Sequel: Chasing our Fate

You Can't Fight Fate

Paintballs

-March 1st-

Nick peaked around the giant haystack he was hidden behind. He could hear his teammates and the opposing team, yelling if they had been hit or not.

"President…come in Mr. President! Where’s your position?” Storm’s voice rang through his headset.

“On the north side of the Haystack region, right in front of the trashcans,” He whispered, “I’m stuck here because I’m out of ammo.”

“Roger, I’m coming your way. Make sure my path is clear!”

Nick narrowed his eyes, observing what he could see from behind the haystack. Seconds later, he found Storm sprinting towards him in his heavy military uniform.

“Hey! How did you run out of ammo? I have four tubes left still,” He asked as he gave Nick a tube of blue paintballs.

“Maybe because I actually shot at people Storm,” Nick replied. He refilled his gun with the tiny balls, looking around to make sure their position wasn’t blown.

“Well, I can’t aim! It’s not my fault. Plus, Stevvie shoots everybody anyway,” he complained.

Nick smirked, impressed with his girlfriend’s skillfulness at paintball. She was exceptionally good at it given that she had been playing since she was nine.

Storm removed his mask and neck protector. Even though it was a cool forty degrees, his black straight hair stuck to his skin. The wind blew steadily, making the game even more difficult. Nick pulled his mask off to breath, removing his gloves too.

“So, Todd and the twins are stationed on the south-side for now, Stevvie is on the west-side somewhere…I’m not sure. We’ll be able to win if we take out Todd, he’s are biggest threat. So, when you see him, shoot as many times as possible. Got it?” He strategized, “Stevvie said if he finds us again, we’re dead.”

Storm groaned as he piled back on the heavy protective face gear. Grabbing his gun, he ran for another haystack.

Nick followed him as they ran past barriers in a zigzag formation. Metal trashcans, Piles of haystacks and towers of old tires served as their protection. Stevvie, Nick and Storm were all on the same team against Todd, her little brothers, and Nick’s best friend Phil Benson.

“Ah, the zigzag approach…amateurs!” They both heard Todd yell from an unknown location.
Before Nick and Storm could even find him, red paint balls torpedoed towards them form every direction until they could wipe a thick layer off their masks. Nick winced at the sharp sting he felt on his thigh, knowing he would have a nice bruise from it.

“Mr. President, Mr. Nguyen, I believe that makes you out,” Todd decided cockily. He was propped on top of a mountainous pile of old tires.

Storm and Nick sunk down in the deep mud. They looked like mud covered GI-Joes because of the heavy military uniforms they were wearing and the fact that it rained just hours before they started their paintball game.

Nick pulled off his mask and headgear violently, upset that he had lost. Nick Jonas doesn’t lose. He threw the mask in the mud and kicked the ground harshly. He shook his head and exited the field, slightly irritated.

“Don’t worry babe,” Stevvie whispered through his headset, “Todd won’t be gloating for long.”

Nick smiled, remembering that Stevvie was still very in the game. He knew she could win the game for them.

“Now, to find that bonehead of a daughter…”

“Well…you sure are a lot of talk and no action!” Stevvie yelled, “If I were you, I’d be running OLD man!”

Todd ducked down, but not fast enough for Stevvie’s stealth like shots to hit him in the legs. Stevvie’s signature purple paint decorated him.

Nick cheered and fist-pumped, happy that Todd was taken down.

“Stephanie Paige Jameson!” Todd shouted as he ran for cover.

Stevvie laughed as she ran into a tunnel, quickly refilling her paintball gun. Nick cheered as he watched his girlfriend run in quick sprints, dodging Todd’s desperate shots. She headed behind a haystack, and then behind a trashcan and finally, she decided that in order to beat Todd, she would have to be more clever. Everyone was out except Todd and Stevvie, she had one shot until she would be counted out and Todd had two. It was father against daughter, master against student. Stevvie looked around herself in a panic. Then, she quickly remembered one thing her dad made sure she knew…always use your surroundings as an advantage to you.

Once Stevvie was in her position in the tree she had easily climbed, she propped her gun up. Todd held his gun in the shooting position nearly ten feet from the tree, completely unaware of Stevvie. With a sly smirk, she pulled the trigger. Immediately, Todd’s back received an explosion of purple paint. Seconds later, he received yet another one.

“Mr. bajilionaire you, I believe are out!” Stevvie shouted, effortlessly swinging down from the branches. You can never take the tomboy out of a girl, especially as big of a tomboy that Stevvie was.

Todd’s jaw dropped at the actualization that his own daughter beat him.

“Looks like the king has been dethroned,” She pointed out mockingly, “I think its time for a new queen to step in.”

Todd pulled off his helmet and raised his hands in defeat.

“Fine…fine…fine…I’ll admit it. You guys won!”

Stevvie pulled off her mask, revealing her sweat and mud stained face. Her hair was pulled into a tight bun piled on the top of her head. You couldn’t even tell that she was a girl from the heavy camouflage outfit and military boots she was wearing.

“Oh you can’t tell me you didn’t see this coming Todd? I said it would happen one day!” She replied.

“Well, you did learn form the best…” he pointed out as they gathered their stuff together. Nick and the other guys joined them. They all talked loudly amongst themselves about why Stevvie’s team won and what they wanted for dinner. On their way out, a crowd of about fifteen to twenty paparazzi greeted them with shouts and large cameras.

