Status: Working on editing chapters

You Can't Break a Broken Heart

Do You Think About Everything You've Been Through

Amara’s P.O.V
Bree had returned from her funeral and although she still seemed upset, she also seemed to be taking a step forward, to move on with her life. I sighed, I wouldn’t admit it out loud because it would be mean but hanging out with Adam for the past two weeks was amazing and I’m sad to be giving it up. I was currently sitting on a box with Brian’s guitar in hand, tuning it to his likings, I had been bored, his show wasn’t even til tomorrow. I looked up as I heard Bree groan. Mary was walking up to her. I heard Mary apologize for Bree’s loss. Bree just looked more frustrated and when Mary left, it was just the two of us in the room.

“Sucks, doesn’t it,” I ended up getting her attention. “They apologize, but they probably don’t understand the kind of pain you’re in… I mean they’ve probably had grandparents die… At an age that’s appropriate. They don’t know the feeling of losing someone who wasn’t ready to go,” I stated. Her eyes widened as I hit the nail on the head.

“How do… You’ve lost someone?” She asked nervously. I decided to lie right then and there. Thank god for those acting classes.

“Yeah, my cousin,” I stated quietly. The emotion was real enough, thinking back to the person I had actually lost. “It doesn’t matter how many times you hear ‘I’m sorry,’ it doesn’t fix anything. And a majority of the time they don’t know what you’re going through,” Bree just looked at me as if she were in a daze. “And then after you hear it so many times… You just wish they would stop,” I admitted quietly, although after her groan, I imagine she was already at that stage. I plugged Brian’s guitar into an amp to test it out lightly. I smiled when I realized I was done and then turned to Bree and spoke softly. “Take it from someone who has been there… Don’t close people out,” I slid off the box and walked past her to the doorway. I paused deciding on whether this was enough to decide to try and be friends with her or if I was still pissed with what happened on the first day.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t usually hold grudges but what she did really pissed me off. And it’s not like it was just one thing, it was a bunch of things all mixed together. Such as the interview, the way she spoke to me, and the way she talked to Brian. I decided that if and when she apologized, I would apologize for over reacting. Until then, I wasn’t gonna say a word. The only reason I was being nice now was because I knew the feeling, I knew what it was like to have people who don’t understand your pain try and apologize. I got to the bus and wasn’t shocked to find Zacky playing with Chase. I walked past the people in the living area to the bunk room. I grabbed my iPod, sunglasses and abandoned headphones. I turned on some Three Days Grace and walked off the bus heading for the Three Days Grace bus. I sighed as I realized that Bree had just walked onto that bus, probably to get something. Surprisingly, that didn’t stop me from knocking on the door. I smiled as Adam opened the door, he leaned down and kissed me lightly on the lips.

“Let’s go,” He told me with a smile before walking down the stairs and linking arms with me. He lead me to a nearby restaurant. We were seated pretty quickly and she took my hand in his. “So I have something important to ask you,” I nodded and looked into his eyes curiously. “I know we’ve only gone out a few times, but I really like you and I’d like to ask you this before people start printing rumors. Will you be my girlfriend?” I kept my face emotionless as he looked up. I giggled after a few seconds unable to keep up the façade.

“I’d really like that,” I said as the corners of my mouth twitched upwards. He grinned and let out a sigh of relief.

“You had me worried there for a moment,” I laughed softly and rubbed the back of his hand with my thumb lightly. “I’m not getting punk’d or anything right?” I nodded with a laugh.

“Psh, as if Ashton could pay me enough to joke about that,” I told him honestly. We ended up seeing a movie after dinner and walked back towards the buses slowly. Adam paused at the Avenged bus and leaned down kissing me softly on the lips.

“See you tomorrow, Mara,” He stated warmly. I felt my cheeks heat up.

“See you tomorrow, boyfriend,” It felt good to say that. I waved and walked onto the bus and past Bree, Zacky and Chase to my bunk with a smile on my face. No one could take this rush from me, I was truly happy for the first time in a really long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy