Fate of a Wolf Pack

Tsume and Hige's Promises to Each Other

"Who are you to say who should be able to live and who should die?" Kiba demands, baring his teeth. Tsume steps back, and looks down at the ground.

"Why the hell is this my fault? I didn't make his leave!" Tsume demands.

"No, but the way you sounded....you sure wanted him to leave." Kiba says.

"Well....what would you say! Look at how many he killed. I mean, he killed a man just this morning." Tsume says, trying to defend himself.

"No, he didn't. That man attacked us, pus, he shot Hige! Hige was just defending himself.

"......."

I never thought it could have been self defense!" Toboe says, suddenly sounding worried.

"Well, that's what is was, and you had to go and says that he killed that man just for the taste of blood!" Kiba yells.

"Well, that's what I thought. You can't kill me for expressing my thoughts." Tsume says, standing up proudly.

"That may be, but I wish I could." Kiba says, glaring at Tsume with hatred filled eyes. He turns away, and jumps on top of the boulder, where he curls up. Toboe walks up to him.

"Do you think Hige will come back?" Toboe asks in a sad voice.

"I don't know." Kiba says, shaking his head. Toboe crawls up next to the boulder, and falls asleep.

"Well..." Kiba asks, looking at Tsume expectantly.

"Well what?" Tsume demands, glaring at Kiba.

"Are you going to join us?" Kiba asks, lifting his head to look at Tsume better.

"Why on earth would I do that?" Tsume demands.

"Because your as much a part of this pack as the rest of us. So, it only makes sens-" Kiba begins.

"I run alone! I don't need you guys! In fact, I bet you need me more than I need you." Tsume says in an insulted voice.

"Is that so?" Kiba demands.

"Yes." Tsume says shortly.

"Well....in that case, why are you here? Why don't you go back?" Kiba demands, standing up.

"I'm here because I promised I would watch over the kid." Tsume says, looking at Toboe.

"What are you talking about?" Kiba demands.

"Hige did bring Toboe here....in fact, he brought him to me, but I wasn't meant to watch a puppy. So, I brought him to an old lady who raised him." Tsume says, looking at the ground.

"What happened?" Kiba demands.

"About three or four months ago....the old woman died." Tsume says.

"Oh....." Kiba says, looking taken aback.

"And I fulfilled my promise to Hige." Tsume says.

"And what was that?" Kiba asks, looking straight at Tsume.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace!!
KcA