Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

Conversation

I reached the main office and waited under the tree. I still didn’t understand why I came, but I did. Part of me was telling me to go do something else with my free time while the other part didn’t feel like getting up (or at least that’s what I told myself the other part was saying).

I grabbed my sketch book and began drawing. Drawing always helped me relax and past time. It was a way for me to get everything out of my system, as some would call it, a creative outlet. I would draw whenever I wasn’t playing softball, studying or hanging out. I was actually thinking about going to Art school for college but that’s only if I decide that I don’t want to play in the Olympics when I get older. (I need to play in college first if I want to play and Art schools aren’t big on sports.)

I didn’t know what to draw so I just let my mind wander. As my picture started to take shape, I heard footsteps nearing me. I didn’t bother to look up from my drawing.

Anthony took a seat next to me. I could see him looking at my sketch as I continued.

“What’s that suppose to be?” he asked.

I didn’t answer since I didn’t exactly know yet.

There was silence between us for about another minute or two but it wasn’t awkward. It was comfortable silence, the same as always between us.

“It looks like a tree or something?” he said while tilting his head.

I smiled. “Or something?”

“Well what if it’s not a tree, then I would be wrong”

I shook my head keeping my smile plastered on my face. I tilted my head and looked at my sketch. It was mostly just lines but it did look like one great big tree was forming. That’s what I’ll go on, that will be the center piece of my drawing.

“What’s with you and trees?”

“What?” I asked turning to face him.

“You’re drawing a tree and any time I need to talk to you, you go to this tree”

“You’ve only needed to talk to me twice” I closed my sketch book and put it with the rest of my belongings. “Most of the time you’re off with Leah or London. Now what’s your fascination with girls whose names starts with L?” I questioned with a smirk plastered on my face.

He rolled his eyes. “Those just happen to be the only 2 main people you know about” he started to smirk. “And did I sense a hint of jealousy in your voice?”

It was now my turn to roll my eyes. “Don’t flatter yourself Blackwood”

“You’re right; I should let others do it for me”

“You’re so egotistical” I grabbed my things and stood up. “Come on Blackwood, you owe me some ice cream”

He stood up in front of me. “You seem fine now” he gave me a quick look over. I suddenly wished that I wasn’t hung over this morning so I could wear something descent.

I started pouting and batting my eyelashes. “Better?” I asked in a baby voice.

He groaned and closed his eyes. He tilted his head back to face the sky. “Fine”

“Yay!” I squealed before grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the cafeteria.

My hand was tingling from being in his grip, but it was a good kind of tingling. The kind that almost tickles but it doesn’t. I know confusing right. My stomach was doing back flips but it was probably because I haven’t eaten anything yet; even holding his hand made me feel…well…weird. I saw some people giving us strange looks so I dropped his hand, although I didn’t want to.

We talked on the way to the cafeteria about nothing really. Conversation easily flowed between us, which is something that only happens between Eric and me. (Inset sigh here), but I’m not going to. I’m not going to think about breaking my best friend’s heart and possibly losing him. I’m not going to think about why I have to know the truth about love.

But why do I? Why couldn’t I be like any other 17 year old girl, and can’t wait to fall in love, to find the perfect guy. Someone who cared about you and made you want to be with them….I’m sorry I just thought I would try that out to see what it sounds like; and it sounds idiotic.

“Hello are you still there?” Anthony questioned while snapping his fingers in front of my face.

I shook my head. “Huh what?”

He rolled his eyes. “I said what kind of ice cream do you want”

“Banana spilt,” I said with a huge smile on my face.

“You’re such a five year old,” he said as he paid the man.

I pushed him. “No I’m not”

“You said your favorite show was Scooby doo”

He grabbed the ice Cream and got two spoons.

“So?”

“So what 17 year old girl loves Scooby doo?”

