Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

The 'good' news

“Ugh I hate math!” Sam complained while throwing her work across the room. I rolled my eyes while Scarlet just agreed with her. Sam, Scarlet, Chris and I all decided that we would do our homework together in my dorm. At least that’s what we said we wanted to do. I think the truth was that we didn’t want to sit in our dorms a lone doing work. I volunteered my dorm since Leah has soccer practice and I didn’t want to have to walk back to my dorm.

“Hey Chris that blonde in our Cal class told me that she thinks you’re hot” Scarlet said.

“But I thought that you were going after her”

“No I said I was going after her friend,” Scarlet corrected. She looked at her watch then stood up. “That reminds me, I have a study date with her friend today”

“You just did you math homework,” I pointed out.

“But she doesn’t know that” she replied with a wink. I simply rolled my eyes and went back to my biology homework. “Bye guys” Scarlet said as she left the dorm with her stuff.

“Talk to John lately” Chris said to Sam with a smirk.

“No” Sam harshly replied not looking up to meet his gaze.

“You say that like they actually talk,” I added.

“Shut-up” Sam said while throwing her pencil at me.

I dodged it and started laughing. Sam stuck her tongue out at me and I returned the favor. Luckily, with these two around I could forget about today’s events. As long as they were here, today would remain tucked away in the back of mind.

Eventually we finished our homework and got bored.

“I’m so bored” Chris sang “So very bored; I have no body to make me un-bored”

I laughed and hit him with a pillow. “I hate to burst your bubble but we’re not allowed to go off campus during the weekdays”

“I know and I hate it”

“Doesn’t everyone”

Suddenly the door opened and Leah walked through. She dropped her purple duffle bag on the ground and looked at us. “Hey guys what’s up”

“Nothing and that’s the problem” Chris groaned.

Leah laughed before sitting next to me. “Well I have some good news that might lift the mood”

“I’ll listen to anything,” he said while turning to face her.

“Well someone asked me out on a date today,” she said with a huge smile.

“Would you look at the time I got to go,” Chris said as he stood up. “See you guys tomorrow”

We all started laughing as Chris walked out of the room. I should have guessed that he would leave the room when it came to girl talk. I guess he didn’t mean it when he said he would listen to anything.

“Well did you say yes?” Sam asked.

“I wouldn’t be telling you if I didn’t”

“Well who was it?” I asked.

“You’re going to have to wait to find out”

“Just tell us” Sam and I said in unison. Leah only giggled and shook her head. This must be someone at least half way decent. I just hope that it wasn’t someone that I think it is. I would possible explode if it was…..him. I refuse to say his name after how he reacted for no reason.

The conversation was like this for a while; we would ask Leah who it was and she would either tell us to wait or change the subject. I stopped after a while because it was annoying me. Is it that serious that she can’t just tell us who the guy is? The thing is she finds all of this funny. She probably loves torturing us like this.

Sam was the exact opposite of me. She continued to bother Leah about who asked her out. Leah still wouldn’t crack. I guess Sam was fed up and tackled Leah onto the floor. Leah was laughing as Sam screamed at her to tell her. I started laughing too. I was clutching my stomach from laughing so hard. I ended up rolling off the bed and onto the floor. Leah and Sam started laughing at me, which only made me laugh more. A minute went past and we couldn’t stop laughing.

Leah tried to stand up but fell on her ass, which made me and Sam laugh even harder. My stomach was hurting so much but I couldn’t stop laughing. These two had to be one of the craziest people I’ve ever met. This is probably why we’re best friends; moments like this couldn’t happen if anyone else was here.

“Okay, okay” Leah said once the laughter died down.

I sat Indian style on the floor still holding my stomach facing her. Sam rolled over on her stomach to face her.

“Well for starters you both know him,” she said.

“How do we know him?” I asked getting worried. What if he did ask her out?

“You’ve seen him around school have some classes with him….I think and you guys talk” This only made me worry more.

“Just tell us already,” Sam said.

“Alright, alright” Leah then giggled before flipping her hair. “Mike asked me out”

My jaw dropped along with Sam’s. I was relieved that it wasn’t who I thought it was but it was Mike. Mike was just as bad as him if not worse. How could Leah be excited about going on a date with Mike?

“Why the hell would you want to go on a date with him? Even Lex had to be drunk just to dance with him,” Sam pointed out.

“Thanks for reminding me” I sarcastically replied while rolling my eyes.

“Sorry”

“Anyway” Leah said. “Sure he’s not Anthony but he’s still a nice guy….at times. Not to mention, it’s a double date so it’s not like I’m going to be alone with him,” she said trying to explain her situation.

“That doesn’t matter it’s still him” Sam said.

“No offense Sam but you’re the last person that I’m going to come to when it comes to relationships” Leah replied with plenty of sass in her voice.

Luckily, I was able to put my arm out in front of Sam before she lunged at Leah. Sam was glaring daggers at Leah and wishing that I wasn’t holding her back. Leah on the other hand didn’t even flinch at Sam’s actions. She actually started looking at her nails and giving Sam a side glance that was saying ‘I wish you would’. I was slightly shocked by Leah’s actions. Weren’t these girls laughing like crazy a few minutes ago?

What made me wonder was the look on Leah’s face. I had seen that look before, I just couldn’t remember where.

Sam relaxed and returned back to her normal composure. “You know what Leah you’re right”

I turned to look at her with a shocked expression. Sam never admits when she’s wrong.

“I know” Leah replied completely unfazed.

“And since I wouldn’t be the person you come too, then there’s no need for me to tell you about Anthony and other girls or girl in this case”

My eyes went wide at this. Was she talking about me? Sam wouldn’t tell Leah anything about me Anthony, even though nothing happened between us.

“I already know about that” Leah replied.

“You do?” I questioned.

Leah nodded. “Who do you think the other couple is; Anthony and London”

Now it was my time to overreact. “WHAT?!” I yelled while standing up. Anthony’s going to overreact because I kiss Eric but he can go out on a date with London. Who the hell does he think he is?

“Whoa Lex calm down” Leah said.

“Why the hell should I calm down? He overreacts because of something I did but he can go out and date London? London, of all people this asshole picks her!”

“Why do you care? And why did he overreact?” Leah asked.

“Well I’ll let you too work out your problems,” Sam said while standing up and dusting herself off. “I’ll talk to you guys later” She left the dorm after that.

Leah kept asking me questions but I was too upset to answer any of them directly. In the end, I just decided not to care. I didn’t have a reason too. For the same reason that he had no reason to overreact was the same reason for me not too; we’re not in a relationship.

When I finally settled down, I decided that sleep would do me good. I showered and went to bed. I couldn’t sleep though so I just layed there and stared at the wall.

‘I hate this guy for doing this to me’ was what I thought before my eyes closed. My last thought was something that surprised me.

‘No I don’t. I don’t think I ever could’
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun.

What do you guys think about Lex's last thought? Once again comments are good. Oh and heads up there might be more drama coming up soon.

I'm motivated to right more the more feedback i recieve from people. So with that being said, Rate subscribe message and comment. Thanks :-)