Status: Working on editing chapters

You Can't Break a Broken Heart

I've Found What I've Been Missin' Lately

Bree's pov

I groaned searching through my luggage, looking for the shirt I wanted to wear. I couldn't find it anywhere on the bus and I knew I packed it. I made a face at my clothes piles before grabbing a clean shirt and pulling it on. I ran a brush through my hair before tracing my eyes with eyeliner and running out of the bunk room to meet Craig in the front of the bus only to find him with Zacky.

I paused not wanting to interrupt their conversation before remembering that I forgot to put on my belt. I groaned again before running back and putting on the first belt I found. I adjusted it while I walked out back to front hoping they were ready to go.

"Nice belt," Craig told me smirking while he pulled me off the bus.

I glanced down before muttering, "Fuck let me go get a new belt."

"No time," Craig told me pulling me to a car. "Guess you'll have to deal wearing Max's favorite pair of jeans and belt."

"What?" I gasped before glancing down to see that I was wearing Max's pants."I look like a slut."

"You do but Zacky will probably be the only one who cares."

"I hate you."

Craig pulled open the passenger door for me before hopping into the backseat. I bit my lip and slide into the seat next to Zacky's hoping he wouldn't notice my pants or my belt. I bent down to tie my shoe and groaned, fuck I smell like him too.

"Nice outfit," Zacky commented.

"It's Craig's fault really, had he given me more than twenty minutes to get ready I might have grabbed the right jeans and belt."

"I got ready in twenty minutes," Craig added from the back.

"You just threw on the cleanest pair of pants you owned."

"So?"

"Never mind."

"You know Max is gonna kill you once he finds out," Craig broke the silence consuming the car a few minutes later.

"Shut up,no he won't or else he'd kill you for having worn his favorite shirt on stage last night."

"He loves me, he doesn't love you."

"Shut up Craig, he loves me more since he has known me longer."

"Says the girl who is no longer speaking to him."

"I swear to god Craig if you do-"

"Stop it! Both of you! God you're acting like a pair of children," Zacky suddenly spoke.

"Sorry," I told him before plugging my iPod in and letting Rise Against fill the silence.

- - -

"I didn't know you liked Rise Against," Zacky commented as we walked up to the door.

"I love Rise Against, I might even venture to say they're my favorite band."

"I thought Papa Roach was your favorite band."

I shook my head, "I love Papa Roach don't get me wrong. I love them, but I'm a bit too close to the music to really appreciate them but I've never worked with Rise Against so I can appreciate them for the music and nothing else."

Zacky nodded, "That makes sense. Do you love them live as much as you love them on CD?"

"I haven't seen them live."

"You haven't?" Zacky asked shocked.

"Never in the same town as them," I replied as Zacky rang the doorbell.

I bit my lip and kicked Craig in the leg as Mandy opened the door and let us in. I mumbled a thanks before sitting on the couch between Craig and Zacky. Mandy lead us to the table as Amara brought out the food. I grinned since I loved pasta and garlic bread; good Italian was hard to find in California, now good Mexican was everywhere.

I went to take one of the last seats at the table only to run into Zacky who was also grabbing the seats.

"Ouch," I said quietly sitting in the seat next to Zacky and Craig.

Zacky looked over at me while I grabbed my head, "Are you okay?"

I nodded before squeezing my eyes shut, "I'm fine."

Zacky moved my head looking at the pink bump on my head, "You don't look okay."

"It's a little bump, I'll be fine."

Zacky kissed the bump before sitting back in his seat, "All better?"

I nodded, "Thanks."

I looked up to meet Zacky's smiling face and I couldn't help but smile back.