Sequel: Chasing our Fate

You Can't Fight Fate

Hollywood

Image

Image

I shook my head at the perezhilton.com post about Stevvie and myself. Apparently, there were paparazzi around us from afar, but I couldn’t remember seeing anyone. The only people that stopped by were fans who had noticed I was there that asked for a picture.

Thankfully, the didn’t reveal Stevvie’s name. Stevvie was a normal girl who didn’t need to be harassed by a bunch of jealous girls who had nothing better to do but worry about my love life as if it were a subject in school. I didn’t mind that she and I were photographed, but I wish that people didn’t automatically put someone off as someone I was dating. Justjared.com and Perezhilton(somewhat) were gracious enough to point out she was just a friend, but (of course) Oceanup.com and Zacktaylor.com made sure to call her my girlfriend. I didn’t even want to look at the comments on Oceanup, they scared me.

I sighed and picked up my phone to inform Stevvie not to be surprised if a massive amount of fans come up to her or gave her weird looks while she was out and take the necessary cautions when it came to social networking sites if her name was revealed. I’m sure she could do without two hundred friend requests with the last name “Jonas.”

“Hey, Stevvie?”

“Hey, what’s up?”

“You know when we first became friends I said it came with a couple of catches?”

“Yeah…”

“Well…this is one of them…have you seen Perezhilton.com lately? Or any celebrity blog sites?”

“No…”

“Okay, well. Yesterday, some Paps must have been hiding in the bushes or something because they kind of have pictures of our trip to the city….”

Stevvie didn’t reply for a few seconds.

“A-are you serious? What did the blog say?” she stammered.

“Nothing bad, don’t worry…you’re kind of my new girlfriend though…but they don’t know your name, so it’ll be okay. Just expect a couple of weird looks or squeals if you come across any fans…oh and make sure your Facebook is private and stuff if your name is revealed okay?”

“Y-yeah...O-okay…um, well, bye…” she finally stated.

Stevvie hung up without waiting for me to say goodbye. I bunched my eyebrows together in disappointment. This whole thing was my fault; I wish she didn’t have to suffer. But, it was the price of fame. I looked around my room for my Music Theory book, unsuccessfully. Then quickly remembering I left it at Stevvie’s house. I smiled, giving myself a reason to go over to her apartment.

<->

I paced around my bathroom frantically with a large curling iron in my hair, upset at what I had gotten myself into. There I was smiling widely at Nick on the first post on Oceanup as Nick’s freaking girlfriend. I had never hated those blogs sites, but now I understood Nick’s despise of them. Everything about our trip was twisted, turning our simple project into a romantic date.

Surprisingly, not even Perez recognized me…I guess I had been out of the public eye longer than I had realized. The last time I walked a red carpet was in 2003 at the kid’s choice awards. I was a stick thin, smiling blond-haired 10 year old. My mother thought it was a genius idea to dye my naturally dark hair a sandy blond when we lived in California briefly.

The last time I was captured by the paparazzi was my first year of high school when I had blond highlights and I was hanging out with my ex-boyfriend, the one-hit wonder kid that brought you “My Baby”, Jamie. He and I didn’t last very long after that and neither did he. it was also when I started to space myself from Hollywood.

“Oh shit...my parents!” I exclaimed as I unraveled the piece of my hair.

I quickly ran to my room to look fro my phone, knocking over the perfume bottles and candles that were scattered on my dresser. Once I finally found it, I saw I had two new messages, one from Nick and one from my mom. Both of them saying the same thing…”I’ll be over at twelve, see you soon.” But Nick said 12:30.

I screamed in horror once I realized what that meant.

“Damn it!” I screamed.

I threw my phone on my bed and began to hyperventilate. Nick and my parents would be showing up at my house around the same time in less than ten minutes. There was no time to stop either of them either. It was my worst nightmare and it was coming true two days before Thanksgiving…really? I knew my parents were coming to harass me about Nick and I had no idea what Nick was coming over for.

Deciding that I might as well look presentable for my lies to blow up in my face, I quickly pulled on some black sweatpants and a white v-neck t-shirt. Then, I ran my fingers through my curled hair and put on a coat of mascara and lip-gloss just as the doorbell rang.
I counted the steps it took to the door and took deep breathes to calm my beating heart. It felt as if a hammer was pounding at my chest. I figured if I caught my parents first, I could shoo Nick away outside the door.

Hesitantly, I pulled open the door…
<->

Stevvie’s parents stood outside of their daughter’s apartment door expectantly.