“How do they find you?” Stevvie asked in Nick’s ear. He shrugged and shook his head, leading the pack through the parking lot. Stevvie trailed right behind with a tight grip on his satchel, trying to avoid running into one of the paparazzi. Her hair was braided into two wet ponytails, she wore a pair of loose baggy jeans, a hooded sweatshirt, her favorite pair of Nike sneakers and a baseball cap wore backwards. A top her nose was a pair of mirrored Aviator shades, reflecting the faces of the men. Stevvie smiled shyly and ignored the questions they asked.

“What’s up Nick! Nick Jonas! Is that Stevvie? Why is she hiding? You guys make a great couple!” they continued on.

Nick gave the people a shy smile and a wave, not hesitating to walk right in front of them. They moved like there was an invisible force field around the family. He adjusted his satchel on his arm and opened his mustang door for Stevvie. Storm and Phil piled in the back. Todd and the twins hopped into his black SUV.

Nick muttered something funny under his breath as they pulled out, causing Stevvie to laugh.

“I think they put a GPS on my car or something,” Nick conspired, “Oh well, they’ll probably think I’m hanging out with a group of guys anyway.”

“Hey, you’re lucky I don’t dress like this all the time anymore…” she warned, “I will…”

“I’d rather you not baby, I actually enjoy your legs,” he replied.

Soon, they were away from the paparazzi and on their way to Giordano’s for some real pizza. He was convinced that New York style was the best, the Jamesons were revolted. As much as they loved New York, they were positive that Chicago was the master of pizza. New York may have started pizza, but Chicago perfected it.

“Deep dish! Deep dish!” Adrian and Alex fist pumped as they entered the restaurant.

Before Nick could testify, Stevvie stopped him.

“Baby, I’d shut your mouth before you get us kicked out or beat up. You don’t mess with Chicagoans and their pizza.”

“Can I mess with Chicagoans and their accents?” he teased.

“I don’t have and accent…” Stevvie replied, confused.

Nick laughed. “Are you kidding me? You have a Chicago accent.”

“What accent?” She asked.

“Where do you live?” he asked as they sat at their table.

“Chicago…”

“See! You say Chi-CAH-go not Chicago. Say the bears or the Jonas brothers.”

Stevvie sighed and repeated him, causing Nick to laugh once again.

“You say DA Bears and DA Jonas Brothers. It’s cute though. It was the first thing I noticed about you. Now say sausage and job or jacket.”

Stevvie pouted and crossed her arms. “No, you’re going to make fun of me.”

“Come on baby, I love your accent. Please…”

“Mmmm….fine.” She gave in and recited the words he wanted to. Nick laughed at each one while Adrian and Alex sword fought with straws. Todd sat back and had a conversation with Storm and Phil about their intense game of paintball.

“You say sAHsage and jAHb and jEAcket,” he explained, “there’s nothing wrong with it. I love Chicago accents.”

“Well, you have a country accent mister,” Stevvie mocked him jokingly.

Nick raised an eyebrow at her, “No…I have an accent…not an AEccent.”

“I’m never going to win at this…,” she muttered with another sigh.

“You’re never going to win at this or DISS…sorry you totally set yourself up for that baby.”

Nick just laughed and pulled her in for a kiss on the forehead. She smiled, happy he was so affectionate and instantly got over her growing irritation with him. They enjoyed their pizza and finally got Nick to admit that Chicago was not the best but as good as New York style. While they were leaving, paparazzi caught them once again. Stevvie found that the more and more that she experienced the paps, the easier it was and she loosened up, not caring about what they say or do. She was all smiles as they entered his car once again because they kept their conversation about what Nick would do to take over the world.

<->

“Hey, I’m Ryan Seacrest.”

“And I’m Giuliana Rancic.”

“And we have your exclusive details on newest not so Hollywood couple, Nick Jonas and Stevvie Jameson. Though not confirmed by themselves yet, we have confirmations from numerous sources that this couple is definitely going strong. Since late January, the college sweethearts have been constantly together. Most recently, a seemingly boys day out with Stevvie’s father, billionaire Todd Jameson and her little brothers along with a couple of college friends unexpectedly turned into a date for the rock star. The lovebirds were all smiles as they exited the Paintball parking lot, obviously in love while managing though the crowd of Paparazzi, Stevvie was pictured having a tight hold on the baby JoBro’s satchel as he led her to safety. Being a gentleman, Nick opened her car door and even held her hand while she got in. Known for being shy, Stevvie was hidden away in the middle of the group, dressed a lot less casual than her usual girly attire and was actually dressed like one of the boys! She donned baggy jeans, sneakers and an over sized hoodie. The paparazzi weren’t even sure if it was Stevvie in the first place! Was she hiding on purpose?”

“Not so fast. Our E! News team did a little research and found these exclusive pictures of Nick’s rumored girlfriend way back in her high school days. In multiple pictures, she’s dressed similarly! We found out that the normally sleek and stylish darling was actually a tomboy.”

“I guess you can say old habits never die correct?” Giuliana asked Ryan.

“Correct! In my opinion, I can say that I prefer the skirts and dresses. She just looks too much like a boy and I think Nick would agree.”

“Well, I don’t know? I think she looks kind of cute with her pigtails.” Giuliana argued.

“You’re a girl of course you would,” Ryan replied.

“What will we see next for this college couple? We’ll just have to wait and see. Anything new can be found exclusively here on E! News!”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this chapter is a filler, kind of random. But I wrote it to show you the dynamics of their relationship. From their private life (last chapter), to their public life. The last chapters will be a little random. lol The finale is next :D I love it. But, there is a really long epilogue that will set up the sequel.

wow, 285 comments! :D:D you guys are amazing!!! Do you think we can make it a solid 300 by the end? :DD