Sequel: Chasing our Fate

You Can't Fight Fate

Queen Jealousy...or King?

“Totally, I mean why else would Mr. T eat my sister…” Stevvie joked with a group of guys in the school quad. All of the guys laughed at her jokes and continued to flirt with her.

I shook my head in disgust. I’m pretty sure I could guess the thought of half of those guys, and let’s just say they wouldn’t be able to be shown on Disney channel. I watched twenty feet away as Stevvie stood oblivious to her surroundings. I could tell those guys were competing for her, not just enjoying her company. Fed up with them, I walk up and joined the group.

“Nick!” she exclaimed to my delight. I pulled her into me by her hips and gave her a tight (boyfriendly) squeeze. I glared at each of the guys, giving them mental warnings that she was off limits.

“Hey,” I replied as I let her go, “what’s up?”

I leaned into her protectively. If these men were smart, they would get the picture. To men, a girl was like their property (respectively of course), you had to show your dominance when it came to inferior males. Women may have evolved, but men haven’t changed one bit.

“Oh I’m just killing some time before going home,” she replied.

I eyed each of the guys with a loaded smile, “these guys keeping you good company?”

Stevvie gave me a weird look before nodding.

“Good,” I replied as I shrugged her shoulder bag off, “Let me take this, it looks heavy.”
She looked up at me and smiled, “thanks babe.”

I smiled, satisfied at the one word I wanted to hear, “babe”. She called her closest family and friends “babe” all the time, I wasn’t necessarily special, but those guys didn’t know that.
I just listened in their conversation until Stevvie noticed a girlfriend of hers; leaving me with three people I wasn’t familiar with. The mood instantly changed with her departure.

“So, you that Jonas kid right?” The tall blond guy asked.

“Yeah,” I replied with a straight face, “and you are?”

He looked me up and down before sticking out his hand. “Adam….and that’s Chris and Jaz.”

He referred to the muscular black guy that stood next to him as Chris and Jaz was a slightly less muscular, brunette.

I shook their hands and introduced myself. After that we began the usual small talk, but still with the same testosterone driven intensity as before. All three guys were jocks, and were here because of it, they also had another thing in common, Stevvie.

“So what’s up with you and lil’ miss hottie body over there?” Jazz asked as he tilted his head over towards Stevvie.

“What Stevvie?” I asked innocently.

“Yeah…you her ‘babe’ now? Cause she sure did tell me she was single yesterday,” Chris added.

I let out a laugh before crossing my arms.

“Stevvie is…a very good friend,” I replied, extenuating the very part. I hoped that they would get the message they kept ignoring.

“You two only friends?” Adam asked in disbelief, “Come on man, you’d have to be as fag as that Eric kid in the fine arts department to only be friends with a girl that fine.”

My face harden at their way of talking about Stevvie and Eric, whether she was mine or not, no one talked that way about her…except me, and Eric was one the the coolest guys I had ever met, gay or not.

“Hey man, don’t talk about her like that,” I stated calmly, “…and yes, believe it or not, I can control my raging hormones and have an actual friendship with a beautiful girl besides my mom.”

“Funny Jonas, you may be gifted in being friends with a girl because that’s all you can be. What makes it worse is that you chose to be, when you could have any ass in the world,” he shot back condescendingly.

How original, rag on my purity ring.

“You know what I think is funny? The fact that even though I have morals, I’ve probably seen more action than the three of you combined,” I replied, lifting an eyebrow.

“Please, don’t kid yourself little boy. Unlike you, I’ve actually been with a woman,” he stated as he stepped closer to me, I couldn’t help but smirk at the fact that I was taller then him, “I know how to make a woman feel good, including you’re little girlfriend.”

I scoffed and stepped in his face. “Let me make something clear, you will never…never touch Stevvie…ever as long as I’m around.”

“Well, you’ll have to go please you’re little groupies sometime anyway, and when Stevvie’s all alone and depressed, Daddy will be there to make her feel better,” he stated confidently.
I laughed at his cheesiness. Daddy? Seriously?