“I wonder if Nick is over? Why do you think she never told us she was dating a Jonas Brother?” Jennifer, her mother, wondered.

“We should have brought her brothers; they could have scared that boy away,” Todd muttered.

“The boys are ten, what could they do? You love the Jonas Brothers anyway, you practically jumped for joy when you found out she was dating him,” Jennifer pointed out.

Todd put his hand to his lips and quieted his wife, “But, he doesn’t have to know that yet,

Stephanie’s my only daughter, its not everyday I get to be the overbearing dad, let me have my fun, honey,”

Jennifer rolled her eyes and rang the doorbell again, only to be greeted by her wide-eyed daughter.

“Hey sweetie…” she cooed, kissing her on her cheek and entering her apartment, “your father and I thought we take a visit down here while the boys were at karate.”

Stevvie nodded her head, signaling to her mother that she understood. Todd looked around her apartment as he pulled Stevvie into a hug.

“How is my Stephanie doing?” he asked.

“umm, okay I guess,” she replied, “you know what?? Adrian and Alex are always complaining that you guys don’t come to their practices. So why don’t you go there first and come back here an about an hour or two…I have a better idea, just make it tomorrow.”

Todd laughed at Stevvie’s complete seriousness, “don’t be silly Steph, and you know I don’t like you dressy like a bum...you spend so much money on clothes, you could at least put on a skirt for your old man.”

Stevvie rolled her eyes and trotted off to change into a more appropriate outfit to please her father. Ever since her tomboy phase had past, Todd loved seeing her daughter dress like a lady.

<->

I strolled up to Stevvie’s door lazily, whistling a new song I had been working on earlier. I had texted her that I would be over at 12:30, but she had never texted back, so I decided to go a little early, just to make sure she was okay.

Before ringing the doorbell, I hesitated at a strange noise coming from inside. Gaining curiosity, I leaned my ear against the door and listened. Everything I heard was muffled, but I could definitely make out a man speaking and a woman with a soft voice like Stevvie’s.

Fed up with it all, I knocked on the door.

<->

Todd and Jennifer looked up curiously at the door, wondering who it could be.

“I’ll get it,” Jennifer decided.

She opened the door and smiled in delight at whom she was greeted by. Nick straighten up and smiled politely at her.

“Oh my, wow, you’re just the boy I’ve wanted to meet!” Jennifer gushed as she held out her hand to Nick, “I’m Stephanie’s mother...boy are you handsome in real life.”

Nick shook her hand, but narrowed his eyes at her comment, “I’m Nick…Stevvie’s name is Stephanie? um, Thanks.”

Jennifer laughed at his question as she ushered him inside, “Yes, her real name is Stephanie…ever since her father introduced her to Stevie Wonder's music, she refused to go by Stephanie…she was one stubborn three year old.”

“Funny, yeah that sounds like her,” he replied as he shrugged off his blazer, “Stevvie never told me her mom was coming over today, it's nice to meet you.”

“Mom and dad,” Jennifer corrected, “It’s so nice to meet you too! Stevvie never told us she was dating, let alone knew you.”

“Oh, her dad is here too?” Nick questioned, “wait…dating? Um, Stevvie and I are only friends…did she tell you we were? Or did you guys see the paparazzi pictures?”

“Darling, we might have to make this trip short, Justin just called me and there’s a really talented kid down at the office…” Todd began before noticing Nick, “Actually, scratch that…is this the boy who is parading my daughter over the tabloids?”

Nick’s eyes widened at his accusation, not looking up at him, “Sir, I can explain…it’s completely my fault…I kind of can’t help it…I’m not dating her if it he-…You’re T-Todd Jameson! Oh my god...wait! You're not supposed to be Todd Jameson. Huh?...”

Todd brightened up at Nick’s realization as he fixed his tie, pleased. Nick looked at the rather young looking man, in disbelief that he was even standing in front of him, and not believing that he was actually Stevvie's father. Todd was a little taller than Nick, with wispy dark-hair from the Chicago breeze, with bright blue eyes to match Stevvie's. He had on a simple button down, tie, blazer, jeans and a very slight beard.

“Why yes I am,” he replied, “Stephanie’s told you about me hasn’t she?”

Nick stood confused, and dumbfounded.

“No…she hasn’t actually…she actually hasn't told me a lot of things about her family...is she here?” he asked shakily.

“Yes, she’s changing in her room,” Jennifer replied.

Nick let out a breath he didn’t realize he was holding.

"What do you mean Son?" Todd asked.

