Billie, Ever Think of Having a Daughter

TREIZE

When I came home from school, I wasn't in the mood to do homework. So I sat on the couch and watched T.V. with Billie.
"What are watching?" I asked, as I sat down.
"Seinfeild. Care to join?" He asked.
"Yeah,"
We sat there and laughed at what Kramer was saying. During a commercial, I asked Billie something that came out of nowhere. Something I remembered what my mom told me when she said she met Billie.
"Why was Adrienne trying to kill you?" I asked. Billie gave me this blank stare.
"What the fuck did you just ask me?"
"I was just wondering,"
"How the Hell did you know that?"
"My mom told me the reason why you were in the hospital." I said so innocent.
"Oh, way back then."
"Yeah. But why did she do it? She seemed so nice,"
"I just don't want to talk about, okay?"
"I'm going to be your step-daughter, you should tell me your past."
"Why the fuck would I do that?"
"I don't know! You should be honest with me!" I yelled. "I don't want to find out the hard way!"
"Get out of here, bitch!"
"WHAT?!"
"You heard me! If you don't leave, I'm going to kill you!"
I just stood there, completely in shock. How could say something like that to me?
"But-"
"No buts, get out!" Billie yelled, raged with fury. I started to cry hysterically, everything seemed a big blur. I ran for the front door, opened it and when I felt the cold air hit my face, I ran until I hit Megan's house. Shit. No one is home. Go fucking figure. I ran to my very good neighbor's house, Annie, whom lived right by my house. I pounded on the door, screaming, 'Help! Help!'. I saw someone come.
"MAGGI! WHAT IS WRONG?" Annie said, in a worried voice.
"Billie was going to kill me." I said panting, crying, and cold.
"Get in here," Annie said. We sat at her table and she made me hot chocolate.
"Now, what is going on?"
"I asked Billie why his first wife wanted to kill him then, he just blew up. Can I stay with you for a while?"
"Ah. I see," Annie said. "I'm glad you came running here, but you know you have to go back. Face Billie."
"I know, I'm scared." Right when I said that, the doorbell rang.
"I'll get it," She said and went to the door.
"Yeah, she's in the kitchen." I overheard. Who could that be? I saw black hair.
"Hey," Billie said. I didn't look up.
"I'm terribly sorry for what I did. I didn't mean anything that I said, I don't think you are a bitch, or anything like that."
"Is that it?" I asked, coldly. Billie sat across from me. I looked him in the eye. I saw wetness at the rims of those emerald eyes.
"No, I wanted to tell you the story." I nodded. "Here is the thing, Adie thought I was cheating on her, of course, she had no proof. We got in this horrible fight, and we were outside, so everyone could see us. She punched me so hard that I feel, like nearly under the tire, that Adie started up the car. Before she could even get the car into reverse, the cops were there. That is why I blew up at you. It brought back these memories that I feel like burning.
Sorry."
"How did you find me, though?" I asked.
"I watched you run for your life, then I saw you came here."
"Thank you for telling me the truth. My question that I asked you, earlier, I guess it's been bothering me lately."
"How about we go home?"
"Sounds good to me," I thanked Annie and she told me she will always be here for anything like that.
***
I took a shower and joined Billie in bed. No we didn't do anything, I felt like laying with him.
"Can we forget about this?" I asked.
"Yeah, just don't bring this up around your mom."
"Okay," Billie gave me a kiss on the lips, we snuggled, and fell asleep.