Status: Working on editing chapters

You Can't Break a Broken Heart

I Hope You'll Find Your Way

Bree's pov

I could feel Max's eyes following my every step as I walked around the bus that first morning. I knew he wanted to ask me about the past year but neither of us were talking to each other. Actually I refused to talk to anyone in Escape the Fate minus Craig, and Max wouldn't talk to me.

As far as I was concerned Max forced me on this tour and was now holding me hostage. After my break-up with Zacky and losing Chase I went to Finland to have some time to myself and that's where I meet this Australian band, and I fell in love with their music. I was on tour with them when Max found me and literally took me home and demanded that I play "band manager" for Taste of Chaos.

Craig was the last one up and the first one to acknowledge me, I smiled in return and offered him so of the coffee I made. Robert glared at me, I smirked knowing he couldn't operate functionally till he had coffee but couldn't make coffee for his life.

Glancing out the window, I remembered how I didn't know who any of the bands on the tour was other than Escape The Fate. I pulled out my phone quickly checking the line-up before snarling at Max. All the bands had people I'd rather not see in them.

I glared at Max knowing he hadn't dragged me out on tour to get me out of my depression but rather to get me to make up with Jacoby, Adam, and most of all Zacky. After the trial with Chase, I ran straight to Finland but left my phone at home wanting to be alone. I hadn't talked to any of them for almost a year.

I bit my lip thinking about how mad Jacoby was going to be. He probably thought I was dead or worst but seeing me with Escape the Fate instead of another band is going to kill him. He'd think I ran to them instead of him and well he won't take it well. I rolled my eyes realizing Craig will probably be the only one to talk to me, while the others will watch me carefully but never uttering a syllable to me.

This was not going to be a fun tour.

- - -

I couldn't even tell you why but later that day the whole tour was laying on the beach. I was stuck between Max and Jacoby, it was the most awkward time I've ever had at the beach. I was right after squeezing me tight and yelling at me for running off Jacoby hadn't spoken again to me but he never let me out of his sights.

I saw someone run in front of us but I didn't glance over instead I thought about how my life had changed since the last time I had been at the beach. Last time I had met Alex to tell him about the thing with Chase and he had me reconsidering the best relationship I've probably ever had. And now I was between two of my friends that wouldn't talk to me and because of Alex I had lost Zacky.

In the background I heard Frank scream something but I never turned my attention away from the ocean. It wasn't that I didn't like Frank or anything it was just he was too hyper and well I was too depressed to even pretend that it didn't bother me.

Finally I glanced over to see Amara hugging Brian, I looked away thinking about how that I didn't have that. I didn't have a friend who would always be there for me, no matter what. Jacoby may always be there but I didn't think of him as a friend, he was more of a brother to me. Max was never there for me, and even then he didn't know me that well.

Max thought of me as this broken child he could fix by forcing me to be with "my friends" on this tour. He thought I needed someone to help me pick up the pieces of my life but the truth was I didn't. I didn't need anyone to help me, I didn't need him to force me to be with these people who clearly didn't like me. I needed to fix myself before I could fix any friendships.

And the only way I knew how to fix myself was by slowly mending my heart in my own time. In the past traveling the world had helped and I tried to do that before Max stole me away, but this time it wasn't helping me. A part of me was glad Max did take me away but the other part was mad because I didn't know how to fix myself otherwise.

And then a small part of me knew I couldn't mend myself and I needed someone else to do it but I doubt I could find that person.

A little part of me wished Zacky was that person, the rest knew it was him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its so short but I'm not too good with only writing emotion no dialogue so was it good? Bad?

Comment please and thank you