"What I mean is that Stevvie..er Stephanie told me her 'dad' worked in PR for your company...but you own you company so..."

Todd sighed angrily as he ran he fingers through his hair. "She didn't..."

"But she did..." Jennifer corrected him, "Todd, this has been the third time...this has to stop."

"I know..."

They continued with their private conversation, leaving Nick confused and awkward feeling.

“Um…would you guys excuse me… I need to speak to your daughter,” Nick stated as he made his way to her room.

<->

I tried to comprehend what had just happened as I knocked on Stevvie’s bedroom door. My anger was slowly growing as the information I was just fed sorted. The voiced turned out to be Stevvie’s parents…but not he parents she informed my family and me of…at least not her dad. There he was…The Todd Jameson accusing me of gallivanting around with his so-called daughter. A million thoughts ran though my head as to why Stevvie would lie to me about the fact that her dad was the freaking Todd Jameson! That’s not something you can just hide. She told us her dad was Alan Jameson, the non-social PR person that was somewhat related to Todd Jameson, not Todd Jameson the rock legend, billionaire founder of one of the biggest record company in the world, and my idol.

“Dad, you are so impa-“ Stevvie began to say, but she quickly stopped talking once she noticed it was me and shut the door.

<->

I began to hyperventilate as I leaned against the door. Nick had come early and judging from the look on his face, he was pissed. I knew he knew, which meant I was dead.

“Stevvie open the door…” I heard him say monotone, “I really do not want to go through this with you right now.”

Sighing, I slowly opened it to his stone-cold face. He immediately began to walk towards me, closing the door in one quick swipe. As he took a step forward, I took a step back, nervously crossing my arms. He held his gaze with mine, and with each step, his breathing grew heavier.

Eventually, I found myself cornered against the wall with Nick’s arms caging me in. I watched his eyes inspect my face, but it was still unreadable. I let out a hallow breath, too scared to say anything.

“What do you take me for? Do you think I’m stupid or a joke?” he snarled, “what is this? The rich little daddy’s girl has nothing better to do than prank the celebrity…did you think I wasn’t going to find out who you really were? You know you had me twisted around your little finger.”

I stayed silent, knowing he wasn’t finished.

“I can’t believe I trusted you…I trusted you, Stevvie,” he continued in a disappointed tone, his voice raised too loud for my comfort “What else are you lying to me about? Do you really even like me? Or is this a cruel joke between you and the gang. Just lead me on why don’t you. Is there someone paying you to reveal everything I’ve told you? You certainly wouldn’t need the money! I just can’t understand why you would do this? It can’t be for the fame, you could get that on your own…just tell people who your freaking REAL dad is!”

“Nick I-“ I tried to interject.

“No, don’t speak, “ his voice grew sharper, “I don’t even want to hear it…I’m done Stevvie.
This is why I left Hollywood, but I guess Hollywood wasn’t problem, it was just the people I was meeting in general.”

I tried to interject once again but Nick barked at me to stop once again, and stormed out of my apartment. I heard the door slam and my heart break with it.

<->

Nick quickly grabbed his jacket and began to leave but remembering her parents were there. He turned to them and thought for a moment.

"I'm sorry we had to meet under such circumstances Mr. and Mrs. Jameson, though it was nice to meet you...can you give Stevvie a message for me?"

"Of course," Jennifer agreed.

Nick quickly approached her beautiful mother and gently unhooked the clasp of his bracelet...his number one bracelet he got when the Jonas Brothers third album, "A little bit longer," went number one for two consecutive weeks.It was a simple sterling silver Wheat Chain Bracelet that he wore everyday. It was his good luck charm, along with his necklace.

"proverbs 12:19," he stated as he placed into into her hand, "she'll understand."

With that, he left, not knowing if he would ever return.
♠ ♠ ♠
Stevvie's dad

FYI: (So, Chasing Fate is supposed to be if Train and Kings of Leon had a baby. The raspy voices of KOL and some of the music of Train. Bam. Todd Jameson is supposed to be super laid back and really young.)

Oh yeah, so I've been thinking about the sequel and I have some great ideas! :)
and please don't hate me but there's a lot of chapters before Nick and Stevvie are together. *hides* don't worry, I'll make it up to you guys when they do. : )

P.s. I made the perezhilton.com post except it came out too small :[ If you can't read it, just comment me and I'll tell you what it says. K?. Sigh, I hate snow days.

So, we had a snow day so this is what comes out of it. You guys are great commenters, they make me smile.
p.p.s. dsfdfsdfdf NICK JONAS IS HOT! adjhfsafh