Status: Working on editing chapters

You Can't Break a Broken Heart

It's No Surprise I Won't Be Here Tomorrow

Amara’s P.O.V
I let out a soft sigh as I looked at the airline prices for tickets. I looked up where I’d have to go to take the bar exams in that state as well. I was nervous about getting the results back. What if all my hard work at Law school didn’t pay off? I shook my head to clear it and booked the tickets. I had already spoken to my landlord and packed up my things. I had Aiden’s things in the carry-on with my iPod, laptop, camera, phone and keys. I had sold anything I didn’t need to make some extra cash and got Tyler to agree to ship the rest of my things out to me. I sold my Jeep with a plan to buy a new car after I moved.

I walked over to Aiden’s crib to pick him up as he began crying and groaned as my cell phone started ringing. “Shhhh, don’t cry Aiden. Soon we won’t have to worry about money problems and stupid backstabbing friends,” I tried soothing him as I finally got to my cell phone. “Hello?” I asked not bothering to check caller ID.

“Hey, Mara… We gotta talk, can I come by your place?” I let out a soft sigh at the tone of voice he was using.

“Yeah sure, see you in a few,” I hung up without another word and glanced down at the fussy child in my arms. “I think you can sense the future or something,” I mumbled to him softly. I placed a small kiss on his forehead and sat on the couch. I stood when I heard the knocking a few minutes later. I walked to the door and let Brian in and closed it. He turned to face me and gave me a dead serious look.

“Mandy’s been making some pretty bad accusations. They aren’t true are they?” I looked into his eyes and wiped at my own. He wasn’t being serious was he? “One of which said something about you wanting Max to play daddy to Aiden?” I shook my head frustrated.

“And she’s been implying to my face that she thinks I’m acting slutty. She was a bitch to me and nothing she said was true. I’m not trying to find anyone to play daddy to Aiden. And,” I took a deep breath and looked straight into his eyes so he knew I was being serious. I felt Aiden tugging on my hair and spoke firmly. “I’m moving. I have tickets for tomorrow and nothing you can do or say will change my mind,” I explained quietly.

“Wait what? Why?” I shook my head. It wouldn’t make sense to him but it made perfect sense to me.

“This just isn’t my place. Nothing good ever happens for me here, and I’m going to change that by moving. I’m going to change my number and make sure that there is no way for people to contact me unless I want them to,” I explained, knowing already that he was probably the only one I was going to give my new number to. “Please don’t let people have my new number… I will stay in touch with some other people, but in a more one-way contact kind of way,” I admitted with a shrug. “I like Bree but Zacky can be nosy so I’m just going to send her letters in the mail. I’ll text you when I get my new number and I think you should go so I can finish getting ready for tomorrow. I’m leaving early.”

Brian shook his head. “I’ll drive you to the airport. When do you want to leave the apartment,” He asked, careful not to say ‘your.’ I smiled softly and hugged him. “And don’t even think about saying no. You’re my best friend and if you don’t let me do this for you I will never forgive you.”

I nodded and smiled as he said his last goodbye for today and went on to finish getting things done. Bree called shortly after freaking out about what she should wear on a date with Zacky. I smiled and laughed as we talked for about an hour. And then I broke the happiness. “I’m moving tomorrow. I’m not going to tell you where just yet, but I am moving out of state. I’m also changing my number and won’t be giving it out. Sorry,” I let her think about it. She spoke softly asking me if she would be getting it eventually. “Possibly but I’m not sure just yet. All depends on how it all plays out. Anyways I have to finish getting ready, talk to you later.”

I finished up and went to bed for the night after putting Aiden to bed. The next morning I woke up early and met Brian. He drove me to the airport and helped me get my luggage checked in and then we stood there staring at one another. He held Aiden and we stood in silence for a few minutes. I took Aiden from him, leaned up and kissed his cheek. I then smiled as I walked into the line to check in. I waved my final goodbye and headed towards my gate. I felt a smile come to my face as I said my final goodbyes to California. My life was changing, and it was finally for the better.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the final chapter of this story, although a sequel is in the works.

Other Possible Titles
-Things Will Never Be the Same