“Let’s say that maybe in some other alternate universe where that would actually happen, you did. I would be the one to have to come in and do and better job than you could ever do. Besides, that would never happen so, I am happy to say that I am and will be the only guy to make Stevvie feel good,” I stated cockily.

Yeah, Nick Jonas can be dirty too.

“Screw you,” Adam weakly replied back.

“Stevvie’s got that covered,” I replied.

I could tell Adam was about to cuss me out or worse before Stevvie arrived to save the day.

“Hey guys, sorry about that,” she stated, “Ashley is totally wearing me out with her drama.”

“How are you feeling?” I asked innocently.

She shrugged. “Not so good, this day has just been stressful.”

“Well, how about I take you home and make you feel better?” I suggested.

“Yeah, that’d be nice. Thank you, Nicholas,” she replied as she started to head towards her car.

“Bye guys!” she waved to them, confused about their sudden mood change.

I smirked at them behind her back and followed her. I knew those guys wanted to jump me more than ever now, but my “get out of jail free card” was currently swaying her hips so temptingly towards her car, I was more than safe.

<->

“Hey Stevvie!” another guy yelled as he ran over to us.

“Oh, hey Carl!” She greeted him with a hug.

We greeted each other with a simple nod.

“So…I was wondering…you know t-there’s this concert a-at the amphitheater tonight…and I thought m-maybe you and I could go t-together.”

She smiled as she recalled the concert she hadn’t mentioned to me. “Oh actually I was looking for someone to go with…”

He leaned back on his feet nervously.

“She can’t go,” I replied for her impulsively. She gave me a confused look. “…because we’re going together.”

“We are?” she asked.

“Yeah,” I stated confidently as I slid my hand into hers, “I thought I told you…”

“Oh…well I see Nick already beat me to the punch line so…” Carl started as his eyes focused on our hands intertwined. Stevvie quickly removed her hand from mine and gave me an annoyed look.”…I’ll see you around Stevvie.”

“Yeah, I’-.” Stevvie started as Carl walked off.

I tried to hold back a smirk. Stevvie must have noticed because a moment later, I felt a sharp jab in my side.

“What the hell was that?” she snarled.

“What was what?” I asked innocently.

She glared at me. “Since when are we going to that concert tonight? You don’t even like classical music.”

Her chest slowly moved up and down, I could tell she was getting upset.

“Hey, I was just trying to save you from going on a date with Carl,” I defended.

“What’s wrong with Carl?” she asked, gaining attitude in her voice.

“The dude irons his socks, and he’s afraid to touch you,” I pointed out.

“Okay…so he’s OCD!” she stated, “he’s a nice guy that likes classical music!”

“It’s not like you would go out with him because you like him,” I muttered.

She narrowed her eyes at me. “I know what this is about…you’re jealous.”

“Oh please! How could I be jealous of him.” I scoffed.

“Well I don’t know! I was about to accept a date when I just turned you down a few days ago!” she replied sarcastically.

I turned around to let out a huff of air, now I was getting mad.

“You know I feel about you Stevvie,” I stated as I turned back around.

She rolled her eyes. “Yeah, and we already discussed that matter.”

I stepped closer to her. “No one said we were finished discussing it.”

“Well, I did. You are not my boyfriend so stay out of my love life. It’s none of your business who I date,” she replied.

“It may not be my business, but that won’t stop me from making it mine,” I replied to her, I searched her blue eyes for any sign of weakness. She was stone cold. Stevvie didn’t reply and walked off toward her car, I went to her side to open the door as usual only to have her blow me off and get in the front seat. I always drive.

“Get in or I’ll leave you,” she threatened me.

This whole falling in love with me thing was going to be harder than I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow, so this chapter is awkward...lol. I wrote this at 3 in the morning and yeah...never doing that again. =] super cheesy

anyone watch the JB special on E!?
it reminded me why I adore those boys so much.
ehh, another white Christmas for Chicago. My feet are cold now >.<
Merry Christmas everyone! and happy new year!
See you in 2010 :] or sooner...idk