Billie, Ever Think of Having a Daughter

DIX

I was at the dinning room table, when my cell phone rang. The caller I.D. read, 'Megan!!'.
"Hello?" I asked. At first, all I heard was sniffles.
"Mag, Charlie died."
"Oh my God! How?" I asked, trembling.
"He was driving home on that rainy night, and he's car tires spun out of control and he crashed into another car. He passed out from the impact, the cops said it was too late to save him." Megan explained.
"Wow, I'm so sorry," I said, getting teary eyed.
"I'm in so much shock, right now. My mom made me call everyone, because she is not taking this so well."
"Well, thanks for calling me. Megan, you know I am here for you. I went through it all with you, from boys and now this. I love you, bye."
"Ha. Thank you so much. Okay, bye." Megan said and hung up. I closed my phone and started to cry. Billie came in the room.
"Honey, what's wrong?" Billie said as he started to rub my back.
"Charlie, Megan's dad, was killed in a car crash yesterday. He was like a dad to me, after my real father left me. God, I can't believe he is gone." I said.
"It's okay. I'm here for you, I'll help you through this." Billie said and gave me kiss on the head.
"Thank you, Billie. You are going to my step-dad, I hope you will be there for me." I laughed a little. Billie just chuckled.
I went upstairs to go bed, as I was walking past my desk, I saw a picture of Megan, me, and Charlie all together sitting on a couch. I cried some more, and finally cried myself to sleep.
***
I woke up twelve. Billie came in my room and said I can skip school today, he called the school and told them I wouldn't be at school because of a family crisis. What a sweet future step-father! He was telling the truth. Yeah, he was Megan's dad, but he was my best friend. He felt like a Dad to me.
I went downstairs and I saw Billie.
"Hey, how are you feeling?"
"Um, okay now. I'm still upset." I said when I sat down across from him.
"Hungry?"
"No, that's okay."
"Hey, you received a phone call from Megan's Mom, she said the wake and funeral will be held later today."
"Wow, that fast?"
"That is what I said. She said she wants this to be over with."
"I see," I said.
I went back to my room to get ready for the wake and all that stuff. I was finally done, so Billie, my Mom, Sam and I left. When we got there, it was already crowded. I saw Megan and gave her the longest hug ever.
"Oh my God, I can't believe this!" She said when we departed.
"I know, like I said, if you need to talk or anything, I'm here for you."
"Thank you," She said. A few hours later, the funeral began.

"Hello, thank you for coming to this funeral for Charlie Ghostly. He was a brave man, a hard working man, and of course, a loving father. I would like to introduce, Megan first. He's only stepdaughter." The preacher said.
"Hello, my name is Megan," Megan said when she got up on the stage. "Charlie, as I called him, was a very loving man. He was there when I needed him the most. He was my best friend and step-dad. Nothing in this world will be the same now. Thank you," Megan said and walked off.

After we buried him, I walked up to Megan.
"Honey, I'm sorry. How about we get together and talk about all the good times we had with him? Okay? Of course, when you are ready." I said.
"Sounds good to me," She said and smiled.

[
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: SORRY IT'S KINDA SHORT!! I'LL FIX IT UP TOMORROW!!! WOO! KEEPS THOSE COMMENTS COMING!!!!!]