The Times They Are A-Changin'

Pray to God

It took about an hour and a half before I pulled into Nita’s driveway, I cut the engine and walked up to the front door. Before I even knocked the door was pulled open and I was face with Tommy, Anita’s son, his face was pale and he had dark circles under his eyes.

“Who are you?” he asked, a grimace on his beautiful face. I looked at him in surprise before bending down to his height.

“I’m Ace, your mommy’s friend remember I was here last Christmas?” I asked him, he shook his head vigorously before shouting for his mom. Anita cane through the kitchen door and spotted me, a wide smile made its way to her face as she walked towards me, she hugged me tightly. “Mommy.. Make the mean lady go away,” Tommy demanded.

“Tommy don’t say such horrible things, especially about Acelyn, she is your god-mother” Anita stated, but I told her to calm down.

“I just came over to say hi, I’m staying the in motel down the road, so I‘ll be back to visit tomorrow,” I explained as little Abby came running down the stairs. She ran into my arms and buried her face in my neck. I looked over at Nita and she shook her head, looking down at Tommy. “What’s wrong Abby?” I asked, she lifted her head and looked at me.

“Can I go with you?” she asked quietly, I looked at Anita who nodded quickly.

“Sure you can, you go get in the car while your mom goes and gets you some stuff,” I said as I put her down, she ran over to the car and climbed in quickly as Anita went up the stairs to pack a small bag for Abby. I looked down at Tommy and noticed the cold stare her was sending towards his sister, it was only a few minutes before Anita was standing in front of me, holding a bag.

“I’ll walk you to your car,” she explained as she told Tommy to go sit down as she closed over the front door and walked towards my car. I followed behind her, when we reached my car I pull Abby’s bag in the back seat. “What do you think is wrong with him?” she asked.

“I have an idea of what I’m dealing but I need you to act like nothing is wrong.. But at night I want you to lock your door and do not unlock it until the morning,” I explained as I got in my car. “I will take care of this,” I stated as I started the car and backed out of the driveway. I waved to Anita before driving down the road in the direction of the motel. Once there I parked the car and helped Abby out before getting a room and carrying her down the corridor and unlocking the door before bring her inside. I put Abby down and dropped her bag as well as my own on one of the beds before pulling my phone out of my pocket.

“Hey baby,” Dean answered out of breath.

“Hey Dean, can you talk?” I asked as I sat down on the bed.

“Yea sure, what’s up?” he questioned.

“I think Anita’s son has been taking by a changeling, something isn’t right,” I explained.

“Well you need to find the mother, check out any abandoned building or any open space.” Dean stated.

“Dean.. I’m in Fargo North Dakota.. There is a lot of abandoned buildings around here, I don’t even know where to start.” I exclaimed but was stopped when I heard Addison’s voice in the background.

“This isn’t my bed Dean,” she whispered making my blood boil.

“Dean..” I mumbled as tears came to my eyes.
“Its not what it sounds like really..” Dean said quickly.

“What ever you say Dean.. I’ll figure this thing out on my own,” I stated as I hung up. I turned to look at Abby seeing her standing quietly by the wall. I called her over.
“Hey so how come you wanted to come stay with me?” I asked the five year old.

“Tommy is mean to me now,” she exclaimed with tears in her eyes, I wiped them away quickly.

“I’m going to help your brother but I need you to be strong, do you know if any other kids are like Tommy, maybe kids at school or in the playground?” I questioned, she nodded.

“All the kids on our road are like Tommy,” she said knowingly, I nodded quietly before picking up a map of the area and unfolding it across the table and put a ring around any building surrounding Anita’s road.

“Hun.. I need you to be brave for me okay?” I questioned, she nodded,” Tomorrow you’re going to have to go home while I find out what’s wrong with Tommy,” I stated. She nodded.

The next morning, I dropped Abby off at home and followed my map to each building near Nita’s house only to find one factory abandoned, grabbing the aerosol can and made sure my lighter was in my pocket before heading inside. It was dark inside with light only coming in through a few cracks in ceiling. I looked around the bottom floor but not seeing anything I walked carefully up the stairs and noticed a small splash of blood on the wall. Taking out my lighter, I walked further into the dark room, hearing nothing I hurried down the hall and heard light banging on one of the doors, picking the lock, I opened the door seeing ten kids in the tiny cramped I scanned all the face before sighing in relief when I spotted Tommy. I rushed towards him.

“Are you okay?” I asked, he nodded and I helped him up. “You have to help me get all these kids out of here okay?” I asked.

“Okay,” he replied before they all linked hands and followed me out of the room. I took out my lighter and got ready to kill the changeling. “You lead the kids downstairs and go over to my car.” I ordered Tommy before heading down the hallway. I didn’t even see it coming when I was slammed into the wall, dropping the aerosol can, I turned quickly and kicked the Changeling mother before grabbing the can and setting her on fire. I sighed in relief before grabbing stomach as pain hit me. I groaned before heading down the stairs and out to the car.

************************************************

I smiled as I stood in font of Anita and Tommy. Anita smiled in appreciation before pulling me into a hug. I smiled down at Tommy. “be good kid,” I demanded before hugging him then Abby. “You a brave little girl.” I stated before kissing her cheek and standing up straight only to grab my stomach in unbelievable pain.

“Ace.. You’re bleeding,” Anita said in panic as I looked down at my pants only to see a red patch on the front of them. “Oh god.. Kids get in the car,” she ordered as she grabbed my arm and helped my towards the car, helping me into the front seat.

When we reached the hospital, I was immediately put in a wheelchair, I handed Nita my phone.

“Call Dean,” I said as tears ran down my cheeks. “I need him.” I stated as I was pushed down the hall and into a room, as I prayed to god everything was going to turn out good in the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
I seriously almost cried when I wrote this so You all better comment.

XxX