Sequel: Chasing our Fate

You Can't Fight Fate

Road Trip

“Popstars, The Jonas Brothers got a special surprise at their sold out annual show at the Ryman in Nashville with a special appearance from the legendary members of the band, Chasing Fate and their lead singer Todd Jameson and his wife. Nick is currently rumored to actually be dating his daughter, Stevvie Jameson who also made an appearance in the audience. An insider informed us that she sat with the band in the balcony and graciously took pictures with any fan that went up to her for at least an hour before the show actually started. When the show started, she danced and sang to every song they performed and cried when Nick performed a brand new song he wrote just days before,” Ryan Seacrest informed the camera.

“Looks like things are getting pretty serious between these college sweethearts…meeting the parents already?” Giuliana Rancic speculated.


I turned off the TV after straightening my tie. I was still in disbelief that the Jamesons and Chasing Fate actually went to our show. My brothers and I didn’t even realize it until I noticed Johnny Henderson head banging to Conspiracy theory. All you could see was his long blond hair flying everywhere. Slowly, I realized that they were all there, and we had covered a number of their songs, which made me nervous because I really wanted to know what they thought. It would have been incredibly embarrassing if they thought we sucked. I took a chance at the end and performed the song I wrote about Stevvie, hoping it would give her the strength to come to me. However, that was three days ago and there was still no word of her. Classes had resumed and I reconnected with the gang. They forgave me, I forgave them, and we were now on good terms. Jennifer was now dating a reality star and Carl…well I’m not sure what happened to Carl. Everything was falling into place except for the fact that Stevvie still hadn’t came to apologize.

I was able to go back to class for a short while until Danielle was very ready to give birth. Kevin insisted on having the whole family to be there and I was excited to welcome her. I didn’t know much about pregnancy, but by the sound of it, she was ready too. The original plan was for her to give birth in New Jersey, but her doctor didn’t allow her to fly so we were preparing for baby Madison to arrive in the next few days in Dallas.

The only bad part about it was that I had so much time on my hands now and nothing to do. The only thing I could do was pray that God would give Stevvie courage to address me; she was counting down the days until Dani gave birth. May-may insisted on staying with me at college so she could visit Stevvie.

“Alright Storm, Eric, Maya are you guys ready yet?” I called from my room. I grabbed my bible, wallet, and keys and headed out of my room. “We’re going to be late!”

“READY!” they all yelled, racing each other down the stairs. I laughed at their competitiveness because they were years apart. Eric sashayed after them, fixing his bright pink tie. Storm was a pubescent nineteen year old with one thing on his mind: girls. I couldn’t believe that my best friend Maya was now a seventeen year old woman…not my little May-may anymore. She was boy-crazy, making me worried that she would date someone not as…nice as I would like. So far she hadn’t but there had been incidents that she talked with some of them. The fact that her and Stevvie were getting close offended me, but at the same time, I was happy because she could be a good role model for her as far as boys go. I learned rather quickly that Stevvie had a strange affect on my fans…especially my young teenage girl fans. I had never witnessed her with them, but I heard testimonials from fans that met her. They loved her and more than any other girl I had been rumored to be dating. Honestly, I loved it too. I loved when I heard stories of her interacting with fans and being personable with them. From YouTube videos of meetings with Stevvie, I found out she was genuinely nice to them.

<->

Maya and Nick sat quietly in the Jonas family theater. After all the holidays were over, Nick was happy just staying at home and doing nothing. He never thought school of all things would wear him out because of his hectic work schedule. Luckily, Nick managed to pass all of his classes with excellence and make straight A’s on all of his finals. It was surprising to him that he passed college Algebra and Chemistry without his tutor Stevvie. However, music history, literature and world history were easy for him. At first, Nick thought he would never enjoy writing, but loved English and realized why Stevvie was going to be an author. She already had a book in the works of being published.

“I could totally see Stevvie wearing that,” Maya commented on the outfit Ann Hathaway was adorned in, “I have to show her.”

Nick rolled his eyes as he shifted in the big leather seat he was in; somehow, Maya had sucked him into watching a chick flick. Out of boredom, he agreed.

“I don’t appreciate you talking to her May-May,” Nick muttered.

“Hey, I have no part in your escapade with her,” she quickly pointed out, “and you’re always complaining about the girls I try to hang out with! Stevvie is awesome.”

Nick scoffed as he messed with the arrow on his necklace. “Stevvie is a liar. She’s not a good influence either.”

Maya widened her eyes at her best friend, in disbelief at what he just said. “Bullsh-“

“Language!” he stopped her.

She groaned at him. “Mr. eighty year old man…anyway…Stevvie is so a good influence!”

“No, she’s not,” Nick argued, “she drinks, has tattoos and uses bad language…she also lies. This discussion is over.”

“No it’s not! She only drinks occasionally and if you still talked to her, you would have known that she gave up drinking for New Years. She said you didn’t like it when she did, but you would never say. Her tattoos all have special meaning behind them and Demi, and Miley have tattoos. Seriously, Nicholas, everyone slips a curse word here and there…even you do. In addition, what are we five? Everyone lies at one point!”

Nick stayed silent before responding to Maya. “Okay…fine…you may be right about some things…but wrong about the cursing…I don’t curse…never have.”

Maya scoffed at his denial. “Okay…you may not curse out loud for people to hear or very often, but you don’t think I notice those little words slip out of your mouth when you lose at a game occasionally…especially when the Yankees lose!”

Nick stayed quiet as Maya called him out. Big deal, he wasn’t perfect, no one said he was.
“That doesn’t count,” Nick decided, “Besides, you have no proof. Now, watch the movie.”

<->

“Don’t just look at me all innocently like you don’t know what’s wrong,” she sneered at me.

Those cute little wrinkles appeared on her forehead as she sucked in a huff of air and released it quickly, “I don’t know how someone could be so big-headed and selfish and just…just thoughtless!”

She pulled her jewelry off her hands and wrists, slamming them down on the counter.
I scoffed and helped her out of her coat, “Yeah, well you are stuck up, bratty, pretentious and completely gorgeous!”

Stopping in mid-pony-tail undoing, she glared at me, “Gorgeous?”

“What!” I shouted back at her. I watched as she ran her fingers through her silky brown hair, and shrugged off her cardigan, exposing her bare shoulders. God, she looked amazing in that dress.

“You just called me gorgeous!”

I shrugged off my jacket and pulled off my tie, loosening the first two buttons of my button up.

“I meant adorable, so adorable you make me sick,” I sneered back at her.

“Oh, I’m sorry. If I’m so sickeningly adorable then why did you come to the same restaurant as me?” she asked sarcastically.

“Why’d you go out with Carl Shea?” I scoffed, still in disbelief.

“Because he asked me!” she exclaimed, “isn’t that how it works Nick, a guy likes a girl so he asked her out?”

“Not to you apparently, “I replied, “You lie to them, make them feel like crap and then date other guys who are way worse than them. I mean Carl Shea? You can do way better Stevvie.”

“You can’t be talking Mr. Rachael Bowlag,” she reminded me, “you go down to her level…do you know how many diseases you could have caught from that Hoebag! And you’re not the crème de la crème if that what you’re trying to say either Jonas.”

“Oh please Stevvie, you now Rachael is not that bad!” I defended, “well, compared to all the douchebags and losers at this school I’m pretty dang close!”

“Well, Nick maybe just because a guy like a girl, that doesn’t mean they’re meant to be together!” she mumbled.

“How do you know? Did you give us a try? Did you give me a chance?” I asked bitterly, “that makes no sense at all!”

I finally was fed up with our argument, and decided I was going to end it somehow.

“Yeah, well some things don’t make since!” she replied.

I groaned loudly and turn around to face her, finding myself inches from her face. Stevvie’s eyebrows were firmly scowled as she looked up at me. Suddenly, I was overcome with emotion, causing all feelings of anger towards her to disappear. Instead of holding back,
impulsively, I did what I had wanted to do since that day I met her.


<->

I held my ground as I stared up at Nick, not wanting to back down not because I wanted to show him I was tough, but because the smell of his cologne was intoxicatingly addicting. Much to my surprise, I suddenly felt his hand make its way through my hair and before I knew it, he did the inevitable. He kissed me.

I felt his soft lips on mine as he pulled me closer to him. His lips were moist and gentle, they lingered there for what seemed like forever, as if he taking the time to memorize the feeling before he parted, only to kiss me more passionately seconds later. Nick’s breath grew heavier as he urged my lips to part and soon I felt his tongue against mine. Gaining confidence, I explored his mouth, teasing him by keeping my tongue away from his. He caressed my body causing me to lose focus and fail at teasing him. Nick let out a low moan as he wrestled with my tongue….


“Baby…baby…” Todd whispered to his daughter.

“Oh Nick…” she murmured, still dreaming.

“Stephanie!” Todd shouted, jolting her awake.

Stevvie jumped up, (reluctantly) shaking herself out of her dream. She instantly blushed in embarrassment, knowing she talked in her sleep. She could only wonder what she was saying because of the dream she was having.

“Stephanie, I think we’re almost here,” her dad informed her.

<->

Nick smiled in his sleep, loving what he was dreaming about, causing Maya to giggle as she stood over him. She blew on his face softly to see how he would react and held back laughter as he moaned and repositioned himself. Gaining curiosity, she took her tiny teacup Maltese-Yorkie and let him lick Nick’s mouth. Nick moaned once again, turning towards the puppy’s licks. Maya once again, tried to hold back laughter, but ended up failing. She fell to the ground in laughter causing Nick to awaken.

He slowly opened his eyes, instantly noticing his now wet lips. He sat up to figure out what had caused his best friend to laugh so hard. Nick grimaced at the foul taste as he licked his lips and wiped them off on his sleeve. Quickly, he looked around to see what could possibly make Maya laugh so hard…that is until he put the puzzle pieces together. Dog hair littered the top of his shirt and he instantly remembered what the foul taste was.

“I-I think Tootsie likes you t-too!” Maya exclaimed through laughter.

Nick quickly jumped up from his seat and growled a nasty “Gross!” at the poor little dog.

“I’m going to kill you Maya!” he yelled as he wiped his mouth, “you’re gonna pay for this!”
Maya’s eyes widened in fear as she sprinted out of the movie room with Tootsie close behind though the Jonas’ empty mansion. Nick growled at her as he chased after her, yelling that if she breathed a word of what had just happened to anyone, he would get his revenge.

“Oh come on!” Maya yelled, “I think you a tootsie would make a great couple! They would call you Nootsie!”

Nick glared at his best friend’s teasing, unimpressed and continued to chase after her.

“Good lord! My legs are killing me!” Uncle Julian complained.

“You’re telling me?” Johnny argued, “You didn’t have to sit in the backseat!”

“At least you didn’t have to deal with Johnny taking off his shoes,” Gregg grumbled as he shoved them out of the way to go into the gas station they stopped at.

The group snickered at Gregg, who was always grumpy and Johnny’s ‘out-there’ attitude.
Stevvie roamed the aisles of the large gas station to stretch out her legs. Out of desperation to see Nick, she convinced all of the members of Chasing Fate to take a trip to the Jonas’. Todd would only go if it was a road trip…he loved road trips for some reason.

<->

My knees popped from being in a sitting position so long as I sauntered throughout the gas station. My hair was in a messy bun on the top of my head, and I didn’t even bother to put on makeup.

I yawned and stopped in front of the slushy machine, deciding on which one I wanted. As I stood there, I heard the familiar sound I usually heard when I was around Nick and more recently just me. It was the giggles of girls; I turned around to see three teenaged girls huddled in a group talking lowly to each other. I could tell they were talking about me and chose to ignore them.

Finally, I felt them approach me. Luckily, they were fans and not haters. I only had a couple encounters with haters but they were more than enough.

“Hi!” a girl a lot taller than me stated, “I know you probably don’t want to talk to us, but we’re huge Nick Jonas fans…and we just wanted to say we’re really happy about how happy you seem to be making Nick.”

I smiled at the girls genuinely and thanked them. They talked sweetly to me and were super chill, which made me chill because I knew I had nothing to worry about with these people.
“It’s so nice to me you Stevvie! You are so pretty!” they gushed as they left. I waved to them goodbye and surprisingly in a better mood. Jonas fans were the nicest people sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
:l I have bad news...okay so, I started this story in August...yes, August and I didn't start it until December so I had plenty of chapters to update when I was really busy cause it only takes like twenty minutes to update. The problem is...I'M RUNNING OUT OF CHAPTERS! D: I have like four or five typed and about two written but not typed. It takes me at least a week to get them typed up because I do it in intervals because of school and work and crap and then at least two or three days to write one on paper (I mostly write at school because its all the time I have!) What does this mean to you guys? In order to get updates to you guys regularly I have no choice but to slow them WAY down. :( You usually get at least two a week, but now it'll be only once and then maybe every ten days once I run out of pre-written chapters or so until I get caught up. I think I MIGHT not have to do this if I don't have to close at the coffee shop I work at, but I usually do. >:l anyway, if I get extra time to type on the computer, then you should see an update on Thursday or Friday. If I don't then you'll get one on Sunday or Monday.

OH BUT I HAVE GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there will in fact be a sequel AND I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS :D. I'm in the process of outlining the plot in my head. there's going to be some twists I can already tell you. I want to make it different from any other story you've read on mibba. (hopefully) hey, if you guys have any requests or ideas on dates/fights or couple-ish things you want to see Stevvie and Nick do in the sequel tell me! :) they will definitely still be together in the sequel.
sheesh this is a novel of an A/N...ummm....I think that's it....

P.s. the sequel should begin in about mid-to-late march (hopefully sooner) we'll see :)

P.P.s the italicized words in the update are when they're dreaming...FYI.
tell me what you ladies think! (: