The Times They Are A-Changin'

Shoot First, Ask Questions Later

I heard something wandering around outside and I began to get frightened, I thought it was an animal or something at first so I sat up and listened closely to see if I was dreaming but I heard something grumbling outside. I tipped Sam’s shoulder. “Sam, Sam, wake up! Did you hear that?” I asked. He mumbled a bit before going back to sleep.

I got out of my sleeping bag and unzipped the door of the tent and made my way outside. It was pitch dark and I couldn’t see a thing. I walked on to see if something was wandering around but I couldn’t see anything. I shrugged my shoulders and went back to bed.

The next day I woke up but Sam wasn’t there. I figured he was already up so I quickly got changed and made my way outside. Sure enough Dean and Sam were outside talking to each other. “Morning boys!” I smiled. “Morning Avril! Sam replied. “Morning, hope we didn’t wake you,” Dean smirked. I shook my head, “not at all. Is Matt and Addii up yet?” I asked. Sam shook his head. Dean glared at their tent for a moment before chuckling and walking back over to his tent.

I sat down on the ground near the fire from last night. Sam quickly joined me. “You okay?” he asked kindly. I nodded, “yeah I just hope Alex is okay. Sorry, jeez I never stop talking about my family. So how long is this hunt going to take anyway?” I replied. Sam shrugged his shoulders. “I can’t say really, could be a few days, a week,” he answered. Dean returned with a few things in his hands. Sam and I stood up and I quickly tied my long blonde hair in to a ponytail. Dean handed me a gun.

“Listen Avril, you see anything, anything suspicious you shoot, okay! Ask questions later,” he added. I nodded “okay thanks!” I replied nervously. Dean smiled and put his hand on my shoulder. “You okay? If you don’t want to do this it’s, you don’t have to,” he tried to reassure me. I shook my head. “No, no. We’ve come too far. I can handle it.” I replied. He nodded. I looked over to see Matt and Addii coming towards us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short chapter! Better next time!

XXXXXXXXX