“Me and Leah Ha that’s two 17 year old girls”

He rolled his eyes. “Table or…”

“Tree duh”

“Tree hugger”

“Tree hater”

We sat under the tree and talked some more as we ate ice cream. I hated to admit but Anthony actually wasn’t that bad. At least he wasn’t when it was just me and him; he was probably still a jerk in front on people. For that reason (and the fact that he’s Leah’s crush), I’m not going to trust him just yet. Although I do feel comfortable around him, I’m not going to tell him everything just yet.

Then I remembered this morning.

“Hey Blackwood?”

“Yeah Jacobs”

“Why was your belt in my room this morning?”

He started choking on his ice cream causing me to laugh.

“Okay, okay seriously why was your belt in my room?”

“Don’t worry about it it’s…not…important” He answered not meeting my gaze. He seemed hesitant as he said the word ‘important’ in fact, I barely heard him say the word.

“How is it not important? A guys belt is in my room next to my friends bed and I don’t remember how it got there….that seems pretty important to me”

He mumbled something under his breath. It sounded like why would it be by her bed. The second part I didn’t quite catch.

“So are you going to tell me or am I going to have to be a bitch and work it out of you?” I questioned with a smirk.

He raised his eye brows and smirked at me. “How would you work something out of me?”

“Don’t change the subject,” I said while licking my spoon. The truth was I didn’t know how I was going to work it out of him, but I wasn’t about to let him know that. “Just tell me already”

“Do you honestly not remember?”

“If I remembered I wouldn’t be sitting here asking you how it got there now would I?”

He mumbled under his breath once more, this time it sounded like; how could she not remember.

“Well I was pretty wasted so of course I’m not going to remember, so could you just tell me already?”

He ran his hands through his messy black hair. He looked up at me with his deep chocolate brown eyes. Once again, his eyes looked as if they were searching for something. Now I wanted to know even more what that something was, that and some chocolate milk. His eyes just have that effect on me…..AT THE MOMENT. Just thought I should clear that up.

I motioned for him to continue.

“I’ll tell you just…..not now…not today” he finally answered.

I was shocked by his answer. Why couldn’t he just tell me now? Was it that important that he couldn’t tell me now? Well it couldn’t be because he said so himself that it wasn’t important.

“But why can’t you just—” “It will be a lot easier for me to explain when I get everything sorted out” he interrupted.

Sorted out? “What do you --” “Oh hey Anthony and Alexis!” a voice said interrupting us.

It was the last voice that I had actually expected to hear. If anything I would expect it to be London but no life just wouldn’t have it that way because its way to predictable.

“Hey Scarlet what’s up?” he answered while looking up at her. (Remember we’re sitting under a tree)

“I could ask you two the same thing,” she said while eyeing Anthony and me.

I rolled my eyes. “Hey Scarlet”

“So Eric wants to see you Lex,” she said.

“What makes you think I want to see him?” I mumbled. Anthony nudged me and I looked at him.

“I think you should go talk to him”

“Join the group” I replied.

“Seriously Lex you can’t just leave the boy heartbroken”

I was taken back by what he said, Lex? He never calls me Lex. I don’t remember even saying that he could, although I do like it better than him calling me Jacobs.

“Besides something tells me that you want to talk to him too,” he added.

Does this boy have to be right about everything? “Fine” I surrendered.

“Want me to come with you?” he asked with a smirk.

“You’re flattering yourself again Blackwood,” I said as I stood up with my things. I turned to face Scarlet. “So where is he?”

“His dorm. I’ll show you where it is” she turned on her heel and started walking.

I don’t know what cam over me to make me do what I was about to do but I did it. I turned to face Anthony.

“Can you come with me please?” I said as I set my gaze on the ground.

“Well I hate to see a VIP beg,” he said as he stood up.

I smiled as my stomach started doing back flips once again. I was glad that he was coming with me; that I would get to be around him even longer. I wanted to be around him, no mater how much I denied it.

What in the world is happening to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you guys think about Anthony and Alexis? What do you guys think is happening to Alexis?

Thanks for everyone whose reading this. I love the support.

Remember message comment and subscribe please. :-)