Fate of a Wolf Pack

Hige's Rapid Recovery

"The moon! It'll heal him!" Kiba says in a desperate voice.

Then lets get going again!" Tsume says as he picks Hige up again, and goes to the edge of the forest, where they see a field of flowers.

"They're beautiful!" Toboe says as he kneels down to smell the flowers. He stands back up, and runs into the field. He collapses in the field, laughing.

"How is he?" Kiba asks, walking up next to Tsume.

"He's starting to calm down." Tsume says, panting from the exertion he has put on his body. They look at Hige.

"Wow! He's getting better!" Toboe says as he runs back toward the others.

"Yeah. He's actually turning back into a human." Tsume says, looking at Hige as his body begins to shimmer. As soon as he's completely in his human shape, and he stops shining, his eyes slowly flutter open.

"Wh....what's going on?" Hige asks in a quiet voice.

"Why don't you tell us that?" Kiba says, looking down at Hige with stern eyes.

"The last thing I remember is us walking...." Hige says, getting a thoughtful look on his face.

"You passed out." Tsume says.

"How long have I been out for?" Hige asks as a grim expression crosses his face.

"I'd say at least a week." Tsume says, rolling his shoulders to untense them.

"Damn!" Hige shouts as he jumps to his feet, and runs away from them.

"Here we go again..." Tsume says, shaking his head.

"Are you going to go get him?" Kiba asks, looking at Tsume

"Doesn't look like I've got much of a choice, now does there?" Tsume says as he rolls his shoulders one last time before running after Hige, who is now almost to the other side of the field. "Oh, come on, Hige!" Tsume shouts.

"Stay away from me!" Hige pleads. He suddenly stops, and starts biting at his collar.

"What are you doing?" Tsume demands, also coming to a stop.

"I have to get this thing off me before they take control!" Hige says, biting at his collar with even more vigor.

"Is that why you passed out?" Tsume questions.

"I think so...." Hige says with a hint of uncertainty.

"Then what was up with all the blood?" Tsume demands.

"Blood?" Hige questions, forgetting his collar for a moment to look at Tsume.

"Yeah. When you passed out, you suddenly started bleeding really bad." Tsume says, shrugging.

"I.....I'm not sure...that honestly doesn't make any sense!" Hige says, shaking his head.

"Kiba said something about you getting shot, and maybe the wound reopening..." Tsume says, looking into Hige's eyes.

"No!! It's not possible! The moon healed that wound." Hige says with wild eyes.

"Well....you never know....you seemed to get better as soon as we got here..so...." Tsume says, shrugging.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace!!
KcA