Status: I update when I can ? :)

Let's Get One Thing Straight,

Just your skin against the window,

The drive was short and sweet, full of silence, and a little background music. My heart was pounding as I pulled into a small park, one where so many firsts and so many memories were shared between Kennedy & I.

I stepped out and followed the path down to the small little pond, the moss had floated to the top, and some trash had been swept into it. It hurt me to see the place, it had gone so downhill since the time we had stopped coming here.

I heard feet dragging against the dirt and the bench creak beneath more weight. I looked at Kennedy, dark circles around his eyes, his lids barely staying open.

"You know, I thought about you all the time, thought about how it would've been if I had married you," I looked at my feet.
"And..."
"Today John said something that really bothered me,"
"Macy, come on," He sighed lightly.
"Kenny,"
"Fine, what did he say?"
"He told me I'll never know how it would be to be your wife,"
"Macy, what is this about? Why am I here?"
"Because if I can't marry you, I at least want to be your friend,"
"Macy..."
"Kennedy, in all seriousness, I came back for you,"
"For my friendship?"
"Whatever it is, I know it was me missing you,"

He looked at me and hugged me tightly.
"Things will never be the same," He whispered.

I could feel a little pain in my chest, I tried to ignore the pain and focus on my body touching his. It felt so nostalgic for us to be hugging in "our place". He pulled away too soon and I resumed looking at my feet.

"What did you find in California?"
"Guilt,"
"Guilt..."
"Running away from you made me guilty,"
"Running away from me made you grow up."
"Yeah,"
"I have to go Mace, but you can call me, we can hang out later or something," He stood and gazed into my eyes once more.

I felt limp looking into his eyes. I could feel my hands shaking slightly, my brow wrinkled as I faced the sun. The heat beat down on us, but as his hands grazed my back, I felt the clammy feeling. He was just as nervous as me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short. To the point. I didn't have much time :( But I did what I could. Sorrry! Long update next chapter, PROMISE.

<33 COMMENT !