Sequel: Chasing our Fate

You Can't Fight Fate

Perfectly imperfect

I sat quietly on the couch, waiting for Nick to return. You could still hear the deep bass thumping and the crowd screaming as loud as ever even from his dressing room. A tray of half-eaten fruit, crackers and cheese set on the small coffee colored table, along with Nick’s favorite fedora and leather jacket. I picked it up and put it to my nose, inhaling Nick’s baby-like scent. A smile appeared on my face and a small check fell from my lips as I noted that most of my stuff now smelled like him. He practically lived in my apartment since we nearly spent all day together.

To pass the time, I fiddled with the silver and red logoed VIP pass that I had the honor of owning. It hung loosely around my neck on a felt necklace. If I didn’t have it securely on me, I could have easily been mistaken for a groupie that had just snuck backstage. But, I was allowed backstage and owned the pass that only really special friends and family had. Only, I was more than just a friend…I was Nick Jonas’ girlfriend.

Yep, I went for it and now I can proudly say (in the words of Nick chicks around the world) that I am so going to marry Nick Jonas. He was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I never thought anyone could feel this in love in only a month, but I was. I never experienced that head over heels, sleepless, uncontrollable love until now and I loved it.

Moments later, the door burst open and a very sweaty (yet, surprisingly sexy looking) certain rock star appeared. His normally tamed hair was a wild frizzy mess and sweat dripped down the sides of his face, but he still had a toothy, excited smile on his face.

“Come here you!” he jogged over to me. In a quick motion, his arms wrapped around my waist and I was pulled into a deep, wet, and sloppy kiss. His hands ran over my body as he sucked crazily, ending our kiss with a loud smack and a sigh. A childlike giggle slipped form my lips unintentionally as a reaction to the unexpected kiss. I covered my mouth in embarrassment as Nick rocked us.

Nick let out a low moan, looking me up and down flirtatiously with a eyebrow cocked. He bit his lip as he shook his head, causing me to blush. These days he didn’t hold back on how much he was into to me, obviously.

“I love you baby!” he blurted, “I have to go, we’re doing another encore. Hey, you and me dinner tonight!”

Before I knew it, he was gone once again. My mouth dropped at the realization of what he just said. He just told me he loved me for the first time. I quickly ran to the side stage where Mr. and Mrs. Jonas watched Nick perform “Who I am”, a classic Nick J song.

“I don’t know what he had to make him so hyper, but this is the most hyper I’ve seen him on stage in awhile!” Mr. Jonas noted.

“He’s on fire tonight!” Mrs. Jonas agreed, “Stevvie what did you do to him?”

“Nothing!” I laughed as I answered, “And if I was the cause of it, then I had no control!”

Nick hopped around the stage, encouraging the crowd to get even more hyped up than it already was.

“Come on now! Sing it out everybody!” he yelled, “Ya’ll are beautiful!”

I watched him in amazement, mesmerized by how excited he was. Nick stopped singing and surprisingly, put down his guitar, but the crowd continued to sing the song perfectly to only the background music. He ran his hand through his hair, before deciding to try to touch as many fans’ hands in the crowd as possible, reaching over the first and second rows, exposing his tiny happy trail and lower abs to the lucky fans underneath him. I laughed as the girls screamed as they took the opportunity to touch his stomach as much as possible.

They were so going to brag about that later! I don’t even think Nick really noticed because he still had a wide, toothy smile on his face. This was the most hyper I had seen Nick since knowing him.

“I know somebody loves me…for who I am,” he finally sang, changing the lyrics to refer to me on the last line.

Mrs. J bumped my hip playfully, teasing me about the last line. First, he performs” Olive and an Arrow”, saying that a beautiful thing can come out of something as simple as a song. Then he performs another new song called “forever and a day”, a song we wrote together, telling the crowd he wrote this song with someone he truly hoped he knows for forever and that she was very special to his heart and now his does this. Oh, if that doesn’t scream he had a girlfriend, I don’t know what did.

“Thank you all so much for coming out and spending your Valentine’s Day with me!” he told the crowd, “Once again, I’m Nick Jonas and these guys behind me are the Administration! I hope I made your Valentine’s Day awesome because I know I had an amazing time being your Valentine! Goodnight and happy Valentine’s Day!”

In a split decision at two in the morning a few weeks ago, both Nick and I decided it would be awesome if he did a special Valentine’s Day show for the Chicago fans and in less than tree days, promotions were already up for it. When it went on presale and sale, it sold out in less than three minutes. The funny part was that most of the people were students from our college trying to get tickets. At the show, he passed out roses of all colors and had everyone receive a Valentine’s Day card as they entered the place.

