The Times They Are A-Changin'

Lost

As I drove down the quiet dusty road, I suddenly began to feel tired. Alex sat in the back seat looking out the window “It’s getting dark out, Av!” he exclaimed as he rubbed his sleepy eyes and yawned. I nodded, “don’t worry buddy, we’ll be home soon,” I promised. I turned the radio on but there was no reception. I shook my head in displeasement. The road was now completely dark and I quickly turned the lights of my old car on. Not a single car drove passed us on the road and I soon started thinking.

“Are we lost? This doesn’t look like the way we came from,“ Alex muttered. I shook my head. “No, no, we’re okay, I just must have taken the wrong turn or something,” I searched out the window for some sort of landmark or something to indicate where we were, but there was nothing. An eerie atmosphere surrounded us. The road was dead and empty. “I’ll pull over here,” I mumbled as I parked the car at the side of the road. “Stay here!” I ordered. Alex responded with a nod and lay his head against the fogged up car window.

I opened the car door and hopped out closing the door shut firmly behind me. I put my hand to my forehead and squinted a little to see if I could see where we where. Nothing. It was too dark to see anything. I could barely make out the silent forest beside us. ‘Shit’ I thought to myself.

I went back to the car and hopped into the drivers seat. “We’re lost aren’t we?” Alex asked rhetorically. I nervously smiled, “Yeah, I think so!” I said turning back around in my seat. I tried to start the car back up but it didn’t work. “Come on!” I barked angrily. I tried again and again. Nothing. I smacked the steering wheel and buried my head in my hands.

I took out my phone and opened my phone book. I typed in ‘A’. I scrolled down the list until I found Addii’s name. I pressed the call button and put the phone to my ear. It began to ring. It rang and rang, but there was no answer. I sighed in disbelief. ‘No way, this can’t be happening!’ I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = :]

xxxxxxxxx