Status: I update when I can ? :)

Let's Get One Thing Straight,

Up close the sound remains the same.

I stood observing the place I had grown up. The place I had shed both tears and fears, and had grown into a woman. The place I had run away from before, in hopes of something better.

The pale yellow house stared at me in a way that only I could recognize. A way that called my name, tantalizing me, and teasing me. I walked toward my car, my Dad sat in the driver's seat, shooting me a look of a silent questionable confirmation.

"Ready?"
"As I'll ever be," I wiped my eye softly.

It's true when people tell you that letting shit go is hard. When you love something, or someone you choose to deal with all that comes with it generally. Until that is, you figure out it's the worst thing that has happened to you.

Then again, the best things in life aren't healthy.

"I thought you and Brock were gonna stick it out."
"Me too Daddy, me too," I shook my head, sweat trickling down my back.
"Where are you gonna go?"
"California."
"I know that, but where are you gonna stay?"
"Wherever my heart takes me. I'm tired of living life for other people. Tired of pleasing others when internally I'm suffering so bad," I leaned my head against the headrest.
"That's who you are Macy, you were put on Earth to be kind, and to be generous, and giving. Embrace that honey."
"To a certain extent Dad."
"You're right," He nodded and turned into the airport unloading zone.

He unloaded my luggage and hugged me gently, wrapping his calloused hands around mine he gave me his best wishes and watched me walk toward the terminal. As I walked I felt my stomach caving in, and my heart breaking. Breaking from the feeling of leaving everything I had come back for, hurting from not being able to fix what I had broken. I stared at the TV, my flight to Ontario, CA was on time. I stood in the boarding line, only one carry-on by my side.

People were crowding from all directions, trying to climb aboard before one another, their tickets in hand. I froze and took a deep breath, supressing all the feelings of anger I was possessing as people cut in front of me, and shoved me roughly.

My ticket fell from my hand, and sailed about ten feet. I watched it closely and sprinted after it, my eyes boring into it, in fear of the fact that someone just might snatch it up. I reached out my hand and a hand stopped mine, I immediately withdrew my hand and a black box sat atop my plan ticket. The hands were familiar and I followed the arm all the way up to the exhausted, worried, and frightened face.

"I made it here just nearly seconds before you boarded that plane."
"Why?" I questioned.

He directed my eyes toward the box once more, where the velvet on the outside was so smooth I just wanted to run my fingers over it repeatedly.

I cracked it open. A ring stood in the center, a diamond popping instantly. I stared at Kennedy who was on one knee, breathing hard and begging me with his eyes.

"Macy Madelynn Monaco," He started.
"Y-Yeah," My stomach was doing sommersaults.
"Please, please, please, please be my wife. You are my everything, you complete me and I can't let there continue to be risks of you leaving me."
"W-What?"
"Marry me," He was begging.
"I-I-I," Tears were filling my eyes rapidly.
"Please, Mace."
"I've waited years to hear that come out of your mouth," I whispered exasperated.
"I've waited years for you to say yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
There it is, so happy to shut one door. Though I love this story and wished I could've worked on it more. Just moved into my college apartment, and classes start in a couple days, so :( Comment pleasee.