Status: Working on editing chapters

You Can't Break a Broken Heart

Kamakazi's Sear The Pun Inside You

Bree's pov

I took a deep breath trying to hold back the tears. I quickly turned on my heel and ran out of the room and on to the bus. I sat on my bunk and took a deep breath trying to hold myself together, I knew this would be a bad tour but I still went on it.

"I'm sorry about what happened back there, Brian didn't mean to offend you," Zacky's voice suddenly called out.

"I don't take people doubting my tech nicely, I'm their boss I feel the need as any to defend them. And anyone would be lucky to have Mikey tuning their guitar."

"I'm sure they would be but you can't expect Brian to know that, neither of you have ever worked for us before for all we knew you were going to let that tech who broke all the strings continue tuning everyday."

I scoffed, it was meant to come out as a chuckle but didn't, "I guess I can see your point of view but you should have trusted me."

"You could have offered to tune our guitars for us."

"I don't tune guitars, I haven't since I met Mike."

I felt Zacky sit on my bunk as well and I prayed he would move, it felt like every time he got closer my world collapsed a bit more. But what could one expect he was my world and now he was gone. I didn't know what I would do without him, how could he leave me.

"A sound engineer doesn't tune guitars? That sounds a bit pretentious don't you think?"

"No," I replied harshly. I knew he meant it as a joke but you don't joke about my job, "It sounds like I've moved up and no longer have to do it."

Zacky put his hands up and moved backwards, "It was a joke I swear."

"Whatever, now why are you here?"

"I came to see if you were alright, it didn't look like it was a good phone call."

I took a deep breath, and there it was the random act of kindness that put me over the edge. I blinked feeling a tear fall, "He's gone."

"Who's gone?"

"My brother," I stuttered out feeling the tears start flowing freely. "How could he leave me? I still need him, I don't think I can do this without him."

Zacky surprised me by pulling me into his arms and letting me cry into his shoulder. I slowly wrapped my arms around his middle and pulled my legs under me. He moved my legs so I was basically sitting in his lap, I hugged him tighter and cried harder knowing I couldn't cry in front of Chase.

"Oh god I forgot about Chase." I mumbled into his shoulder hoping he could hear me and I wouldn't have to repeat. "How the fuck do I explain death to him."

Zacky pulled me closer and didn't even try to shush or calm me down which was exactly what I needed at that point. I didn't need to calm down I needed to just let it all out, I had only cried in front of my brother before but for some reason I felt safe around Zacky.

I heard the door open and foots come rushing in and I knew Jacoby had gotten the phone call as well but I didn't let go of Zacky, if anything I held on to him tighter. I felt one of Zacky's hands start rubbing my back and I felt like he was telling me that everything would be alright. And for some reason I believed him.

I didn't feel like Zacky was feeding me false promises of hope but that rather he truly believed it and would do anything to make it possible. I liked the feeling, I had only gotten it with Derek before, but Zacky gave me that feeling of comfort that I could only thank him for providing.

"I just got the call," Jacoby started and I knew he was holding back tears as well. Jacoby had always treated me like his sister and in turn, they treated each other like brothers. Jacoby was hurting just as much as I was.

I felt Zacky pull back in case I turned to Jacoby but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to part ways from him. I pulled him back and felt the waterworks start up again. I sighed before I turned so my head was on Zacky's left shoulder but I was facing the right where Jacoby was sitting.

"Don't you dare cry Jacoby, you know Derek will laugh at you no matter where he is if you did," I told him hearing my voice crack a few times.

Jacoby chuckled but I heard the sniffle and saw the few tears slip, "He's probably laughing at me saying I'm just as bad as his sister."

I nodded before snuggling into Zacky some more revealing in the comfort he gave me knowing it would be gone soon. After this there was no way Zacky was going to hanging with me again, I mean who wants to deal with the emotional chick who just lost her brother?

I felt Zacky chuckled and pull me closer before rubbing my back. I bit my lip trying in vain to hold back my tears. A few more slipped but I held them back knowing that if I cried again Jacoby would cry and Zacky would have to deal with two crying people not just one.

Jacoby sighed, "So what tattoo did you get this year? And don't think I didn't notice the lip ring missy!"

I laughed before unwinding my arm so I could lift my shirt. I felt Zacky gasp probably not expecting for me to have that many tattoos, since most people didn't. On both sides my bother had drawn lines the top had a music clef while the last one ended with a music note and every year we had a set of lyrics to a side.

"I'm invincible tonight. I'm feeling invincible tonight. I'm alive. Take a look into my eyes" Jacoby sang out loud knowing what I was referring.

"I don't feel so invincible," I whispered before breaking down into tears again. This time Zacky moved it so I was crying into the spot where his neck met his shoulder. I felt the burning tears run down my cheek and met his skin.

I felt Jacoby kiss the back of my head before walking off the bus leaving Zacky and I alone. I knew I should have felt uncomfortable but I didn't, if anything I didn't want Zacky to leave. I hadn't known Zacky very long but I don't think I could have handle it with out him. I knew that if he hadn't been there I would have been a mess. I would have been a puddle on the floor crying my eyes out.

"You should leave," I choked out finally.

"What? You don't want me here?" Zacky asked worried.

"It's not that, I do want you here but if you don't leave I don't think I'll ever let you leave," I stuttered while pulling myself out of this arms.

Zacky shook his head and wrapped his arms around me tighter, "I promise I won't ever leave you Bree, not until you're ready."

"What if I'm not ready for a few years?"

"Then I'll buy a bigger house, and give you and Chase your own rooms."

I chuckled and buried my head into his chest, "I think my six bedroom house could fit us all. But won't your girlfriend be jealous?"

"What girlfriend?"

"I don't know, aren't hot shot rock stars supposed to be whores or taken?"

"I don't know are you a whore or taken Ms. Bree Parker?"

"I'm not in a band Mr. Vengeance!"

Zacky looked at me before shaking his head, "I remember going to this concert when I first got out of high school, it was a Papa Roach concert. And about half way through it Jacoby Shaddix came out and introduced his best friend and the 'un-official' member of Papa Roach.

"If I'm not mistaken, which I don't think I am his best friends name is Bree Parker. Wikipedia also seems to agree you are an un-official hot shot rockstar. So again I pose the question are your a wore or in a committed relationship Ms. Parker? Hmm?"

I gasped and put a hand over my heart, "You wikipedia-ed me? Before the first date? I feel so used, I thought you didn't know my rockstar status but turns out you just wanna be a groupie."

Zacky laughed before snuggling his head into my neck, I smiled before pushing him lightly so we both fell over.

"Oh? I'm the groupie? I think it is you Ms. Parker who wants to get into my pants."

I shrugged, "Guess you'll never know Mr. Vengeance but if you don't mind I'm tired and a certain rockstar promised to stay with me."

Zacky laughed before pulling a blanket over the both of us, "I'll stay but won't Mr. Unofficial rock star be jealous?"

"I'll tell you when I meet him. What about Mrs. Vengeance will she have a problem moving in with me?"

"I'll tell you when I get a ring on her finger," Zacky replied with a weird tone in his voice.

I nodded and snuggled closer to Zacky completely unaware of him staring at me with a weird look on his face.

"Will you be here when you get up?" I asked groggily.

I felt him kiss my forehead before I was out for the time being, not knowing the answer I could only hope he was there when I woke up. I feel asleep for the first time in a while feeling at peace.