Status: short story, complete

May I Have This Dance?

Certainly.

"I can't believe you're doing this to me." I frowned.

"Oh, it's just a dance, Tori." Bri said, adjusting her own mask.

"It's stupid." I mumbled, standing.

"You look great, the guys won't be able to look away. Stop complaining." She bumped me with her hip, walking out the door. "Now, let's go. We're gonna be late."

Bri had agreed for us to got to her friends masquerade dance / party. I didn't know anybody there, so I really didn't want to go. But, she was making me. She even got me this cat mask, hoping it would make me want to go. I loved it, but still didn't feel like going to a stranger's house filled with, I don't know, strangers. When we arrived, everyone's faces were concealed with some sort of mask. The girls masks were elegant or simple, the guys more gory and funny. We walked in side by side. She said hello to a few people on the way inside.

"Oh, Sev!" She greeted, beaming.

"Aw, how'd you recognize me?" He frowned. I laughed, looking at his raccoon mask, that only had black circles around his eyes.

"I wonder." She snorted. "This is Tori."

"Hi there, Tori." He greeted. I smiled.

"Hi, uh..."

"Se7en."

"Se7en..." He laughed.

"Well, I'm stealing Bri. You have fun, okay?" He pulled Bri away before I could say anything. I frowned, sighing, and walked toward the staircase. I sat a few steps up from the floor, face on the palm of my hand.

"What's a girl like you doing all alone?" A voice asked. I looked up, finding a half concealed, half showing face. It was the Phantom of the Opera mask. I smiled slightly.

"I don't know anyone."

"You know me." He held his hand out. "I'm Jason. Call me Phat J." I laughed. These guys had some weird nicknames. I shook his hand.

"I'm Tori."

"It's nice to meet you." He kissed my knuckle. I blushed. "It's getting hot in here." He looked around.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Why don't we take this outside?" He smiled, still holding my hand.

"I'd like that." He pulled me up. I followed after him, through the sliding doors and outside. We stood by the pool, his hand still in mine.

We talked for a while. Just about...everything. He was sweet and funny. I really liked him. As the music changed inside, he smiled.

"May I have this dance?" He grinned. I blushed.

"Certainly." He chuckled, pulling me against him. We swayed to the music.

"May I?" He pulled on the string of the mask. I nodded. It slipped off, falling to the floor. "Beautiful." He murmured. I untied his, dropping it by mine. I grinned.

"Not too bad." He rolled his eyes.

"Cute." He leaned in, brushing his lips against mine. "Is this okay?" He mumbled.

"It's perfect." And he kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tori
Bri.

Hum. Don't really like it. DX