A Wolf's Mate

Mating Dance

Samuel stands up straight, and watches as she continues circling him. Twenty minutes later, Samuel is confused about how it’s taken so long.

^How much longer is this going to take?^ the human half of Samuel asks the wolf half.

^Shouldn’t be too long now. To tell the truth, I’ve never heard of it lasting this long^ the wolf half of Samuel says with a shrug in his voice.

^So then-^ the human half of Samuel says before being stopped mid thought by Kanashii launching herself at him. He sidesteps her and grins. *So, you’ve accepted.* Samuel says with a wolfish grin. Kanashii growls, but lowers her head and tucks her tail. She looks up at him as she slowly lowers to the ground and rolls over onto her back. She whines with anticipation.

^Congratulations. You have won us a mate.^ the wolf half of Samuel says with a chuckle to its voice. Samuel walks toward her and sticks his nose in the fur on her neck. She rolls over onto her stomach, and licks his nose. He smiles.

*Are you ready to become all mine?* Samuel questions, excitement coursing through his veins at an alarming speed. Kanashii looks at him and smiles.

*I’ll make you a deal.* Kanashii says with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

*What?* Samuel asks, grinning from ear to ear.

*Well…..* Kanashii says as she stands up and looks at Samuel. She then takes off running. *Catch me, and I will be!* She says in a completely serious voice. Samuel stands there, completely shocked.

^Um….is this normal?^ the human half of Samuel questions. The wolf chuckles.

^Yes. She’s not completely under the moon’s calling yet. That and the fact that that is no longer the wolf’s consciousness, but the girls. That is probably her true self.^ the wolf half of Samuel says with a serious tone.

^Ah. I see.^ the human half of Samuel says as a grin slowly covers his face and he runs after her. He runs through the hall until he can’t see her anymore, than stops and looks around. He suddenly feels something wet hit his nose. When he looks up, he sees her sitting on one of the large window ceils looking down at him with a grin on her face. Her tongue hanging out of her mouth as she pants. *What are you doing up there?*

*I was watching you. Now, I’d have to say, I'm inspecting just how much you are-* she stops suddenly, and jumps down off the window.

*What’s wrong?* Samuel questions. Kanashii whines as she looks at the doorway. When he looks there, he sees the human he had hired holding a box. When he looks closer at the box, he sees that it holds some sort of crystal. He looks back at Kanashii, only to see her shaking her head from side to side. *What is that crystal?* he demands, looking at her with narrowed eyes.

*It’s a rare stone that can only be found in the heart of a wolf pack.* Kanashii says with a sad note to her voice.

*The….alpha?!* Samuel says, eyes widening in horror and surprise.

*Yes. It is meant to be a part of them. And that crystal belongs to my mother’s pack.* Kanashii explains before whining once more when the man points the crystal toward her. Samuel turns to look at the crystal, and growls. He transforms into his human shape, and looks at the human in the eyes.

“Where did you get that jewel, Kane!” Samuel demands, taking a threatening step toward the human.

“Picked it up in my travels up north.” Kane says with a shrug. Kanashii growls before jumping at Kane, intent to kill. Only to be caught by Samuel, mid-jump. She looks at him, and he sees tears flowing down her face.

“Your grandfather was alpha, wasn’t he?” Samuel asks in a light voice. Kanashii closes her eyes and nods her head yes. “Stay here.” Samuel commands as he sets her down, and looks Kane in the eye. “What happened to the wolf that was carrying that?” Samuel demands, eyes narrowing.

“Why, he’s dead of course!” Kane says with a grin, completely oblivious to everything around him. Kanashii growls, and Samuel looks back at her with a pissed off look.

*Just stay CALM! He’s trying to rile you up.* Samuel commands.

*Well, it’s working!* Kanashii says, baring her teeth at him with a growl. Samuel growls and Kanashii lies down on her stomach, and puts her head down on the ground between her paws.

“Yeah, keep your bitch of a mate under control.” Kane says, a malicious grin on his face. Samuel turns his head toward Kae. He growls and narrows his golden eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's the second to last chapter on this one. Let me know what you think of this PLEASE!! Im starting to think that no one actually reads my stories because I never seem to get any feedback besides for the seldom one person that would comment something like 'First comment hope you update soon' please refrain from such things. i would very much enjoy to hear what people actually think of my stories that way i can improve instead of just staying the same!!
Peace!!
KcA