Fate of a Wolf Pack

Get the Damned Collar Off

"That's because these are lunar flowers." Hige says, looking down at the flowers.

"LUNAR FLOWERS!!" Tsume shouts, looking around him at the white flowers.

"Lunar flowers have the power to sooth and heal us." Hige says with a relieved sigh.

"That's weird..." Tsume says, not sure of what to think.

"How so?" Hige asks, looking directly at Tsume.

"Why would flowers have that much power? I mean, it doesn't matter what is wrong with you...and they can heal you? So why should flowers have that much strength!?" Tsume demands, now glaring at the flowers with hatred.

"I can't explain it. They just do." Hige says, shutting his eyes.

"Oh..." Tsume mutters.

"Hey, Tsume..." Hige mutters in a quiet voice.

"What?" Tsume asks.

"Can you help me get my collar off?" Hige asks, looking at Tsume straight in the eyes.

"Sure...." Tsume says, looking at Hige with confusion as he walks over to him. He grabs onto Hige's collar with his teeth, and pulls with all his might. "Wow...it's really on there!" Tsume says a bit muffled.

"It's so I can't take it off." Hige says, pushing himself away from Tsume.

"That so." Tsume asks as he keeps pulling until suddenly it busts. "Finally!" Tsume shouts, flexing his jaw. Hige takes a big breath of air, and looks down at the collar.

"You're finally off! Which means I'm no longer known as number 23!" Hige says, stretching.

"You're number 23!?" Tsume demands.

"Yeah..." Hige says, looking at Tsume in confusion.

"So it was you." Tsume says in a low voice.

"What was me?" Hige asks, looking at Tsume like he's lost it.

"When I was little, I remember hearing about a wolf pup that was found by the nobles and brought to their palace. I guess they named him number 23." Tsume says, scratching his ear.

"Yeah...that's me." Hige says, sighing.

"So, have you ever actually met your pack?" Tsume asks, looking at Hige with serious eyes.

"Not that I can remember....no..." Hige says while watching Tsume's reaction.

"Wow...." Tsume whispers, looking at Hige with sympathy.

"....the nobles are terrible people." Hige says, shaking his body like he's shaking them out of his life.

"I still don't get how they controlled 26 wolves at a time..." Tsume says, his eyes showing confusion.

"Brute force." Hige says with a shiver.

"Huh?" Tsume asks, looking at Hige in surprise.

"That's how they controlled us, by brute force." Hige says, looking at Tsume with confusion.

"Oh..." Tsume says.

"But I suppose we should go find Kiba and Toboe..." Hige says, looking up at the sky. Suddenly, the two of them hear gun shots. "Oh no!!" Hige shouts as he runs off.

"What's wrong with you?" Tsume demands as he runs after Hige.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace!!
KcA