Status: Re-posting.

Enchantment Cast by a Spell

Lessons.

A week into James’ potions lessons and he could feel himself learning. He was not only learning more about potions, but about his teacher. Lily Evans taught him things that he would never have dreamed.

It all started when James suggest they take a break and go for a walk. As they walked along the empty halls, he asked questions. Seeing no harm in the action, Lily answered every question truthfully.

Lily felt that if Callie could trust the young man, maybe she could as well. As the walk continued they both offered facts that they wanted to share.

James learned that Lily had a sister who hated her. James shared the feeling he had whenever he was in the air on his broomstick. Lily told how it felt to live in a muggle family, and how it felt to receive her Hogwarts letter. James shared how it was to live in a wizard town, and how he felt when he too received his letter. Lily shared memories of her past, and James shared memories of the Marauders.

By the time they entered the common room, the distance they normally had, was broken and they could easily brush their hands together.

Callie noticed this and smiled; afraid to ruin the moment she turned towards her book and continued on.

Anyone that stayed at Hogwarts could see the new friendship building between old enemies. Lily Evans was becoming a friend of James Potter, and no one was more surprised than them. Lily found herself laughing at his stories and less irritated with his antics, while James found himself fascinated with her studying and less worried about his ego.

When Slughorn asked of a progress check, Lily could honestly say that James Potter was quite a student. He listened to everything that she told him, and took in all her advice. He quickly learned everything, and was soon succeeding at his work.

“She’s a brilliant helper professor.” James said as they stood before the potions professor. Slughorn smiled and nodded.

“Which is the reason I asked her to help you. I see no further lessons will be needed. Thank you Miss Evans. I will see you both in class in a few weeks.” They nodded and left the room.

Lily looked at James and smiled, she hugged him and he stiffened. Unprepared for this hug, he didn’t know what to do. Lily had never physically touched James unless she hit him, and therefore he was caught completely off guard.

“Oh sorry James.” He smiled and shook his head.

“Can we re-do that?” Lily laughed and felt her arms wrap around his body. Soon his own arms wrapped around her small frame, and he couldn’t help it when he inhaled her scent.

-*-*-*-*-*-

The eve of the New Year soon rolled around and Callie found herself just waiting to trek through the snow. Sirius was busy; trying to make up detentions, and promised her he would take her outside.

She sighed as she starred out the window. The sky would not be growing dark for a good amount of time, and she wanted to spend the rest of the light hours outside.

Callie looked around the common room and found Lily reading. James was writing on parchment while the rest of the room was quiet. A fire was burning in the fireplace, creating some form of sound, but the only other noise there was included James’ quill, and the pages turning in Lily’s book.

“Do you two want to have a snowball fight?” Callie heard herself ask the two.

Lily looked up and smiled. As a child she and Petunia would have snowball fights, and make snowmen. She nodded and closed her book. “Sure, I’ll grab our stuff. James are you in?”

Still not used to Lily using his first name, he starred at the girl. She smiled and left the room without any answer. He jumped up and ran up to his dorm while Callie laughed to herself.

-*-*-*-*-

The three soon found themselves heading to the front doors when a voice stopped them.

“Thought you could have a snowball fight without me?” Sirius smiled and threw an arm around Callie. She grinned and leaned up to kiss him, he met her halfway and savored the taste of her sweet lips.

“Sorry love, but Lily and I are on a team.” And with that the girls threw snow at the boys before running off.

-*-*-*-*-

As the fight continued, Sirius ran after Callie and tackled her to the ground. Her laughter could be heard off in the distance and Sirius smiled down at the girl. She smiled up at his and found that his lips were getting closer. She closed her eyes when their lips finally made contact, and felt her arms wrapping around his neck. He grinned and put his hands under her head.

The snow finally having an affect on their body, they stood and shook the snow off of them.
Callie’s mouth fell open when she found the other two, and smiled when the initial shock wore off.

-*-*-*-*-

As Sirius chased Callie around, James got smacked in the side of the head. Lily laughed at his expression but the laughter quickly stopped when she found herself starring straight at James. He smiled and pushed her hair behind an ear. As his gloved hand made contact with her skin, her eyelids instantly closed.

He smiled softly at the girl before him and hoped he could one day call her his own. She opened her eyes for them to catch his own. He let his hand trail down her skin, and land on her hip. She gulped back a breath she had been holding and pushed up onto her toes. Her lips crashed against his, and they both couldn’t catch their breath until the kiss ended.

“Lily, I’m sorry.” James rushed but the smile on her face explained she was anything but sorry.

Shaking her head she shut him up by placing another kiss on his lips.

-*-*-*-*-

As Callie watched Lily get ready for her ‘date’ with James, she smiled at the small fish before her. It started out as a small flower petal, and slowly became a fish.

Lily watched as Callie smiled down at her fish. Lily originally gave the idea to Sirius after purchasing a similar present for another. Lily grabbed her book before standing next to Callie.

“He’s wonderful,” Callie whispered as her eyes watched the fish dance in the water.

“He really is, I have to go meet James. But I’ll be back in a bit.” Callie looked up and smiled.

“Of course, go have fun.” She winked; Lily blushed but smiled and left the room quietly.

As Lily entered the common room she found Sirius starring at the fire, walking over to him he looked up and smiled.

“You have Prongs in a nervous state.” Lily laughed and pushed her hair behind her shoulders.

“Yes well your girlfriend is upstairs starring at her fish.” He smiled and felt himself looking like a fool. Lily smiled at the admiration that covered his features.

“Sneak upstairs, I won’t tell.” Sirius looked at her and dropped his mouth open in a dramatic way.

“Lily Evans is telling me to break the rules?” She laughed and pushed him off the couch.

“Go.” Listening her headed up the stairs and turned left instead of right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Favorite Commenters!
HopelesslyInLove.
Thank you so much :)

Sorry I suck with updates. I will update quite a bit before I go back to school, promise!