Status: Sequel released!

It Was Easier Not Loving You

Silence of Loneliness

Mike sat in a chair against the wall in the recording studio. Their American Idiot tour had ended and they were back to recording. They new album is to be called 21st Century Breakdown, they have about three songs recorded.

Tre was spinning a stick on the tip of his finger. It didn't balance long and often fell off into his groin. Billie was helping mix the tracks to the third song before they left. Adrienne and Billie had dinner plans at Red Lobster and he wanted out before 8:30, which was in 45 minutes.

"Okay, guys, the track is done."

Billie played back the track and they all agrees on the sound.

"So we all like it?"

They nodded. "Yeah, man, sounds great!" Mike said.

"Awesome. Well, I'm gonna head on out. See you guys later."

They all packed up their stuff and left the studio.

Tre walked through the front door. The house felt so empty. He looked around and all the lights were off. It wasn't very late, but it was beginning to get dark, but it didn't seem that anyone was home.

"Hey, I'm home!" he announced. Nothing.

He continued upstairs into his bedroom. Niki was laying on the bed in a bundle of blankets. Tre smiled at her as she snored lightly. Frankito was here this past week and she watched him while he was in the studio. She was obviously exhausted having to pick up and chase after him for six days straight. The house was still a small mess.

Tre took off his shirt and crawled in bed next to her, draping his arm around her waist pulling her close. They lay there in silence other than her snoring until he finally fell asleep.

Mike pulled into his empty driveway, parked the car, and went into the house. He flipped on the lights and went into the kitchen alone. He didn't have anyone to talk to, no one to enjoy his time with, no one to hold close. He slowly realized how lonely he was and how jealous he was of Tre. Two ex-wives, two kids, and Niki, living with him of all things. He wished he had Niki to himself. He knew because he slept with her that it would be harder gaining her friendship and trust back, but he doesn't want anyone else. He walked upstairs, took a shower, and went to bed.