Alagasia

Speaking to Eldest

Eight months pass. Galbatorix is dead. Kikyo and her child, a boy named Finiarel, and Legolas has a baby dragon named Gedular. Kanna and Eragon finally realize their love for each other, and now Kanna is pregnant. Kanna has kind of adopted Saphira as her dragon as well as Eragon's. Kayame is taking care of Gedular temporarily. They're all walking through the forest, when they run into a girl with a green dragon.

"Hello." The girl says with a smile.

"DEVIANT?!" Kayame shouts, looking at the dragon with wide eyes.

"No, her name is Brushn." The girl says, looking at Kayame like she's lost her mind.

"Deviant's mother?" Kayame wonders, her eyebrows furrowed.

"I wouldn't know to for sure, but probably. I'm Katherine Lynn Marie. I'm an elf. And Brushn is my dragon." The girl says, laying a hand on the green dragon's side.

"OMG, it's you!" Kayame shouts, eyes wide.

"What are you talking about, Kayame?" Katherine asks, looking at Kayame with her head cocked to the side.

"You, when I was young, you used to take me into the Spine and we talked about the wolves that lived there. Remember the one named Moonlight? Well, uh, she was eaten by Kikyo's dragon. But, uh, there were so many more!" Kayame says, her eyes practically sparkling.

"Kayame, you must be mistaken." Katherine says with a look of confusion on her face.

"No, I know it's you!" Kayame says, shaking her head in denial.

"I have never been in the Spine before." Katherine says, shaking her head.

"No, trust me, Katherine. There is one thing you said that revealed your lies. You know Kayame just as well as I do." Kanna says, shaking her head.

"What? No, I..." Katherine begins, but Kanna cuts her off.

"Kayame, you understand, don't you?" Kanna asks, looking at Kayame for reconition.

"Yeah, totally!" Kayame says, grinning.

"Go ahead and tell her, Kayame." Kanna says, motioning for Kayame to talk.

"When we met, you said you name, but I NEVER said mine. Yet you knew it was Kayame." Kayame says, smiling from ear to ear.

"BUSTED..." Katherine says, lowering her head.

"Why did you lie, Katherine?" Kayame asks, looking at Katherine with hurt eyes.

"Because Galbatorix is after me. I can't have any relationships, or he will find me." Katherine says, shaking her head in horror of the thought.

"Galbatorix is dead." Kanna says with a shrug.

"HE IS?!" Katherine shouts, looking at Kanna with wide eyes.

"Yep. My dragon, Rubirah, killed him. But she lost her own life in the process..." Kanna says, tears falling down her face at the memory. Eragon hugs her.

"Actually, he was killed multiple times. By Kikyo, Kanna, Rubirah...and Eldest." Kayame says, a look of sadness covering her face at the mention of the dragon.

"Eldest?" Katherine says, her eyes scanning the area for someone to tell her.

"Galbatorix's dragon. She was such a kind dragon. " Tears begin to fall down Kikyo face. "ELDEST, I MISS YOU!" Kikyo shouts.

"I know." A voice says.

"Eldest?" Kikyo asks, looking around.

"Huh?" Kanna asks, looking at Katherine with confused eyes.

"Shut up, Kanna, I'm talking to Eldest." Kikyo says, glaring at her friend.

"No one else can hear me." The voice says in a stern voice.

"ELDEST!! How are you? Where are you?" Kikyo asks, looking at the sky.

"I'm okay, in heaven. Galbatorix is in hell." Eldest says with a bit of humor in the last part.

"Good." Kikyo says with distaste in her voice.

"Are you okay?" Eldest asks in a genuinly worried voice.

"Yes, I'm fine." Kikyo says with a sad smile.

"I have to go, Kikyo. I shouldn't even be doing this." Eldest says in a somewhat ergant voice.

"Will I ever talk to you again?" Kikyo asks, her eyes filling with even more sadness at the prospect of not being able to ever talk to Eldest again.

"Hopefully. Goodbye." Eldest says before cutting off contact.

"WHAT the hell, Kikyo?" Kanna questions, looking at Kikyo like she's gone nuts.

"Talking to the air?" Kayame says in a joking tone.

"Shut up, you two. You wouldn't understand." Kikyo says, turning to glare at the two of them.

"I understand, Kikyo." Murtagh says as a strange look comes over his face.

"I know, Murtagh." Kikyo says with a relieved sigh.

"Well, it's getting dark. Would you like to stay at my place for the night?" Katherine asks, looking up at the sky before turning to the small group.

"No, thank you, Kat. Our CASTLE is just down the road." Kayame says, pointing down the road behind her.

"Oh, okay. Maybe you'd like to come for tea tomorrow?" Katherine asks in a hopeful voice.

"We'd love to." Kanna says, smiling warmly at the invite.

"Okay, goodbye." Katherine says, turning away from them with a wave of her hand as she gets onto her dragon's back, and flies away. Kanna, Kayame, Kikyo, Murtagh, Eragon, Darigan, Legolas, Finiarel, Saphira and Gedular head back to the castle.
♠ ♠ ♠
...

Peace!!
RyK & KcA