On some of them he signed his signature, giving them access to meet him after the show. It was the sweetest thing he could do for the fans and I was more than happy to share my one month anniversary/Valentine’s day with the fans. I helped Nick decide what songs he would perform to make it extra romantic.

He touched the crowd’s hands before running off the stage for the final time. I followed Nick’s parents to the common area backstage that the family, friends, band, and crew hung out at. My family greeted us with smiles and hugs; all we could talk about was Nicks amazing performance. I could tell when Nick entered because the crowd’s noise level rose ten-fold with clapping and “whoops”. Lots of “congratulations” and “good to have you back,” were thrown around, along with shy and low thank yous form Nick. Laughter and Chatter swelled the tight space, causing me to get slightly uncomfortable. I wasn’t very fond of crowds. I was blocked from seeing Nick because of the mass of bodies who were all trying to get to him also. I hovered near my mother and Mrs. D and avoided being in the traffic flow of incoming and going people. I could hear the crew already yelling out directions to tear down the stage and pack up.

Moments later, Nick finally emerged, surprising me by squeezing my sides. I squealed in astonishment, but giggled after I realized it could only be Nick. He had a shy, toothy smile on his face as he looked down at me. I couldn’t help but laugh at the adorable wet curl that hung down the center of his face. He had a towel wrapped around the back of his neck and his white v-neck was soaked in sweat.

“Ew! You’re sweaty Nicholas!” I complained, stepping away from his grasp. He smirked and pulled my into a tight hug, causing me to grimace. Hot or not, sweat is still sweat. I struggled to get out of his grasp until he finally let go, giving me a kiss on the cheek and saying that he loved me again. I didn’t say it back, and I didn’t think he minded it. If he did, then he wouldn’t be as casual as he is about it.

“Nick! My man! Hey, we need to talk, call me up so we can lay down some tracks sometime! By the way, forever in a day-genius!” a man I didn’t know called out, giving Nick a hard handshake. The man was a tall, skinny black guy with a cool looking goatee.

“Totally man!” Nick agreed, he slipped his hand into to mine, “Oh yeah, you should meet my co-writer, Stevvie. She helped me with that song.”

“Marc Rodgers, I’m a song writer. Actually…I think we’ve met before…way back in the day,” he stated towards me as his shook my hand, “Your father had me help Nathaniel on his first album many years ago. You were only like three.”

“No way! You know Todd Jameson too!” Nick exclaimed, “This is such a small world.”

“He and I are old friends man!” Marc replied, “Yeah…back in the day…good times.”

“It’s crazy that my girlfriend’s dad is friends with one of my favorite lyricist to work with,” Nick pointed out.

“So you two are together!” Marc confirmed, noting our hands intertwined, “I thought so.”

“Yep, she’s my girlfriend,” Nick stated proudly, holding up our hands.

Marc and Nick finished their conversation and soon Nick moved on to another person and then another and then another…apparently it’s just like reunion for many of these guys. I had officially been thrust into Nick’s very different world. Nick was the most social person ever to the widest range of people. He enjoyed talking to each of them too. I took the background, serving almost as if I were just Nick’s eye candy, holding on to his arm and following him everywhere. I made occasional comments but overall, I was quiet. I wasn’t used to regular people being so interested in me until now. They mostly said the same things: “She’s a catch!”, “you two seem very happy!”, “You guys are so cute together!”, and my favorite, “Our little Nick has a girlfriend! He’s SO grown up!”

<->

“So, do you still want to go out tonight?” Nick asked from my bathroom. We had returned from the chaotic night at the Rosemont to spend the last remaining hours of Valentine ’s Day together. There was an after party at the bowling alley, but nick insisted we have some alone time.

I yawned before answering; my feet were killing me from the five-inch heels I was wearing.

“No baby that’s okay, we can go out some other time, you’re probably tired,” I replied.

Nick emerged from a wall of steam in a clean white v-neck, plaid pajama bottoms and wet curly hair. He flopped on my bed once again and lied back.

“I may possibly be crashing just a little…,” he murmured and yawned.

I curled up next to him and giggled at how adorably childlike Nick could sometimes be. He smelled like apricots and chocolate to my surprise. He must have used my body wash because his ran out. Nick sighed and pulled me on top of him so that I straddled him.

“You are the most amazing girlfriend for sharing Valentines Day with all those fans, they really liked it,” he murmured as he caressed my thighs.

I shrugged, “I have you any other time, and I can share.”

