Billie, Ever Think of Having a Daughter

VINGT-TROIS

We walked hand-in-hand to the movies.
"Um, you look really nice tonight," Scott said, to break the awkward silence.
"Thank you, same with you." I said, he was wearing his skater jeans and a black zip up hoodie. The same type of clothing he wears to school.
"So, what movie do you want to see?" I asked as we walked in the movie theater.
"Um, anything you want to see," Scott said. Of course, I go for the little kid movies, they are less violent and there are not a whole mess of sex scenes. We finally agreed on the Simpson's Movie.
When the movie started, Scott put his arm around the back of my seat, and I snuggled up to him, inhaling his Axe body spray. After the movie was over, my mouth hurt from so much laughing. We walked to Cold Stone Ice Cream Parlor, and both split a vanilla milkshake. Since we live in California, we walked to the ocean, and watched the sunset.
"Wow, it is so pretty." I said as I starred at the orange sky that looked like someone painted it.
"Yeah, it sure is," Scott said. We were sitting on this swinging bench thing and just talked about school, family, and friends.
"You know what," Scott said, I looked into those blue eyes.
"What?" I said.
"You are the only girl that I ever felt a real connection with. You are so funny, awesome and just plain beautiful." I smiled and we leaned into a wonderful kiss.
"This may be early to say this, but I love you," Scott said after we departed.
"Aw. I love you, too." We went back to kissing. It was getting dark, and we took our good time home. When we got to my front door, Scott looked in my eyes and said, "This is the most wonderful date that I have ever been on. Want to do it again soon?"
"Of course," I said and put my arms around his neck and we made out, until the front porch light started to flicker on and off. We stopped making out and started to laugh.
"Well, see you at school on Monday?" I said.
"Yeah," He gave me a quick kiss, and ran home.
I opened the door and Billie and Mom were sitting on the couch, watching TV.
"How was it?" Mom asked.
"Nice," I said and ran up to my room and called Megs.
"Hello?" She asked when she answered.
"It's me, dumb -bo." I said.
"Oh, hey, what's up?"
"I just went on this wonderful date with Scott." I said smiling to myself as I crashed on my bed.
"Oh, tell me all about it!" She said.
"Okay, first we walked hand-in-hand to the movie, then bought ice cream, then watched the sunset, then we made out for a while. Oh my God, it was perfect!"
"You are so lucky to go on a date with Scott! Every girl would die to be you."
"I know, and he said I was the most wonderful girl he ever met, and, get this, he said I was just plain beautiful!"
"Fuck. Maggi. You get all the hot guys!" Megan said in her jealous voice.
"I know," I heard a knock on the door. "Whoop. Someone is at my bedroom door. Got to go!"
"Bye, Maggi!" Megan said and hung up and then I hung up as I was walking towards my door.
"Hey," I said. It was Billie, he had something behind his back.
"Can I come in?"
"Sure," We sat on my bed and he gave me this box.
"AHH! It's a Sidekick!" I said, as I stood up, jumping up and down.
"Wait, what is this for?" I suddenly stopped and asked.
"Because I love you," Billie said, and smiled.
"You aren't trying to win me back, right?"
"Of course not,"
"Okay, because I really love you and Scott, but I have to go with Scott, he's my age."
"I know, baby."
"Okay, good. I love you," I said and gave Billie a kiss. He left and I started to play with my new phone. But, I kept thinking, why would Billie buy me something like this? What did I do?

comments?