Status: I update when I can ? :)

Let's Get One Thing Straight,

And now everyday I thank God for my family.

I guess in theory, writing was a huge part of who I was, who I wanted to be, or would ever be. Unfortunately, when I sat in my cubicle at Tempe Entertainment Daily, I definitely never imagined I’d be writing about shit with no substance.
Being a writer, or journalist, rather, entitled things of substance, one of which Tempe Entertainment Weekly did not possess. I worked long, relentless, monotonous hours, in which I wrote dreary articles about the “nobodies” who were in actuality Tempe’s “finest”. Arizona had always been a boring state, which had an extensive background including some really life-changing artists/musicians.

I sat at my desk, concluding my last sentence on the article visible in front of me. It was definitely not a piece of work with much thought, more facts than anything. I pondered the boys for a few minutes before I noticed some of my co-workers slowly heading toward the lobby.

I listened to the click of not only my, but all the women’s high heels. Our outfits extremely over-dressed to be sitting in a cubicle all day. I pulled my bag higher onto my shoulder, pulling out my keys and a cigarette. I clicked the unlock button on my keys and sat in my car, smoking a cigarette. My phone vibrated obnoxiously, I had one new message from Kennedy.
‘Band practice, love. See you at Pat’s? I love you.’

I nodded to myself before backing up slowly, taking all the time in the world to arrive at Pat’s.
When I did arrive however, it was the same thing I’d seen every time. The fire pit lit, beers in each boy’s hand, Pat usually gripping a Root Beer or something of the sort. I grabbed my cigarettes and walked toward the boys, Kennedy smiling cheekily. I hugged Jared tightly before greeting the boys and sitting next to Kenny.

“How was work?” His lips found their way to my temple.
“Boring,” I pulled out a cigarette and lit it.
“Quit,” Kennedy whispered.
“Right,” I laughed.
“I’m serious Macy,” He scoots away from me to stare at me.
“Kennedy, I just started working there 4 months ago. There’s no way—you would never quit your job if I asked you to,” I shook my head and grabbed John’s beer swiftly.
“Hey—“He reached for my hands after I took a gulp.
“That’s way different,” Kennedy defended.
“Your job’s better than mine?” I questioned, definitely offended.
“Macy,” He furrowed his eyebrows.
“Whatever Kennedy, seriously,” I looked into the sky, which was littered with stars.
“I didn’t mean it like that,” He whispered.
“Kenny—“Jared spoke sternly.
“This was between me and Macy,” He snapped.
“Kennedy, shut the fuck up,” I spat, “Don’t talk to him like that.”
“What the fuck is going on? Why the fuck are you two ganging up?” He questioned fury apparent in his eyes.
“I’m leaving,” He stood up, and no one said a word to get him to stay.
I stared at the light of his headlights shining onto Pat’s fence, and I shrugged.
“What the fuck just happened?” Garrett blinked a few times.
“Can’t say I know,” John chimed in.
“Blood is thicker than water,” Jared stated.
“I love you,” I smiled at Jared.
“Love you too Mace.”

We all became absent-minded once more as we joked & laughed. Before long, Jared & I were on our way home, he unlocked the apartment and we were still laughing as he walked toward his room. I watched through the back sliding glass door as a summer storm began to spill its contents onto the sidewalk below. I jumped at the thunder and smiled to myself before locking the front door, and its deadbolt. I unfolded a blanket from the hall cupboard and Jared watched me lay it on the couch.

“Want a shirt?” He questioned and I nodded as he retrieved an old t-shirt for me.
“Thanks,” I smiled and used the bathroom to switch clothing, the shirt reaching almost the top of my knees.

As I returned to the couch, Jared was sipping a cup of Orange Juice, a smile across his lips.

“What?”
“It’s just hilarious that you’re sleeping on the couch,”
“How so?”
“Is this an episode of Growing Pains or something? And aren’t the roles usually reversed?”
“He’s being rude; he can endure the thunder all night alone.”
“Oh Macy,” He laughed before switching the light off and kissing the top of my head.
“Sweet dreams,” He said nonchalantly.
“I hope nothing but—“I repeated for the millionth time in my life.
I sat in the darkness, only the motor of a box fan filling the silence. The lightning began and I rolled over, my lids sliding across my eyeballs. Before I could recollect the events of the night, I was snoring lightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Macy's Outift.

What is the verdict ? Comments please.