Status: Re-posting.

Enchantment Cast by a Spell

Valentines.

Without another word of the previous full moon, the boys continued on with life. Callie forgave Sirius once she saw his battle wounds. He had a gash across his arm, from “protecting the seeker of the team”.

It was two weeks later and the school was buzzing with excitement. The girls mostly, but nonetheless everyone was excited Valentines’ Day was soon approaching, and this year they were allowed to go to Hogsmeade, it being a Saturday.

The girls were sitting in the library finishing up homework, the night before the Hogsmeade trip when Sirius and James found them.

James plopped into a seat next to Lily and threw an arm around her. Smiling, she kissed his cheek and settled back into finishing the sentence on her essay. Sirius cautiously slid his hands along Callie’s arms, and kissed her temple.

She looked up and smiled, leaning up to push her lips to his. He smiled, and exhaled a sigh that he had kept hidden, taking the last empty seat next to her.

“You girls excited for tomorrow?” James asked the two as they began to pack up their belongings.

“Well, depends what you have planned.” Lily said looking up at her boyfriend with a smile.

“It’s a surprise, you cannot know.”

“I’m not.” Callie said as she closed her bag and slipped her cloak on.

“Why not Call?” Lily asked as James took her bag from her.

Shrugging, Callie grabbed Sirius’ hand and they all began to leave the library. Sirius hand slid from Callie’s and his arm draped across her shoulders. He kissed her temple, diminishing all thoughts of valentine’s.

“What do you wanna do tomorrow Callie dear?” Sirius asked, as they stepped through the common room entrance and headed towards the red couches. She shrugged and threw her bag to the floor.

Remus was already sitting in a chair, reading a book. He looked up and smiled at the couple before entering the world of knowledge once more.

“I don’t care what we do Sirius.” He sighed and laid on the couch, placing his head into her lap. Her fingers found his hair and began to run through the locks of his soft hair. His eyes closed, and he soon almost found himself asleep.

“James, why would you even think that?” Lily yelled as she stormed up the stairs.

“Lily, I don’t! I’m just asking.” A slam of a door could be heard below, and then the common room went back to its normal chatter. Callie lifted herself from the couch, letting Sirius’ head hit the cushion, and rushed upstairs.

“Mate, what happened?” Remus asked closing the book once he memorized the page number.

“She received a note, and I asked if it was from Snevillus, you know he’s been after her for awhile.” Sirius nodded and James shrugged. “So I tried taking it to read it, and it was from a friend at home.”

“James, you’re too nosey for your own good.” Remus explained as he smiled and shook his head.

“I know…I know.”

~*~*~*~*~

All around the school the Saturday morning, kids were buzzing with excitement. Callie and Lily were still in their dorm, taking their time. Both of the girls were dwelling on leaving the castle to be with the tons of lovesick teenagers, but for different reasons.

Lily watched as Callie ran a comb through her hair, sending the natural waves into a bounce. Callie caught Lily’s eye and smiled.

“Aren’t you excited for your trip with James?”

“Not particularly anymore.” Callie put down her comb and turned. She went to the window seat her friend was perched on, and sat beside her.

“Why not? Yesterday you were okay.”

“He’s a dumb git,” she mumbled. Callie let a laugh slip between her pink lips and she put her hand over her lips to stop the noise.

“I’m sorry, but that’s James! He does stupid things; he probably didn’t even realize what he did. And he’s so crazy about you!” Lily blushed and looked at the red carpet below them.

Shrugging she pushed her red curls behind her ear. “I know, but he accused Severus of writing a Valentine card to me. I mean, sure we used to be friends…but that was a while ago. I stopped talking to him the day he yelled at me.” Callie sighed and relived the memory.

“I know, but James and Snape don’t get along, and both of them are in love with you. They can’t help it, James is the type to be very protective of you, and if he is jealous, he can’t help it.” Callie smiled at her best friend and pushed her from the seat. “Go be with your boyfriend, he is probably beating himself up.” Lily smiled, squeezed her best friend’s hand, and grabbed her cloak.

