Sequel: Chasing our Fate

You Can't Fight Fate

Hickey

Image

I smoothed out my T-shirt before opening the door to greet Nicholas.

“Hey,” I stated. He looked me up and down, noticing my shirt.

“That’s mine, but I like it on you so keep it,” he stated. Nick entered my apartment, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

I smiled contently at my success in stealing one of his favorite v-necks. I always stole Nick’s clothes and usually he would find a way to get them back, but this time I didn’t think he cared.

“This semester is going to kill me, I swear. I can already tell,” Nick sighed as he flopped on Stevvie’s bed. His psychology book covered his face and Literature papers and books were scattered among him. I sat at on my pillow absentmindedly doodling my name with “Jonas” as the last name, complete hearts too.

“I wish we had more classes together,” Nick decided, “How come you don’t have to take psych and why are your classes so different?”

“I took AP psych in high school,” I replied, “and because I might be taking the classes you’re taking in the summer so I can graduate early.”

Nick turned on his stomach and knitted his eyebrows together adorably.

“You’re taking summer classes? Why do you want to graduate early?” he asked curiously.

“Why not?” I asked, “Usually I spent my summers in key west or our beach house in the Hamptons doing nothing but lounging by the pool. So, why not actually do something productive?”

Nick looked at me mischievously as he scooted over and rolled his head into my lap, removing my notebook. I looked down at him, confused but giving in and began messaging his head of curls. I enjoyed running my fingers though his silky, soft curls and they smelled good too. He closed his eyes and smiled.

“I kind of like the idea of you lounging by the pool…in a swimsuit…you should do that instead…yep…I vote lounging around…especially if I’m there.”

“Way to be subtle, Nick,” I joked.

He shrugged and smiled guiltily.

“Besides what are you even doing this summer?”

“Actually, we have no idea. Joe’s getting married in May by the way,” he replied lazily. I could tell he was falling asleep because his chest was moving slower and at a steady pace.

“Where are you taking me for our date tonight?” I asked, just remembering he never told me.

“Ooh…I want it to be a secret…,” he murmured with his eyes closed.

“Okay…” I murmured at the same volume, “how about a dress code?”

Nick hesitated before responding.

“Wear something short…and sexy.”

My eyes widened at his statement, I held back laughter so not to wake him. Did Nick really just say that? Nick moaned softly as I messaged his head, and then surprisingly getting up. He jumped up and ran to gulp down the last remaining part of my sunny delight that sat on my dresser. He always stole my bottles of sunny delight or orange juice. The bed bounced a little at his weight when he flopped on his hip in front of me. Nick scooted closer to me and began to caress my left knee with his hand. Soon, it was at my thigh as Nick flirted with me with his eyes.

“Stevvie…you’re the biggest tease ever,” he cooed, “I’m not going to give in and kiss you…even though this place is perfect for making out. You must have down this on purpose…the candles, Marc Broussard playing in the background…you wearing my t-shirt."

I looked down at myself, remembering I was still in his t-shirt and pair of short-shorts.
I denied I had no idea what he was talking about and most likely gave myself away by giggling.

“That’s okay though,” he murmured, “I am ready for any challenge you throw at me baby. But, I am enjoying you in this if it makes a difference. It’s kind of been turning me on…”

I flipped my hair over and scooted closer to Nick. I caressed his cheek to look up at me and he quickly sat up, his hands instantly going to my hips.

“Don’t do this baby…” he murmured as I nibbled at his neck, “come on, I have way less strength than you…no n-never mind k-keep doing that…”

Nick then decided to take charge and before I knew it, he was on top of me. My chest moved up and down rapidly as I my breathing grew shallow. Nick’s intense brown eyes met mine, causing me to blush. I watched him check out my body before returning to my eyes with a smirk and a cocked brow. It was astonishing how the tables could turn so quickly. Nick surprisingly leaned down to kiss me, but instead landing on my neck. I felt his smooth, soft lips leave a gentle wet imprint in multiple places until he landed on my earlobe. I knew he would tease me so because it was my weakness. He sucked and flicked it with his tongue, finally biting it softly, causing me to get even hotter. I moaned softy, wanting him even more.

I couldn’t believe how much of a tease Nick really was because I just wanted to feel his tongue against mine and it seemed like an impossible task. He chuckled softly as he caressed my body, focusing on my most sensitive areas such as my thighs, behind my knees and any other area he decided he liked.

“Your skin is so irresistible,” he whispered, “You have no idea how attractive you are to me right now.”

“Then show me,” I challenged Nick, “…show me just how much you want me.”

“Oh, one day…one day…I will, but not today…not now,” he promised, “you are such a bad influence on me. We’re not even dating and I’m all over you…”

“So, then let’s date…be with me Nick,” I demanded him.

He sighed, “Stevvie…it’s just not that simple…let’s just go on this date tonight and enjoy ourselves.”

“But, you want to be with me right?” I desperately asked, “You still want me don’t you?”

He smiled and kissed my neck softly. “Yes, I want to be with you…I will be with you…and yes, of course I will always want you. I’m addicted to you.”

I smiled in relief.

“I know you want us to be together already, but just be patient…just like you should be patient with our first kiss…and quit teasing me…I’m a weak, very sexually deprived…by choice of course…male with you. I’ve never had this problem with other girls, and I know you like to be affectionate. But please, be careful with me…I know I’ll get carried away with you.”

I looked at Nick’s vulnerable eyes, realizing he was serious.

“Nick…I would never…” I assured him.

“I know you wouldn’t, but things change and at the rate we’re going…”

I sat up, understanding what he meant. I couldn’t help myself when it came to affection, I loved it.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I’ll be more careful…”

“I know you will…anyway, we’ll talk about that…subject later, okay?” he decided.

That subject wasn’t one either of us were enrolled in I was assuming.

“Okay…” I replied.

He smiled at me sympathetically before ruffling my hair and giving me a kiss on the forehead.

“I have to go to a phone conference with the bros…pick you up a seven?”

“I’ll be waiting,” I replied.

He fixed his hair in the mirror, grabbed his things and kissed me on the cheek one more time before leaving. Just kiss me on my damn lips why don’t you!

I sighed, slightly disappointed at how the morning ended.

Well that failed, I thought, I swear he’d better kiss me tonight or I am going to kiss him. Screw the dating game rules.

Randomly, Nick’s head popped in my room again.

“Oh yeah…you might want to take a look at your neck…”

He winked before disappearing once again. I frantically hopped from my bed to examine the damage he’d done. I immediately noticed it…bright red and still forming, a nice big hickey right in the middle on the right side of my neck. Nick had clearly marked me as his property where I could barely hide it. It really didn’t bother me until I realized my parents were coming over. My mom hated hickeys.

“Damn it Nicholas!” I cursed him while ran to my bathroom to find the right kind of concealer to attempt to hide it.

After five different combinations of concealer, foundation and powder, I gave up and decided to wear my badge of shame. I pulled my hair into a side bun to hide it, but it didn’t do much.

“There goes my allowance raise,” I muttered as I opened the door when it rang.

I greeted my parents with smiles and hugs.

“Hi darling, “Todd stated happily, “anything happen recently that you want to tell your rents about?”
“No we’re nothing together yet Todd, but we have a date tonight and I think he’s going to ask me,” I updated them.

“Oh honey, I’m so happy for you,” my mom gushed as she pulled me into a hug. Of course she picked the side with the massive hickey. As we were letting go she stopped, and I knew I was dead. I prayed to God that she didn’t notice even though without fail, she always did.
“Hm,” she said, slowly removing my side ponytail. “What is this? I thought you said you and Nick weren’t together? He gave you a hickey? Stephanie, you know how I feel about them…Nick did this right? So, you guys have made-out? Why does this looks new? I thought Nick was too much of a gentleman to leave such a thing.”

“Mom, mom, mom…” I slowed her down, “I can explain. You can blame Nicholas…he did it after all. We’re not together and we haven’t made-out…technically…do I really have to explain myself? I am eighteen for God’s sake if I get a hickey from a boy then I get a hickey. It’s Nick remember? You like him. He was showing me how much he liked me and got a little carried away. It will go away it a few days.”

She narrowed her eyes at me and then the hickey and back at me. “Todd, I think you need to talk to that boy again.”

Todd looked up from playing with Prince. He wasn’t even paying attention nor did he care that I had a hickey.

“Wha…ooh…my little girl has herself a love bite! Whoo!” he cheered when he noticed, causing me to laugh. “Looks like the Nickster just claimed his property and moved right on in! Look out world, this girl’s taken! Man, look at that thing and that boy said he wasn’t a suck up! You’re not going to be able to hide that thing for awhile.”

“Todd!” my mom and I both exclaimed.

“Todd, you shouldn’t be supporting this. hickeys make you look trashy and immature. You are a young, classy woman now. I don’t approve of this.”

“Oh come on Mom!” Todd and I both groaned.

“Baby, it’s just an innocent hickey. They didn’t do anything wrong. I used to give you them all the time remember?”

Jennifer looked away, avoiding his questions and revealing her guilty past.

“Ah ha! See Jennifer, you’re not so innocent either!” I accused her.

My mother just simply rolled her eyes at me and pulled me by the arm.

“Let’s just get that covered up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler chapter...there might be a couple so I can have more time to write, but this chapter has a lot of foreshadowing for the sequel :DD :l
(That subject<---when that appears in the plot of sequel its going to be fun to write. lol)
Man, I'm sorry you guys are BEGGING for them to kiss already. Well, there might...just maybe...be that kiss in the next chapter...maybe? who knows ;)
guess who's back to making banners? Muah!
Tell me what you think guise!! :D