Sequel: Chasing our Fate

You Can't Fight Fate

Day 1

Image

Nick flipped channels anxiously, trying to make the time pass. He had been up since seven in the morning waiting for Stevvie to get to his parents house in Texas. Just a few days ago, Stevvie had lost their bet and now she was on her way to the Jonas’ house that very minute.
Today was nerve-racking for both Nick and Stevvie because not only would she meet his family, but two of his ex girlfriends. Yes, the infamous Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez would be there, thanks to Joseph Adam Jonas. He thought it was a great idea to invite Demi, who happened to be having a weekend with her best friends, and now they would meet Stevvie. The last thing he wanted was to add to that list of growing girls, and they weren’t even dating yet.

He knew that Kevin and Joe were also going to interrogate her, and that was thanks to Courtney…and Stacey….and Gianna. His love life wasn’t the best in the past, which is why he took a year off from dating…until he met Stevvie. This time, Nick was sure that Stevvie was good for him…she was honest, understanding, and forgiving, something his previous exes weren’t exactly. Kevin and Joe meant well, they wanted their brother to be happy and not screwed over because he was too young (Courtney), wouldn’t have sex (Stacey) or be cheated on (Gianna). He just hoped they didn’t scare Stevvie away.

“Nicholas, when is your girlfriend coming again?” Mrs. Jonas asked from the kitchen.

Nick ran his hand through his curls and groaned at his mother’s misspeak.

“Mom….for the last time, she’s not my girlfriend, yet,” he corrected her, “Stevvie should be here in half an hour.”

“My mistake son!” She raised her hands in defense. “Girlfriend…friend that’s a girl…what ever you want to call her...I prefer girlfriend though.”

"Don’t we all,” he muttered as he took a seat on a barstool at the counter, “mom, please don’t embarrass me….our relationship is …complicated right now…don’t push the girlfriend subject.”

Mrs. Jonas rolled her eyes at her young son and smiled. She hadn’t seen Nick so happy in a while and if Stevvie was the reason, then she wanted more of it. Everyday he would call them and gush about her with stories and adventures they had been on together. He even told them about how talented she was on the piano and at singing; she was basically all he talked about when it came to school.

“So is Stevvie girly or tom-boyish? Does she like dresses? What are her favorite foods?” Mrs. Jonas gushed with questions.

Nick eagerly told his mother about Stevvie accordingly.

“She’s girly, she wears a lot of dresses and almost always has on heels, but she has a tomboyish personality…we watch sports together all the time, she’s a huge baseball fan. She loves any Italian food and she can cook so well,” he gushed on.

<->

“Name?” a monotone voice asked.

“Stevvie Jameson,” I replied hesitantly.

“Code please,”

I leaned out of the taxi window and reached my slender fingers to reach the keys of the type pad to type in the code Nick had texted me minutes before.

“Your code name please?”

I stubbornly sighed, “Do I have to?”

“Code…name…please,” the voice repeated with an attitude.

“Nick’s sunny delight,” I muttered, causing my face to turn blush faintly.

I rolled my eyes at the reaction of the taxi driver and made a mental note to punish Nick for giving me such an embarrassing code name. Sunny delight…really now?

“H-have a n-nice day Ms.,” the voice replied through snickers.

After passing about ten mansions and a pond, we finally pulled into a long, brick parking lot
and stopped.

I exited the taxi, paying him accordingly and stood in awe of the rustic Texas Mansion.

“Wow…” I whispered.

After a few seconds, I realized I felt stupid just staring at the house and went up to the door.

My shaky finger pressed against the doorbell as I felt my heart pound through my chest. The only thing I could think of was one thing.

“Stupid bet.”

Finally, the large wooden door made its way open….

<->
Joe opened the door quickly, already knowing who it was. Stevvie stood patiently outside and messed with the edge of her simple knit dress.

Joe took one look at Stevvie and rolled his eyes, confusing her.

“Mom! We’re going to have to change the code again, another fan figured it out!” he yelled.
Stevvie eyes widened in a sudden panic, “oh no…I’m not a-“

Before she could even finish, Joe continued.

“Look, we love our fans and all, but we need our privacy, we don’t appreciate you trespassing, goodbye,” he stated coldly.

The next thing Stevvie knew, the door slammed shut. She stood in shock at what just happened, unsure of what to do next. What surprised her more was Joe’s attitude…Nick always said he was the moody one. She debated on waiting or calling Nick, but just stood dumbly for a few seconds.

Moments later the door swung open revealing a smiling Joe.

“You have to know that I was just pranking you Stevvie, I have to welcome into the family!” he stated lovingly, “come on in! I’m Joe if you don’t know.”

Stevvie sighed in relief as she stepped into the large foyer; she honestly didn’t know what she would have done next. She shook his hand briefly.

“Nicholas! You’re girlfriend is here!” he yelled up the stairs, then he winced and added, “I mean ‘girl that’s a friend’” in air quotes as he winked at Stevvie.

“Does this pranking go kind of like hazing or does it keep going on?” she asked curiously, “I must warn you, I’m extremely gullible, ask Nick.”

He rubbed his hands together like and evil villain, “Perfect…this weekend should be fun…”

“Don’t get any ideas Joseph,” Nick warned him as he sauntered down the stairs, “she’s off limits, go find a new victim.”

Stevvie giggled at her knight in shining armor, he was wearing a plain mint green, cashmere v-neck sweater, black straight leg jeans and black socks. Butterflies formed in her stomach as they did to Nick too.

Nick looked at Stevvie and smiled, causing Stevie to do the same.

“So, you have been reading my mind again, I see,” Stevvie stated, referring to her his sweater that matched her day dress.

“Perhaps, or…we just think the same,” he replied as he walked up to her.

They smiled at each other nervously before Nick abruptly pulled her into a tight hug.

“You’re finally here!” he murmured as he spun her around, “took you long enough,”

She squealed as he sat her down. “Hey, patience Mr. You can wait for your sunny delight,”

She glared evil darts at him for making her say that.

Nick laughed at her reference. “Well, this is a consequence of the bet isn’t it? I had to make it a little embarrassing.”

Nick gathered her bags and motioned for her to follow him to her room.

Stevvie stuck her tongue out at him and followed him accordingly.

“This is going to be a fun weekend…I can already tell,” he stated.

Stevvie rolled her eyes at him and groaned.
“Why did I agree to this?”

Nick had a childish grin on his face as he placed my bags down on the lush, king-sized bed.

“Don’t worry, we’re going to have a lot of fun this weekend,”
<->

“Stevvie, you’re wonderful! I’m so glad Nicholas brought you home,” Mrs. Jonas gushed.

I smiled; pleased that Nick’s parents adored me so.

“So, tell us more about yourself…what do your parents do?” Mr. Jonas asked.

I stared blankly for a second and panicked inside.

“Uhh…my dad works…in Public relations...for the music industry,” I recovered.

“Oh really?” I witnessed the whole Jonas family light up.

Crud.

“What company does he work for?” Kevin pondered.

I took a deep breath as I fiddled with the bottom of my skirt, then quickly stopping because I knew Nick would notice I was nervous. He knew me too well.

“J-Jatsa records,” I replied meekly.

They all voiced their opinions of my statement, causing my nervousness to increase tenfold.

“So, he is the big labels! What’s his name, I might have met him before,” Mr. Jonas asked.

Damn his curiosity.

“A-Alan Jameson,” I responded, “you probably haven’t met him, he’s extremely behind the scenes and all business…not really the social type.”

Actually, I didn’t know if he had met my parents before.

“You know the owner of Jatsa record’s name is Todd Jameson?” Joe pointed, “are you guys related to him?”

I cringed at his statement, so the Jonas’ did know their Chasing fate.

“Yeah, I’ve been trying to get in contact with him, but he’s been too busy,” Mr. Jonas added.

“You could say that,” I mumbled.

“Man, I wish his band would have made it all the way, have you met Todd?” Kevin asked.

“H-He’s really busy, I don’t know him personally.”

"You never told me you were related to Todd…” Nick whispered in my ear.

I worded my statement carefully so I wasn’t (technically) lying. Everything I said was true (except for the part about my dad not being social, he was the exact opposite). My dad does work in Public relations when working with Berkeley to D.C., and his name was Alan Todd Jameson. I obviously was related to him and compared to the relationship we had before, I didn’t know him personally anymore.

I looked around at their amused faces, truly interested in what I had to say. Guilt flooded my heart quickly, so I frantically found something to change the subject.

“Wow! Nick your first album went Platinum?” I exclaimed. I overheard E! playing his True Hollywood story in the background of our (interrogation) conversation.

“Yep! Four times!” Joe answered for him proudly.

Nick gave me a small smile and confirmed Joe’s statement with a nod. He was an award-winning artist, and still as humble, as can be. Swoon.

“That’s so cool!” I gushed as I touched Nick’s arm, “you guys probably have a lot of those right?”

All three Jonas boys stood up and escorted me to their music room/recording studio.

Once you get those boys talking about music, it’s all they think about. I relaxed once again, but not without the small pool of guilt that formed in the pit of my stomach. I hated the fact that I was lying to the enter Jonas family for my selfish reasons, especially Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
danelle deleasa's brother is adorable and he has a beautiful voice. I want to see him live. : )
I'm going to make my smiley faces like Nick's tweets from now on : )
so I'm debating on a "Stay=baby making music" or lyrics to fireflies sign for the concert....hmmmm