Status: Working on editing chapters

You Can't Break a Broken Heart

I Am Not Afraid to Walk This World Alone

Amara’s P.O.V
I woke up from my nap a few hours later, my migraine was gone, and I looked over and was happy to see Brian had put Aiden in his crib. I rubbed the sleep away from my eyes and looked around my room with a sigh. My eyes landing on a picture of my friends and I. I glared harshly at it and was glad I couldn’t reach it from where I sat. I put my iPod onto the iHome and hit play. Aiden was awake and moving around in his crib, I smiled at him and pulled out boxes to pack things in. I started putting little things, such as my alarm clock, books, and other things I had on top of the dresser in my room. I smiled as ‘Hotel California’ by the Eagles came on. This song has always been a favorite of mine. I was always able to relate to the line about never being able to leave.

I sipped some of the water left in the bottle from earlier and let out a deep sigh. I thought they were friends… Well, I thought Mandy was a friend. I went on to my shelves and started putting my books, CDs and DVDs in another box. This was going to be a long process unfortunately, but it needed to be done. I was done living with others, and ‘mooching’ off of others. After I had cleared my shelves I went on to my actual dressers and took note of the new song that was on, ‘Don’t Stop Believin’ ‘ I couldn’t help but smile. This song always came on when I really needed some faith in myself.

I hummed along with it as I continued to work on the stupid boxes. I began to open drawers and pull things from hangers. I threw them in the boxes and stuffed clothes in my backpack and anyother bag I had near me. I took a break with Aiden and turned on the TV to Nickelodeon my new guilty pleasure. I sung along with the words of the song on ‘Victorious’ softly, “I don’t want to make a scene. I don’t want to let you down. Try to do my own thing. And I’m starting to figure it out. That it’s alright, keep it together. Whereever we go. And it’s alright, oh well whatever. Everyone needs to know. You might be crazy, have I told you lately that I love you. You’re the only reason that I’m not afraid to fly. And it’s crazy that someone could change me. Now no matter what it is I have to do, you need to know that you’re the reason why.”

I laughed when Aiden looked up at me with an ‘Are you serious?’ kind of face. “Sorry, I’ll be quiet now,” I told him before leaning down and kissing his forhead. After my halfhour break, I went back to packing. I figured I would spend tomorrow searching for apartments with Aiden, and if all went well, we’d be living in a new home come the day after tomorrow.

After a few hours of packing, the only things that weren’t in boxes were things I couldn’t pack in boxes. I was relaxing on the bed, and closed my eyes. Next on the list, look at apartments. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I heard was a door slamming downstairs. I groaned as Aiden began to cry. I rolled off the bed and winced as the floor met my face. Aiden looked over at me as I sat up and managed to get him from his crib.

“Screw it,” I mumbled. I’d go look for an apartment now. I grabbed Aiden’s bag, my phone, iPod and wallet. I walked downstairs and past the people who were still in the house. I knew I looked like shit, but I could really care less. I hummed to ‘Situations’ by Escape the Fate as I walked out the door. I ended up walking toward the apartment complex I had in mind, because I had yet to get my car from the venue. I talked with the man behind the desk and grinned as he handed me my new keys. I thanked him profusely and walked back to the house. “Brian, will you give me a ride to the venue so I can pick up my Jeep?” I asked him as I looked in his eyes. I refused to look at anyone else in the room. “And Mandy, you can find yourself a new maid of honor,” I stated as Brian nodded.

It was a silent drive to the venue and I put Aiden in the back of the Jeep when we got there. “Thanks Brian,” I waved and got in before driving back to Mandy’s house. The place I used to be able to call home. The place that used to be my safe place. I walked in carrying Aiden, and placed him in the playpen that was in the living room. I glanced around the room and rolled my eyes. Zacky, Ellie, Adam, Mandy and Neil were still here. “Don’t you fuckheads have anything better to do with your time then stare at people. It’s rude,” I growled out as I walked upstairs to start bringing boxes to my car. After about an hour I was loading my last box which contained all of Aiden’s little baby things. I walked back upstairs to take apart the crib, and then all I would need to do was collapse the playpen.

I brought the crib down in pieces and then looked at Aiden. “Ready to go, handsome?” Aiden looked up at me in wonder as everyone else looked shocked. I held up Mandy’s house key that I had, and placed it on the nearby table. “I already paid rent for this month, and I’ll have all my mail and shit changed within the next day or so. See ya around, maybe.”

I slammed the door shut behind me and placed Aiden in the car after putting the crib and playpen in back with boxes. I got to the apartment and with the help of my new landlord, I got all my boxes and the important baby furniture put together and up. Sleeping on the floor for a few days wouldn’t hurt me. I plugged my cell in to charge and sat on the floor with Aiden. “Well here goes nothing. I’m going to prove them all wrong.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I know it's filler-ish. Please leave comments and thanks for reading!