Callie stayed in her seat, but swiveled so her body faced the window. The snow from the previous fall had melted, and the sun was blinding. The heat hadn’t reached the grounds yet, and therefore looks could be deceiving.

~*~*~*~*~

Lily entered the common room and instantly found the messy hair that belonged to her boyfriend. She skipped to him and slid her hands across his eyes, shielding his sight.

He chuckled and grabbed her wrists, lowering her hands. As he looked up, he felt a smile stretch across his lips. She leaned down and let their lips touch briefly before standing to her full height.

“Are we going?” He nodded and stood, taking her hand before they departed the room for their date.

Sirius watched as his best mate left the room, and looked around. Callie had yet to leave
their dorm, and his nerves were becoming anxious.

Standing, he jumped up the stairs two at a time to the correct floor. Stopping outside the door he listened, but once he heard nothing he had his cue to enter. His eyes found the girl sitting on their window seat, and smiled.

She turned at the sound of his arrival and smiled. Reaching her hand out, he took a hold of her and pulled her up. She wrapped her small arms around his large build and squeezed.

“I missed you at breakfast,” he said as he kissed her lips softly.

“Sorry, I overslept.” He took her hands and pulled her down to the common room.

“Well let’s get you some grub.” She smiled and let him pull her out of the castle and towards the small town.

~*~*~*~*~

All around the two teenagers, students rushed in and out of shops. As they pushed their way through the crowded pub, they found their friends at a table, and instantly grabbed two empty chairs.

“Hey Mate,” Remus smiled and lifted his drink to the couple. Sirius excused himself into the crowd, and Callie smiled at the boys.

“How are you two?” Peter shrugged before taking a large sip of his warm drink and Remus grinned.

“Quite well, how about yourself?”

“Good, no dates? What, are the girls in Hogwarts dense?” Peter blushed and excused himself while Remus laughed.

“Oh Callie dear, you are far too kind.” She smiled and shrugged and gratefully took the drink that Sirius handed her.

“Thank you love,” she kissed his cheek and returned the smile that he threw her way. Wrapping an arm around the girl, he brought her body closer.

“Remus, I know there’s a girl you must fancy.” Callie pried a bit more. Remus smiled and shrugged.

“If there is, I shouldn’t say.” Callie’s lips fell apart before she pouted.

“Please Remus.” He closed his eyes and shook his head.

“Now is not the time Callie dear.”

“Hi Remus!” The group turned and Callie smiled, allowing the newcomer to join.

“You’re Ashley right?” The tall, curly blonde smiled and nodded. Her Ravenclaw cloak hid a book, and her cheeks were tinted with color from the cold. “Well, welcome.”

Across the table Remus ducked his head, and Callie was quite aware. A secret smile pushed it’s way onto her face, and everyone knew what she was thinking.

“So have you seen James and Lily?” Remus asked changing the subject quite suddenly.

~*~*~*~*~

As Lily and James took a stroll through Hogsmeade, Lily couldn’t help but feel a tug at her lips. As James saw the smiling forming over her lips, he let a grin play on his face.

Dropping her hand, he slid his arm up her own, and over her shoulders. Bringing her body closer, her scent filtered into the air and captured his senses.

“Are you having fun so far?” He asked, his lips brushing the tips of her ears. Sending a heat wave down her body, she nodded up at him.

“I am, thank you James.”

He took her other hand, and looked at her watch, letting his fingers trail over her warm arms.
“Want to go meet up with the lot at the three broomsticks?” He asked right before placing a delicate kiss on her temple.

“Sure,” they then turned and headed the other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I personally hate Valentine's Day. ugh.
But hope you all enjoy this :)
And, look out for the new comer :)

Favorite comments :)
Merlin, my decoy, and Dodger.
Thanks :)
You guys make me happy when I get comments!