Fate of a Wolf Pack

Hige and Kiba Meet

One day, a brown, yellowish wolf came out of a den, and went to the nearest town, where he walked for a while.

"Where the hell are the other wolves? Don't tell me that I'm the only one that survived!" Hige, the brown-yellowish wolf says, looking around for any trace of another wolf.

"Well, it looks like I'm not the only one that came to this town." Someone says. Hige turns towards them, growling.

"Who's there?" He questions in a menicing voice.

"Calm down, squirt! I'm not going to hurt you." A voice says. Hige looks at him with skepticism.

"How do I know that?" Hige questions. The other wolf jumps down, and Hige curls up in a corner, crouching to the ground.

"Because I told you so." The other wolf says in a sure voice.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Hige questions, looking up at the other wolf.

"You're just going to have to trust me." The other wolf says with what looks like a shrug.

"What's your name?" Hige asks, standing up a little bit.

"My name's Kiba. What's yours?" The other wolf says, looking at Hige expectantly.

"M....my name's Hige." Hige says, bowing slightly.

"Hige, huh? So, where are you headed, Hige?" Kiba asks, turning to look at Hige better.

"I have nowhere to go...." Hige says simply.

"Then why don't you come with me, then we can find our way together?.." Kiba says, looking at Hige for a answer.

"You're lost too?" Hige questions, looking at Kiba with a skeptical look.

"Kinda....in a way, I suppose you could say I'm lost...but you're no better than me. So, what does it matter?" Kiba questions, looking at Hige.

"I don't know, but I am wondering...why are you doing this?" Hige asks.

"What do you mean?" Kiba asks, looking at Hige like he's lost it.

"Why are you helping me...wolves don't usually help other wolves that aren't part of their pack." Hige says.

"Well....about the pack...I don't have one anymore. So, I'm not really obliged to the theory." Kiba says, shrugging.

"Oh. What happened?" Hige asks, untensing a bit.

"They were killed." Kiba says in a dark voice.

"I'm sorry...." Hige says, sorry for asking.

"What are you sorry for?" Kiba asks, looking at Hige with confusion.

"Asking about it." Hige says.

"Don't worry about it. So, why are you here?" Kiba asks.

"I'm not really sure. I just felt like I was drawn to this town..." Hige says, looking up at the tall buildings.

"Me too, but I wonder why..." Kiba says, also looking up.

"Well...I used to be told that us wolves are drawn to something called the flower maiden." Hige says, remembering the tales he was told as a pup.

"So, you think she's here?" Kiba asks, looking at Hige with wide eyes.

"I don't know what I think anymore...my whole pack left me to die." Hige says, shaking his head.

"What about you're mother?" Kiba asks, turning to look at Hige with wide eyes.

"She died when I was very young." Hige says with a sigh.

"Oh......" Kiba says in a quiet voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first chapter of my fan fiction of Wolf's Rain.
Peace!
KcA