Billie, Ever Think of Having a Daughter

SOIXANTE-NEUF

The phone rang to break the dead silence. I got up, and answered it.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Hey, it's Megan."
"Oh hey! What is up?" I asked, happily.
"After school lets out, my family and I are going to Texas for a week. We ride horses, and go four wheeling. I was wondering if you want to join us? My Mom would love if you came." Megan asked.
"Um, let me ask." I said and held the mouth piece.
"Megan wants to know if I can go to Texas with them for a week? After school is over with."
Mom looked at Billie, and shrugged. "Sure. I mean it's two weeks from now. I can spend time with Billie and the boys."
"Thanks, Mom!" I said and smiled.
"Megan? I can go!" I exclaimed and she screamed in response.
"You can bring Scott., if you want to." Megan asked.
"Sure. I'll talk to him tonight and I'll talk to you some more tomorrow." I said.
"Sweetness! Ha. Ha. That was so eighth grade!" Megan laughed.
"Ha. Bye." I laughed.
"Later," She said and hung up. I put the phone back on the cradle and sat down to finish my dinner. I was too excited to eat.

LATER THAT NIGHT

"Hey, Scott." I said as I approached him, he was watching T.V. in the living room.
"What?" He must have been in another world.
"You know how Megan asked how I can to Texas with her and her family?" I asked, he nodded.
"Well, she wants to invite you. Do you want to come?" I asked, hoping for a yes.
"Sure. We need to get out of this house." He said, I screamed and attacked him.
I laid on top of him, "This will be amazing!"
"Like, OMG! I need to, like, buy new clothes! I wonder if I can last in Hollister?" He mimicked a prep and batted his eyelashes.
I fell on the floor laughing. "That was the funniest shit ever!"
"Ha. We need cowboy hats, blue jeans, and plaid shirts." Scott said. I started to laugh again.
"Meg said that we are going to ride horses. I hate them, but I'll ride them." I said.
"You'll ride a horse, but not me?" Scott asked, and pouted.
"Shut up!" I said and playfully slapped him with a couch pillow. "Baby, you would so much comfortable." I gave him a wink.
"You are such a dirty little cowgirl!" He said with a Western accent, and tackled me. Scott kept tickling me, and made me laugh even harder.
Mom came in and asked what we were doing.
"Nothing." We said, and got up.
"Great. Get to bed. It's getting late." She said and went upstairs.
"I'll race ya!" Scott said and darted for the stairs.
"No fair! You got a head start!" I yelled after him.
I saw Scott panting at my bedroom door.
"Good night, baby." He softly said, and kissed me on the lips.
"I love you," I said as I stared into those blue eyes.
"I love you, too." He said, then went to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
NOTHING AGAINST THE COUNTRY FOLKS!!!!!!

An OFF! commercial inspired me to write this. LOL