Status: Working on editing chapters

You Can't Break a Broken Heart

Letting Go of the Nights We Shared

Amara’s P.O.V
It had been a few days since the beach and I was sitting outside at a café. I sipped my hot chocolate, yes I drink hot chocolate, I hate coffee. I saw something get put down on the table and glanced up to see Val. She had a determined look on her face as she looked at me. “Yes?” I asked nervously. Val pulled me to my feet and dragged me towards her car, I frowned as my hot chocolate spilled in her rush. I got in catching the hint that she wanted me to come with her. When we got to her apartment, she pulled me into her guest room. I frowned as she closed the door, I went to walk out and realized that I couldn’t turn the door knob. I looked to see that there was no way to unlock the door from this side. “Val, what are you doing?” I called just to get no response.

I frowned and sat on the stiff mattress. I let my eyes wander around the room and smiled at the color of the walls. Val had a nice apartment. My eyes landed on a picture hanging on the wall and I let out a sigh. Matt and her looked so sweet as middle school students. They were sitting together in their spirit wear covered in flour. She was smiling and he had his arm wrapped around her shoulders. I bit my lip and looked towards the wall, I wished there was a window to look out of. I heard Val talking to someone outside the room but couldn’t make out what she was saying. Next thing I knew the door was opened and Matt was pushed in. My eyes widened and I shook my head. “What the fuck Val,” I stated in an angry tone as she slammed the door shut and we heard the lock click.

“I know that Matt hurt you. But not hanging out with the rest of your friends is horrible. Please, just talk something out. You need to at least learn to be civil to each other,” She stated with a sad sigh. I groaned as I walked over and knocked on the door angrily. I heard her move something in front of the door and turned to face Matt.

“Great,” I muttered as I walked to the far end of the room. “You just can’t leave me to my misery, can you?” I asked with a frown on my face. Matt frowned upon hearing this.

“I didn’t plan this. It was all Val,” He frowned indignantly. I frowned, Val was sweet… Matt was a jerk. This didn’t add up. “Look… I didn’t mean half of what I said,” He added after a moment of silence. I frowned, why was he trying to make it hard to be mad at him? And why does he look like he means it?

“Yeah, right. You just wanted sex and then you found someone else because you never wanted me for more than sex,” I stated remembering those cold words from the club. I felt tears well up in my eyes. “I almost told you that I loved you,” I whispered feeling really pathetic for letting him play me like he did.

“Amara,” Matt stated softly. The same way he would when I was upset. He would pull me into his arms and hold me until I was calm. “This may be hard for you to hear, but I really love Val. I never meant to hurt you, you’re a sweet person. And you deserve so much more than I can give you. I’ve felt this way for a long time. And the next part might hurt worse, but you need to hear it,” He let out a deep sigh and made me look into his hazel eyes. “I do love you, but not in that way,” I felt my eyes water more. “I see you as a little sister,” He added. He winced at the way he said it, knowing it sounded like he meant to add insult to injury. I stared up into his eyes and then away as tears began to fall.

“I hate you,” I stated once. “I hate you,” I shouted again. I clenched my hands into fists and pounded on his chest. Tears began to fall harder as I continued telling him ‘I hate you.’ He pulled me into his chest and I ended up crying against it. “Why don’t I hate you?” I whispered. I should hate him. He rubbed my back soothingly and sighed.

“I’d like to be friends Amara, I didn’t mean to hurt you. I should have broken up with you as soon as I realized I didn’t feel that way,” He whispered softly. Matt hated seeing me cry, or maybe it was girls in general. Either way he sounded nervous, and guilty. I looked up at him while reaching my hands up towards my face to wipe away the tears. I buried my face in his chest and cried some more. “I’d like to be friends, but if it’s too hard for you-” I cut him off by glancing up at him.

“I’d like that,” I whispered. “But it’s going to be hard and you have to give me some time,” I told him softly. He nodded and hugged me tighter. I pulled away and let out a sigh. “VALARY DIBENEDETTO OPEN THIS DOOR,” I screamed as I banged on the door.

“Have you guys talked it out,” Her voice came smug. I could tell she didn’t think we had talked about anything.

“Yeah, if you don’t let me out I’m gonna jump him and rip his clothes off,” I yelled back, lying through my teeth. I heard Val open the door and laughed at the look on her face. “I’m kidding. It’s cool we’re friends. Now if you don’t mind, my friend, Zacky promised to take me to the studio with him so you have to let me go,” Val pouted but nodded. I smiled and waved before running out of the apartment as fast as I could. I made my way to the studio I knew he’d be at and walked in. I saw Bree hanging out with a little boy in the lobby. I frowned confused but walked past her and knocked on the studio Zacky was probably waiting in. He opened the door and smiled.

“Mara!” He exclaimed pulling me into a hug. “Why are you looking at me like that?” He asked as I looked up at him and then looked away feeling guilty.

“You’re going to be mad,” I mumbled and noticed that Bree had looked up and we now had their attention. “Let’s talk in the studio,” I stated as Adam and Neil came out to ask Bree to come listen to something, to see if she liked it. I pulled Zacky by the hand and noticed Adam give me a slightly dirty look and sighed. When I pulled Zacky into the studio, I pulled him into the sound proof booth next to his guitar. “I… I made up with Matt,” I whispered knowing he’d be angry.

“After what he did?” Zacky asked incredulously. I nodded and bit my lip.

“We’re not going back to being a couple… But we are trying to be friends. Please… Please don’t be mad,” I whispered looking down. If he was mad I’d probably end up in tears again, and I really didn’t want to cry any more today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so what do you think? Should she have forgiven Matt? Should Zacky be mad? Thanks for reading and please comment.