Billie, Ever Think of Having a Daughter

SOIXANTE-SEPT

Today was the first day of school after winter break. I was not looking forward going back.

I woke up, took a shower, and got ready. I went to the kitchen for a piece of toast. Scott was sitting at the table with Billie, eating cereal. They stopped talking when I walked in.

"Ready to go back to school, Maggi?" Billie asked me. I poured myself a cup of orange juice.
"Not really. But I want to get out of this house. Recently, Mom stopped talking to me. I know it's about the magazine article. Billie, you bought a lot of drama into this house. Thanks a lot." I said, and gave him a sarcastic smile, then went back to my room with my breakfast.

I put my food down, and looked through my drawers. I knew it was here somewhere. I looked in my 'secret drawer' and found it. I slid the sliver piece of metal into my book pack, and left my room.

Scott was standing by the front door waiting for me. We held hands, and walked to school.
"Today will be pure Hell. One: We are coming back from break, school is almost over. Plus, it's going to be a little harder. Two: Everyone will be calling me a slut. I know they will. Half our school watches MTV, and reads People Magazine." I stated.
"Maggi, I'll always be here for you. We been through a lot, and I can't stand watching you suffering through all this God forsaken drama." Scott said.
I stopped walking, "You mean that?"
"Bottom of my heart." He said, and gave him a kiss on the lips. I haven't kissed him for a few days, it felt like our first kiss all over again.
***
School

I walked through the main entrance, and I heard people whispering and snickering, when I walked past them. I didn't give any eye contact with anyone. Scott went to his locker, leaving me to walk all alone. I went to my locker, and heard more snickering.
I saw a piece of paper folded in half, tapped to my locker. On the front it 'MAGGI LYNN!!!' was written in blue gel pen. My heart started to race as I opened it. Relief washed over me.

Maggi,
Girl, you probably don't want to talk to anyone today. But I wanted to let you know, I'll cover your back 100%. No doubt about it. We been through a lot in the past two years.You were always there for me. Maggi, call me if you need someone to talk to. I'll be happy to hear your voice. We haven't seen each other for weeks.
I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!
Megan


I smiled to myself, and folded it back up, and stuck it in my purse. I opened my locker, and grabbed my books for class.
I walked to math, and sat down at my desk. I had a bunch of preps in my class. They thought Mr. Crowe was a total hottie. I beg a differ. They have a little group by his desk and always wear low cut shirts. The most popular girl in the ninth grade, and most slutty, walked up to me. Nina Lambert.

"I didn't think you would do something like that, Maggi. You have guts, and a one horny little mind, you little whore." She did her annoying laugh, and her posse echoed.
"At least I'm not the one giving head to the boys' basketball team, in the locker room." I said, quietly, but enough so she can hear me.
"Are you implying I'm a slut?" She asked, I looked at her.
"Implying? It's written all over the stalls in the girls' bathroom." I said and smirked.
"Fuck you," She said, and walked away.

After first period, I walked into the girls' bathroom. I went into a stall, and closed the door. I dropped my book back, and sat on the closed toilet lid. I grabbed the little piece of sliver metal. I put it to my wrist, my hand was shaking. I slid it across my wrist, just deep enough to leave a mark. A dark, thin line of crimson red blood was on my wrist. I wrapped some toilet paper around my wrist, and waited for it to stop.
When it stopped, I left the bathroom, and went to World Studies.
♠ ♠ ♠
TA-DA!!!!