Fate of a Wolf Pack

Killing the Human

"I hope I'm not right...but if I am, we have to hurry!" Hige says, looking at Tsume with close to hysterical eyes.

"Okay, I officially think you've gone nuts." Tsume says, shaking his head.

"Think what you want!" Hige shouts, getting kind of snappy before he suddenly stops, and looks down at where the others had been. The color red suddenly catches his eye. "Oh no!" Hige mutters with horror filled eyes as he jumps down the cliff, and runs over. "Great!! I was right!" Hige says with loathing in his voice as Tsume finally catches up with him, only to see Kiba on the ground and...bleeding!

"What the hell happened to him?!" Tsume demands, looking down at Kiba with sorrowful eyes.

"The nobles found out where I was going and ambushed them...which means..." Hige mutters, looking down at Kiba before pushing Tsume onto the ground just as gun fire begins to sound. Hige growls. A human suddenly rushes out of the bushes in an attempt to capture Kiba. Hige jumps at him, and pins him to the ground.

"You!! I thought you were supposed to be hunting more wolves!" The human says, looking at Hige with confused eyes.

"What is he talking about, Hige?" Tsume questions, walking toward Hige and the human with his teeth bared.

"I don't know! I've never seen him before!" Hige shouts, looking at Tsume with eyes that plead for understanding.

"Yeah right!" The human says, shaking his head on the ground.

"You need to shut the hell up!" Hige says, baring his fangs at the unfortunate human under him.

"What in the world did you do, Hige!!" Tsume shouts, glaring at Hige with something close to scrutiny.

"Like I said! I don't know this guy! I've never seen him before!" Hige says, glaring down at the human before looking up at Tsume and glancing toward Kiba.

"Then how does he know you so well?" Tsume asks, walking closer to Hige

"I don't know already!" Hige says, shaking his head. He turns to the human, glaring daggers at him. "How do you know me!" Hige demands.

"I'm under the instruction of the same noble as you are." The human says, looking at Hige with a cocky note to his voice.

"I broke away from the noble's grasping hand." Hige says in a sure voice as he watches the human underneath him with deep hate at the mention of the noble.

"HA!! That's a good one!" The human says chucking at some unknown joke. Hige bares his fangs at the human's face again, causing said human to gulp.

"What are you talking about?" Hige demands in a voice that promises to death if not answered.

"It's vertually impossible to break away from a noble. It's also no different for a human as it is for a wolf." The human says, sighing at the last part as a sad note runs through his voice. Hige looks at him with pity filled eyes before his eyes become irritated.

"Well, I did." Hige says, standing up proudly.

"Think what you want. It honestly doesn't change anything. You're still a pawn in the noble's eyes." The human says, looking at Hige with something close to pity, but not quite. Hige's eyes flatten in anger as he lunges at the human.

"Hige! No! Don't kill him!" Tsume commands as he grabs ahold of the scruff of Hige's neck to stop him from lunging forward anymore. Surprisingly though, Hige manages to wrip his neck free before killing the human. He gets off the human, and walks a short ways away. When he turns to look at Tsume, he sees him stalking toward him, anger clear in his eyes. "HIGE!!" Tsume shouts, glaring down at Hige as he towers over him.

"Don't talk to me!" Hige shouts as he walks away from Tsume, tail low.

"Why did you kill him!" Tsume demands, following Hige with his eyes as he walks around the clearing, smelling the ground for something.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa.... 0.o sorry it took me so long to update! I just realy needed a break from writing .... err ... typing that is.
Peace Out!!
KcA