Fate of a Wolf Pack

Rumors of the Forest

"It was you!" Toboe shouts.

"Yes." Hige says, sighing.

"But that still doesn't explain why you did it in the first place." Toboe says, sounding deep in thought.

"You want to know? Fine, I'll tell you....it was this blasted collar. Whenever I'm around certain places, it activates, and I become one of the nobles pawns." Hige says, gnawing on the collar.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Toboe questions, looking at Hige in confusion.

"I am sorry." Hige says, turning around. He runs off, and Kiba walks up to Tsume and Toboe.

"Should we go after him?" Toboe asks, sounding worried.

"No.....forget him. Maybe he'll run back to his noble buddies." Tsume says, shaking his fur out.

"That's what I'm worried about." Toboe says, looking at Tsume.

"What if he's telling the truth?" Kiba questions.

"I don't think he is." Tsume says, glaring in the direction Hige had run off in.

"Yeah....but what if the nobles do have control of him?" Kiba questions. Tsume looks at him with narrowed eyes.

"We have to catch up to him!" Toboe shouts, running as fast as he can in the direction Hige had gone. Tsume turns to glare at Kiba.

"Nice going, smart one!" Tsume growls before turning, and running after Toboe.

"Well....here we go again." Kiba says as he laughs, and runs after them. When he catches up to them, he notices that Hige's on the ground, in his wolf form, twitching. "What happened?" Kiba demands as he runs up.

"I'm not sure. He just all of the sudden collapsed." Tsume says, looking at Kiba with serious eyes.

"I think some thing's hurting him!" Toboe says, looking at Hige with worried eyes. Kiba bends down, but when he reaches for Hige's collar, Hige jumps up, and bites him.

"What the hell! What's wrong with you!" Kiba demands, flinching back. Hige gets up. When Kiba looks in his eyes, he sees that instead of Hige's normal blue, they're a pitch black. "What's wrong with you?" Kiba questions. Hige runs off into the forest, leaving Kiba looking off into space. Toboe walks up to him.

"Are you all right?" Toboe asks, sounding worried.

"I'm fine." Kiba says, looking down at Toboe. Kiba gets up, and walks to the edge of the forest. *Stay safe, Hige.* Kiba mentally whispers.

"Do you think he'll survive in the forest? I've heard nasty rumors about it." Toboe says, looking toward the forest with worried eyes.

"Who really cares? He killed innocent people and wolves! He deserves to die!" Tsume says, baring his teeth toward the woods.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace!!
KcA