Alagasia

Kanna's Near-Death Experience

Three months pass. Kanna, who is very pregnant, is wandering around in the forest. She feels a sharp pain in her stomach.

"I'm not due YET, am I?" Kanna questions no one in particular as the pain slowly gets worse.

"It is done." A voice says as Kanna looks down to see an arrow in her stomach. The person disappears. Eragon runs into the forest not long later, only to see Kanna, with the arrow still in her stomach.

"KANNA!!" Eragon shouts, his eyes going wide with horror. He runs toward her, only to realize that she's not breathing. "KANNA!! LETTA HELGRIND!! LETA HELGRIND!!!" Eragon shouts in a desperate attempt at bringing her back. He watches as Kanna slowly opens her eyes. She stares at Eragon.

"Hi." Kanna says in a strained voice.

"Who shot you? WHO DID IT?!" Eragon demands, a look close to that of an angry bull appearing on his face.

"It was....was...Morzan." Kanna mutters as she winces at the pain.

"Morzan? He's...." Eragon begins, but Kanna cuts him off.

"Let me finish. Morzan's son." Kanna says, her eyes closing.

"OMG!! OMG!! Murtagh?" Eragon asks, looking at Kanna with a horrified look.

"No, Durza." Kanna says in an even voice as she shakes her head.

"Durza? DURZA!! Is my brother?!" Eragon shouts, his eyes going wide.

"Half brother. Father Morzan, mother Elva." Kanna says, shaking her head.

"ELVA?!" Eragon asks, looking at Kanna with confused eyes.

"Yes, Arya's daughter." Kanna says in a calm voice as she nods.

"ARYA'S DAUGHTER!!!?" Eragon yells, practically knocking Kanna's eardrums out. All of a sudden, Arya appears.

"Arya! As if on cue." Kanna says, rolling her eyes at the elf's smooth move.

"You called?" Arya asks, looking at Eragon.

"Yes I did. Atra nosu waise vardo fra eld hornya." Kanna says, bowing slightly to Arya.

"Why may Eragon not hear us?" Arya asks, raising an eyebrow at Kanna.

"He still believes that Argetdail is my-" Kanna begins, not looking at Eragon.

"Mother?" Arya asks, guessing what Kanna is going to say before it comes out of her mouth.

"Yes..." Kanna says, sighing.

"My dear daughter, Argetdail is Durza's prisoner." Arya says, looking at Kanna with a serious look on her face.

"She....she....Durza...no, Argetdail-" Kanna stutters, tears rolling down her face.

"I am sorry." Arya says, looking at her daughter with a sorrowful look on her face.

"Is she still alive?" Kanna asks, looking at Arya with hopeful eyes.

"I am not sure, dear daughter. What of my other two children, Kikyo and Elva?" Arya asks, looking at Kanna with worried eyes.

"I know not of Elva, your eldest, but of Kikyo, your middle child, she is safe at the castle." Kanna says with a look of uncertainty in her eyes.

"If you don't mind, I have been standing here, just STANDING here." Eragon says in an irritated voice as he glares at the two of them.

"Sorry, Eragon." Kanna says, a look of embarrassment coming over her face.

"Your dragon, Kanna?" Arya asks, completely ignoring the fact that Eragon had ever spoken.

"She, she...." Kanna begins before breaking down in tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yet another night of updates....probably not as much as last night, but you know how it goes...

Peace!!
RyK & KcA