past the section he was in, Charlotte looked over at him, and smiled, he smiled back. Sometimes it came in handy to have above average hearing.

"Yeah, that's Jake." She said simply to the girl.

"Is he your boyfriend?" The girl asked. Charlotte blushed.

"No, we're friends." She said, and Jacob felt his hands clench. If that wasn't a slap in the face, he didn't know what was.

Then the reasonable part of his mind stepped in, and told him they were just friends, that he had never made his intentions clear with her, except for a few compliments, and longing looks.

But, shouldn't it of been obvious? He was obviously going out of his way to see her, she knew he was from La Push, and had to go out of his way to see her.

"Really?" The girl said, doubt in her voice, "Well your friend like's to stare a lot."

"I asked him if he wanted to come watch me skate. Obviously he's going to watch Amy." Charlotte replied.

"Yeah, there's a difference between watching, and staring. And homeboy is staring, and it's obvious it's not because he's a figure skating fan." The Amy girl laughed, making Charlotte blush again.

"We've only been hanging out for like a week at the most." Charlotte confided.

"Doesn't mean you can't be attracted to each other. And you'd have to be blind, deaf, and stupid to not be attracted to him." Amy said. Jacob had a feeling he'd like this girl.

"He lives in La Push. He'll probably get bored of me quickly, and just say it's to much of a drive to hang out." Charlotte said, making Jacob furrow his eyebrows.

"Maybe, but maybe not." The girl said, "Have you gone to La Push to see him?" The girl asked.

"No, like I said: we've only hung out a couple of times."

"You should go visit him then. You know; return the favor and all that." Amy said.

Yes, Jacob definitely liked this chick.

Charlotte laughed, "We'll see." She simply said, as the coach called the girls over. They all stood together, as she talked about what they'd be doing their next practice, and how fittings for a competition they were having, would be done in the next week. The girls skated off the ice, and Jacob stood up, and walked down the stairs of the bleachers, to where Charlotte's bag was.

"Hey." She smiled at him, as she unlaced her skates. "I hope that wasn't to boring for you." She said, pulling off her left skate.

"No, not at all." He shook his head, "You were really amazing." He said, like a love-sick fool. She blushed a bit.

"Thanks." She said, putting her skates into her bag, and taking out a black zip up sweater, which she put on over her loose, navy blue long shirt. She slipped on her tennis shoes, leaving the bottom part of her legs bare because of the leggings she wore. They started walking up the stairs, to the exit doors. As they got outside, she held her keys out to him, "Do you want to drive? My legs are killing me." She said, groaning at the last part. He didn't even say anything, and quickly grabbed the keys. Was she actually going to let him drive her car? A car that he couldn't even imagine driving even in his dreams.

The drive was quick. He sped the entire time, and could see Charlotte grimacing, but pursing her lips. A few times he slowed down for her sake, but within a few minutes he'd be going faster then he originally was. Even though he imprinted, it still didn't stop him from releasing the speed demon in him.

"Remind me to never let you drive again." Charlotte laughed, after he pulled into her driveway, going about fifty, and slamming on the brakes.

"Sorry." He laughed, pulling the keys out of the ignition, and passing them back to her.

"It's fine, this car needs a bit of damage done to it anyway at somepoint." She joked, and opened the car door.

"So," Jacob started, he decided if she was to afraid to ask or suggest, that he'd just put himself out there, "Any plans on the weekend?"

She bit her lip, smiling a bit, "Not on Saturday."

"Do you always have the day off on Saturday or something?" He asked.

"I volunteer to teach kids on Sunday, so I'm usually at the rink from one o'clock to six o'clock since I do a few classes. And fridays I have practice, so Saturday is usually the day I have to hang out with friends." She explained.

"How would you feel about coming up to La Push?" He asked her, looking into her dark green eyes. They reminded him of the woods, they were a dark tree green.

"La Push?" She asked, raising an eyebrow, "I-You want me to go to La Push?" She asked.

Suddenly he began to worry, maybe she didn't want to go to La Push, maybe he hadn't listened close enough, or mishear her since she was so far away when she was talking to that Amy girl, "Unless if you can't." He said, not wanting her to feel like she had too.

"No, yeah. I can go." She said, stumbling over her words a bit. He smiled.

"Alright, I can pick you up if you don't want to drive." He offered.

"No, it's fine, I'll make the trip this time." She teased lightly, making him chuckle and he felt color grow to his cheeks.

This girl was making him blush. What the hell was happening to him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the commenting! I really appreciate it all. Keep em' coming! : )