Nick chuckled, propping himself up by the elbows. I leaned down to meet his soft pick lips with a smile. He caressed my cheek softly as I held my lips to his to cherish the intimate moment. These were the times that I wanted to remember when I was eighty years old. He moved his lips oh so slightly, stimulating my senses and took in more of my bottom lip. With each movement, he sent waves of electricity through my body. He tightened his lips and relaxed them as he moved the kiss forward. He ran his hands up and down my back, landing on the small of it. I loved the sensual side of Nick that only few people had ever gotten to see. He was vulnerable, and his emotions were completely exposed. With each kiss, I grew with Nick, both psychically and emotionally. Finally, I felt Nick’s tongue on my lips. I eagerly opened my lips to let him explore my mouth. I ran my tongue over his teeth, stopping on the little crooked canine tooth I loved. He moved my tongue away from it to play with my tongue and moved to my cheek. He breathed into me, letting out a low chuckle. I pulled away gently to breath, only to have him bite my lower lip, sucking gently.

“I love you Stevvie,” Nick murmured.

I looked him in the eyes as I sat up. He propped himself up again, caressing my thighs once again.

“I don’t want you to say it until you’re ready okay?” he stated.

I nodded my head, removing a piece of hair from my face. I understood what he meant and why he was so casual about it. Nick wasn’t the kind of guy to make a big deal out of things and neither was I. Saying “I love you” was a pretty big deal, but nothing to be dramatic over.

“Look at the time…”I instructed him.

“Why?” he asked as he lied back and grabbed his watch off my nightstand, “It’s eleven fourteen.”

“Because...you’ll have to remember it…”I stated, taking his hands into mine, “It’s the exact time I tell you that I’m in love with you too.”

“Perfection…the world is officially perfect because you said that and because I can do this” he stated as he smiled. He pressed his lips to mine with a smile.

“Not even close,” I denied.

“It's perfectly imperfect then, like you and I love you for it.”

A mischievous smile slipped from his lips as he attached his lips to mine once again. I propped myself closer to his soft,crooked lips and explored his mouth once again. The familiar taste of his mouth and tongue hypnotized me. I couldn't resist running my hands through his almost dry curls and down his rock-hard chest. I stopped at his heart to feel it beating soft and steadily. It sped up to a much faster pace when I shifted my weight to his pelvic area. He pulled away to release a pent up moan as I began to nibble on his neck.

The sexual tension between us had grow quicker than I intended, and Nick was totally enveloped in it. I felt his hands creep up my baby-doll top to my surprise. His slightly calloused hands swept slowly over my stomach, causing the area to tingle with each touch. The next thing I knew, he was gently counting each rib with his fingers all while distracting me with his tantalizing tongue action. Soon, I felt a rush of different hormones, along with the strong emotions I had already felt towards Nick, making it all too much for me. I pressed my body against his, craving him even more than before. Nick could tease me for hours on end without any effort. When I bit his bottom lip, he let out a low "unf" and kissed me deeper.

Without me even thinking, my hands immediately went to his pants. I fiddled with the strings of them until I realized what I was doing and specifically who I was with. I quickly came to my senses and removed my hands. I could tell Nick didn't even realize because he just continued to mess with my bra straps. He kissed my neck and slid my straps off my shoulders. His lips attached to my shoulder as he pulled himself closer to me. He shifted his pevic area from under me, signaling that I should soon cut him off. His breathing was ragged as he attacked my neck and shoulder with wet, sloppy kisses. I removed myself from straddling him, put my straps back on and cooed to Nick to calm him down.

Nick was right when he said he had little control when it came to me. It was easy for him to get carried away during our steamy make out sessions, and though he didn't tell me, I knew he relied on me to catch him. I had no idea how Nick could hold out on sex for so long, I didn't. Actually Nick was the only virgin left out of the gang, but I wasn't sure if Nick even knew if I wasn't. It didn't matter though, sex wasn't why I was in love with him or why I was with him. I was as happy as I've ever been. Now, if i could only hold his hand in public, everything would be perfect. But, who said I wanted perfect right?

"When we say the word love, it is not about whom you can see yourself with; love is about whom you can't see yourself without."-unknown
♠ ♠ ♠
SURPRISE! So, I thought I wouldn't have time to update, but i felt really guilty leaving you guys like that. So, I hope this chapter makes up for it :)

OMG! JEMI! I was so excited that they actually happened, yet I felt really awkward, but I so happy for Joe! But, I'm scared for if they break up. :l your thoughts on JEMI? how about this chapter? :)