Status: Re-posting.

Enchantment Cast by a Spell

Plotting.

“You would think the first time we spoke to the git he would have learned.” Sirius said shaking his head. The dark hair on his head swayed with his motions. Strands of the dark hair landing in his eyes caused him to push them aside.

“Yeah, well as you simply just put it, he’s a git. He wouldn’t remember that bloody conversation.” The same dark haired boy from the great hall said. He pushed his glasses further up the bridge of his nose as he smoothed out the parchment before him.

The crumpled piece was an old piece of parchment that needed to be tossed to most on-lookers. If you looked closely you could see little black dots making their way across in different directions. An outline of the castle traced the edges of the map, and the grounds surrounding them seemed clear.

A sudden addition made the eyes of Sirius drawn to the page. He watched as the dot moved closer to their location.

“James,” he nudged the boy beside of him and grinned.

“Let’s go.”

-*-*-*-*-

“Oh Lily, he was awful!” The redhead smiled and rubbed her hand along the girl’s back.

“I know Callie, just forget about him.”

“How much do you reckon of the great hall heard?”

“Not much,” the brown haired girl looked up at Lily.

“Really?”

“Positive Callie,” Lily smiled at her best friend before frowning at the girl. “You’re breaking my heart by looking so upset.”

“I’m sorry. I’m not sad because he broke up with me. I’m upset because I was dumb enough not to see past his lies. He played me so well.”

“Oh Callie, he’s the dumb one here. He’s a dumb bloke for doing what he has done. Do not ever believe yourself to be stupid. That’s rubbish!”

Callie pushed herself up to a sitting position and nodded.

“You’re right, besides I need to finish up some homework.”

Lily nodded and smiled. “Want me to accompany you?”

“No I shall be alright. I shouldn’t be gone past an hour.”

Grabbing her cloak and bag, Callie left the dorm and headed down the spiral stairs. Few students were left in the common room, but being a Thursday evening, it was not unusual.

-*-*-*-*-

As Callie pushed her arms into the sleeves of her cloak, she heard familiar voices. Being the curious girl that she is, she continued in that direction, ignoring the voice reminding her the library was in the opposite direction.

“Listen, we told you not to hurt her!” The powerful voice shook Callie’s bones but she continued on.

“Look, who cares? It’s over and done with. Just let me pass and we can go on with our business.”

“Who cares? We care, why do you think we are standing here you dolt!” The familiarly of the voices became too much for Callie and before she could blink the four boys stood in a circle around her ex-boyfriend.

“Sirius, what are you doing?”

Sirius spun around so fast he missed the smirk that took over Leo’s face. He swallowed his pride and shrugged to Callie.

“You don’t know? Why are you yelling at Leo?”

“He hurt you Call,” Sirius ducked his head to become eye level with the girl. At the mention of the previous hours her eyes began to fill once more. His heart pounded as he took her hand and pulled her away from the circle. “Prongs carry on without me.”

“No, James.” Callie yelled before stopping her walk with Sirius. “I know he’s a dumb git, but
let him be. Karma will be around his way soon enough.”

“Come on Callie,” Sirius pulled her away once more before she could see that James had simple ignored her protests.

“Where were you headed anyway? It is almost past hours.”

“I know, but I had unfinished assignments sitting in my bag.” The boy laughed and threw an arm around the girl.

“Oh Callie. You and Lily Evans are the only girls I know who even with a broken heart would do homework.”

“I don’t have a broken heart Sirius.”

“You don’t?” Quite surprised as the girl’s words. He couldn’t help but feel happiness swell inside that he still stood a chance
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know if you like this story.
Thanks :)