Billie, Ever Think of Having a Daughter

SIX

~TWO MONTHS LATER~
I woke up and took a nice long shower. I went into my room and dressed. Then, I went down stairs for something to eat. I saw Billie and my Mom talking.
I made a waffle with butter and jelly, and sat down and ate it. I took my good time because I had a few minutes before school started. I said bye to everyone and left for Pinole High.

"Maggi!" Megan said in a sing-song tone.
"Yes?" I said as I closed my locker, which was filled with Green Day and My Chemical Romance pictures.
"I want you to meet, Zach. He is a good friend of mine, and he wanted to ask you something."
"Yeah?" I asked as calmly as I could. Zach is like the most popular punk in the school and the cutest guy ever! All the punks want to be like him. Don't ask why. Plus, I have this major crush on him.
"Um," Zach said as Megan ran off for first period. Thanks, Megan! Some friend. She knows how much I like him.
"Um, I wanted to know if you wanted to go out sometime?" I froze. Did he just ask me THAT?!
"YES!" I blurted out. I quickly put my hand over my mouth.
"Ha. Great. Are you busy on Friday night?"
"Um, no." I said, practically stuttering.
"Okay, since we have first period together, want to walk with me?" I nodded my head.
We walked together, some of the punk girls gave me this nasty look when they walked by. But whatever, I'm going out with the most popular guy in school with a low status, to the preps, that is.
[In other words, Zach is popular to us punks, to preps....An outcast.]
****
When I came home, we had guests. Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool, and my Grandma and Grandpa, and OLLIE ARMSTRONG?! But, that is Billie's Mom!
"Oh, look at how pretty you are!" My Granny said and gave me a hug.
"Uh, thanks?" A big crowd of people surrounded me.
"Everyone, this is Maggi! Honey, this is, Mike, Tre, and Ollie, she is Billie's Mom." My mom said as she pointed everyone out.
"I know, but what I don't know is why is everyone here?" I asked.
"Yeah! Why are we here?" I hear mumbling, people asking each other why they are here or if they heard about knew what was going on.
"Let's eat!" Billie announced. Everyone sat down and started to socialize again. Half way through our meal, Billie stood up, with a glass in his hand...OH NO!

"Excuse me everyone, I have something to say." Everyone had their eyes on Billie.
"Callie, even though it has been two months, but I have this feeling for you that I never felt for anyone else. I love you so much," He said and went down on one knee and had a velvet box in his hand. "Will you marry me?"
"NO!" I shouted and stood up then ran for my room.
"Excuse me," I heard Billie's voice. I ran harder. I cried my eyes out, but I finally stopped. When I felt better, I sat by my window, with the screen open, and listened to the rain.
"Hey," Said a voice. I jumped a little.
"Oh, sorry," I looked over by my door, it was Billie Joe.
"No, it's okay." I said as I looked back out the window. I heard Billie's footsteps come closer.
"We need to talk," Billie said.
"Yeah, I'm sorry what I did." I said my voice sounded so distant.
"Maggi, why did you do that?"
"I don't know, I guess...Because, after my father left us, it was hard for my mom to find happiness. I watched her come home with a man after a date and an hour later, he would leave. I knew she could never find a man like my father. He was so loving, kind, and smart. But, he cheated on her and she was torn apart. I guess, more like, I feel like it's to early for her to get remarried." I spilled my guts out.
"You know, it's not up to you to choose your mother's feelings," Billie said.
"I know," I said tears feeling the rims of my eyes.
"I felt the same way when I was your age. When my father died, about a year later, my mom married a guy none of my siblings could stand. But, I let her go. I know she felt happy with this man," Billie told me, I saw his green, black eye lined eyes water. He took me in his arms and I cried. After awhile, we came back to the kitchen, and he finished his proposal.
My mom said yes and we all had a toast. It was a great night.
Come to think of it, my idol is my STEP-DAD!