Status: I update when I can ? :)

Let's Get One Thing Straight,

I think tonight I'll take the long way,

I stood observantly staring at my wall, one picture still hung. I was hoping to gather the rest and finish the wall before I started my new job the following week. I was excited to have a job writing articles for a local magazine. The magazine itself wasn't popular, but to have a piece of writing in a magazine was mind-blowing.

I was still standing in the same position, still in my interview clothes, heels and all. My phone vibrated a few times, I read the message swiftly. It was John inviting me to a "hang sesh" at his house. I felt my stomach drop, there would be alcohol. I needed this kick back more than ever. I pushed away all the awkward events and agreed to meet him there.

I was feeling like such a different person. My reserved side pushed itself to the side and my bold side came right out. I was extremely nervous driving over to John's, relieved to see Jared and Garrett's cars sitting in front. I was greeted by a grinning John, who hugged me briefly.

"You look beautiful," He whispered.
"Thanks," I smiled lovingly.

We walked into his warm home, his little brother thrown on the couch, remote in hand. His eyebrows rose at me slightly. I impulsively slipped my hand into John's, his face flushed. I could feel his little brother's shocked glare in my back. I removed my hand when he opened the door, I was greeted by smiles and Jared's huge grin.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders, "How did it go?"
"I got the job," I smiled wholeheartedly.
"I'm so proud of you," He hugged me again.
"Thanks," I couldn't even begin to explain how sensational it felt to have my brother back.

He was the one person who always knew I could make it. No matter the harsh things he occasionally blurted, or the many silent treatments I'd received, he always believed in me. He was always proud of me, and I was always proud of him.

I glanced around the room, the soft eyes I was searching for were nowhere to be found.

"Where's Kenny?" I whispered to Jared.
"He couldn't make it,"
"Oh,"

Was John right, did Kennedy tell everyone?

I looked at John, puzzled eyes, he looked away quickly. Kennedy didn't tell anyone, what was going on? I removed my heels and headed out to my car. John followed me closely.

"Where are you going?"
"Home, you lied, Kenny didn't tell anyone,"
"He didn't, he just confronted me about it. But Macy, I deserve a chance. And if you knew Kennedy was mad at you, you'd need me more,"
"John, I'll always need you,"
"To be your confidant,"
"John," I was hurting for him.
"Just don't leave," He pleaded opening my door.

I grabbed my extra clothes and followed him back into the house. He pointed in the direction of a bathroom and I changed quickly. Someone knocked on the door, I opened it. I was faced with the eyes, his eyes seemed like the only things I ever noticed. But his face was gentle, and he moved out of my way.

"Thanks," I moved past him.

I was angry with myself. I was angry with him. We could've kept trying, we could've made it. I walked into the garage once more, grinning as a cover up.

"Ready?" John asked everyone.

Kennedy rushed to get in place. I grabbed Jared's beer, sipping from it impatiently. I was a little tipsy before I even knew it, 7 beers later. I felt the unconscious feeling that was familiar to me about a year before. And everything went black.

You must've got a day or two ahead of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Macy's Interview Outfit.
Macy's casual outfit.
COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE.