Sequel: Chasing our Fate

You Can't Fight Fate

Questions?

“Stevvie…,” Nick stated, “So, you know how I feel about you by now.”

He took my hands into his and smiled shyly.

“Hmm…I’ve got a pretty good idea, but I think you should tell me,” I challenged him.

With a sly smile, and roll of the eyes and a sigh, he gazed into my eyes.

“Your dad warned me that you would be a hand full…now I believe it,” he muttered.

“I guess you’ll never get bored,” I replied sweetly. I knew I was a handful. I was an heiress what did you expect?

“You’re lucky I’m competitive,” he smirked, “Anyway, I really…really like you Stevvie.”

“And…” I urged him to continue.

“…and, I want to have a more serious relationship with you.”

Score! My heart soared at the words he spoke.

“But, there’s a few things that we need to talk about and you need to hear first.

I watched Nick’s face turn from laid-back to his business face as he scratched the back of his hair before starting.

“Stevvie…there’s no way to sugar coat what I’m about to say, but just know that I care about you a lot okay?”

I slowly nodded, suddenly feeling shy and nervous.

“Being in a relationship with me won’t be easy. You know, other aspects of my life are going to get in the way and stand between us. It will also and always be long-distance, there’s no way to avoid that. I know you had problems with your dad being gone and I can’t lie and say that I’m not worried that you’re going to be the same with me, because I am. I may even be gone longer than him. I may be here for college…for now, but you have to remember that I already have my career set. College isn’t a main priority. I have fans, they have their demands, and I have to be there to meet them. I love my fans and I miss them. My music and my fans will come first, and I think you can understand that,” Nick explained, “You know people are going to talk…they already are and I see you’ve been becoming quite the celebrity with our fans. They love you and I’m glad…one of the main reasons I kept my relationships private was because I knew the fans would have something to say…they always do. It’s not going to get any better as our relationship grows because the more we’re spotted, the more we’re talked about. I can’t help it, I’m sure you’ve noticed too. Keeping our relationship a secret, I know will be hard. You can’t really trust who you’re around these days and since you’re going to be put in the spotlight more than I know you probably would like, just remember that. Lastly, our communication…I love that fact that I can take a ten-minute drive to your house and spend the whole day with you, but it won’t always be like that. I know you hate planes and I practically live in them, but I’d want you around. I know it may seem like a lot, but I can promise you that I will try to be the best boyfriend I can. I really want to make you happy and to be with you.”

The realization of what it meant to be in a relationship with Nick hit me, hard. He looked at me with pleading eyes and made sure I was okay. I simply looked away, deep in thought. Did I really want to put myself through that? Could I even handle him being away? How does Dani and Jess put up with it? The relationship I had dreamed of had been severely dampened. This one had rules and guidelines that I was scared I wouldn’t be able to live up to.

“Stevvie…” Nick murmured.

I hesitated to meet his gaze, but gave in and met his chocolate brown eyes. Nick’s eyes softened as he smiled gently at me with his crooked, adorable lips. He dropped his eyes to our hands. He continued to fiddle with a ring I always wore on my left ring finger from my grandmother.

“Nick…that’s a lot to take in,” I replied honestly. He nodded his head slowly, agreeing with my statement. “I guess I never actually thought about what it meant to be in a relationship with you.”

“Well, before you answer, know this…I am crazy about you. So crazy that I would go up and flirt with you the day I met you. You’re like my angel…when you’re around, everything just feels right. Ever since I’ve met you, I have written the best songs I have ever written. With you, I can be myself or be stupid and make mistakes, but I know you won’t judge me and tear me down because of it. I strive to be a better man because you’re always trying to be a better woman. I never thought I’d meet someone with the same passion for music like I do, but you do and it makes me want to be a better musician. You’ve shown me that it’s okay to mess up and it’s okay to be vulnerable. I get so amazed at how you easily and confidently express how you feel. You’re strong enough to hold your heart on your sleeve and it makes me what to be stronger with myself. The way you do what you want and voice your opinion inspires me. Especially, when it comes to your body…You’re so comfortable with yourself and your body and it shows from the inside out. I feel like I can loosen up around you, joke, and play. You’re so unbiased and just optimistic and I love it because it simplifies everything. I could go on if you wanted me to…but…Stevvie, I like you and that is a simple fact. So...will you be my girlfriend?”

I took a deep breath and digested everything he had said. I looked out of the window and back at Nick’s pleading face. I could see people with large cameras in their front seats waiting for Nick to leave and my car a few spots down from them. My choices were clearly displayed in front of me, but which was the right one? I could run now and just avoid the paparazzi, leaving behind perhaps the love of my life or commit myself and give up even more of my privacy than I already did. People say just listen to your heart, but they never said it was going to be easy.

I gulped slowly, parted my lips and let my answer fall out of my lips. Boy, did I hope it was the right one…
♠ ♠ ♠
CLIFF HANGER!!!
>:] what did she say?? hmmm.
This chapter was short sorry. :/
I have worse news though...its spring break and I'm going out of town so...I'll see you guys next monday...

SORRY! ILOVEYOU,BBS! miss you <3 :)