Status: I update when I can ? :)

Let's Get One Thing Straight,

Long winded promises of future company.

I sat on a plane. A flight that would take 2 hours, turned into a flight that would take a hefty 5 hours. There were 2 babies crying, which when together, sounded multiplied.

"Little girl," The old woman next to me poked my arm gently.
"Yes?" I bit my tongue, holding back a harsh comment.
"Would you mind keeping me some company? I am terrified of airplanes."
I studied her old wrinkled face, wondering why, she was even on this flight to begin with. My heart softened immediately, taking back any harsh feelings I felt before.
"Of course," I muttered as she took my hand and began to tell her story, her German accent very thick.

I didn't feel the plane taxi as her story captivated me.

"Ze took me away from my parents, and away from my family. My parents died soon after, along with my older sister. My brother was selected to do harsh labor, and I was selected for kitchen duty. Which ultimately was ze thing that saved my life. When our camp was liberated by ze Americans, a special special soldier took me under his wing and helped nurse me back to health. We would soon be married 2 months after, and he brought me to America. Where I have lived in California ever since. Now that he is dead, I must come live with my Grandson, Austin." I was in tears, her accent creating the most dramatic atmosphere.
"That is so amazing. If you don't mind me asking, what did your husband die from?"
"He had cancer."
"I'm so sorry."
"No need be sorry. Our love was one of ze main things that kept me sane after the war. Love is somezing really special, somezing you hold onto no matter circumstances. And zat's the reason why I am okay in zese days. Love kept me alive, kept me breazing."
My heart was aching at her words, thinking of Kennedy. Thinking of the things that could have been.

'Now landing in: Phoenix, Arizona.' The robot voice spoke.

"Thank you for keeping me company little girl, you have such a kind heart, and a yet it's so heavy." She kissed my hand and hugged me, her perfume filling my nose.
"Thank you for changing my life," I whispered quietly.
"Goodbye little girl," She walked away, I would never meet someone like that ever again.

I called my father to pick me up, and we drove to the home I'd be leaving for the second time.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I lied, next chapter is the last. Seriously. Pardon me trying to imitate a German accent. Hope I don't offend anyone. But WWII is my FAVORITE thing in the entire world, and I needed something that would affect the character, significantly, and teedah! Found it :) Stay tuned for the ending next chapter, FEEDBACK PLEASE :)