You're Lookin' So Fly.

Whether You Know It or Not.

The leaves crunched underneath my feet. I kept walking, my camera clutched in my hands.

The most difficult thing about photography was finding something interesting to take pictures of. Difficult, yes. But it was what I loved.

When I moved to Colorado, I made a vow to myself. To start over, and be the person that I wanted to be. When I lived back at home, a lot of things happened. A lot of things that probably could have been easily avoided, but weren't.

Things happened to me that I would not like to relive. I've met people I probably shouldn't have, and I've seen things I could have gone my whole life without seeing.

So, I left.

I know, running away doesn't solve anything. But it's doing a damn good job. I left the one thing in my life that was screwing me up, and I started over.

I moved here, and started my photography. Mainly concert photography, sometimes other things. Like today, I was out on this running trail in the woods near by my house. I became a vegetarian as soon as I moved here, only because my parents didn't approve when I lived with them.

I dumped all my old wardrobe out, and bought new things. The clothing I always wanted to wear but was afraid of what people would think.

Here, I was myself. The person I'd been dying to be.

I was lost in my thoughts when I tripped over a foreign object, and stumble to the gravel path. My camera flew forward, and I winced when it hit the pavement.

"Oh my god," someone muttered. I saw someone out the corner of my eye toss something aside, and scramble towards me. "Are you okay?!" they shrieked.

I shrugged, reaching for my camera. I was more concerned for it's safety rather than my own. This thing was my baby, I could never let anything happen to it.

The person knelt down next to me, placing a hand on my shoulder, "Are you alright?" they asked. I glanced over, looking up at them.

"You're bleeding." the boy stated, looking down at me. He was extremely good looking, his shaggy brunette hair going in all directions. His outfit was very simple, a plain white tank top with a cardigan loosely thrown over it, and skinny jeans. What was unusual though, was his footwear. He had no shoes on, and he had a peace sign tattoo right on the top of his foot.

I stood up, dusting my jeans off and looking back up at the boy. "Just as long as this is okay," I held my camera up, "I'm totally fine. Thank you, though." I brushed my hair out of my eyes as he stood up, towering a few inches above me.

"Oh, okay then!" His voice was cheerful, almost uplifting. He held his hand out, "I'm Christofer!" he said. I took his hand, "Mikayla."

I looked behind him, where he was sitting previously, and saw a guitar tossed to the side. "You're a musician?" I asked. He looked behind him, then back at me, "Oh, yeah!" he said.

I nodded, "Well, I'm sorry to bother you. I'll just go now," I started walking off.

"Wait!"

I turned back around, and saw Christofer looking back at me. "Why don't you stay?" he asked. I shrugged, "I need to go."

He gave me a look, "What is so important that you can't take five minutes of your time to tell me what you think of this song?"

I sighed, "Fine." I said, sitting down next to him.

Here I was, sitting underneath a willow tree with a complete stranger while he sang to me.

His voice was beautiful. No guy I'd ever met could sing like this one could. I stood up, snapping a few photos of him while he sang. He smiled up at me, and continued singing. He seemed so into it, so dedicated.

I snapped the lens cap onto my camera, setting it down and plopping back down next to Christofer. "I don't think I've ever seen you around here before," he said, looking over at me.

"I just moved here," I told him, looking ahead at the scenery.

"Oh, from where?" he asked. "Virginia," I said. He nodded, "Virginia's cool." he said.

I shrugged, "It's okay. I probably wouldn't ever go back if it were up to me," I said.

He turned to me, a questioning look in his eyes. He didn't push it, though, which I appreciated. After a few moments of silence, I stood up, grabbing my camera.

"Um, I should probably go. It was nice talking to you, Christofer." I said. He stood up, "Can I get your number?" he asked, pulling out his cell phone. I nodded, switching phones with him.

"I'll see you around," I smiled before disappearing into the woods.
♠ ♠ ♠
Christofer Drew story (: This might be a short story, I'm not sure. I kind of want to see how this goes. Comment, rate (: Thanks!